Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First specific retail DSi game announced - Monster Finder

9 posts in this topic

Posted

[float][img]http://adrbrew.zeldafan.net/art/MonsterADRFinderHYRULEdotNET2.png[/img][/float]The first DSi specific game has been revealed and its called Monster Finder. Essentially, the game revolves around 'capturing and battling' monsters via the use of the camera function of the Nintendo DSi.

------

Earlier today the news came that there shall release DSi-Only games. Now the first game that's exclusive on DSi, gets introduced.
The game is called 'Monster Finder' and it gets developed by the Mario & Luigi creator, Alphadream. In the game you use the camera to catch more than a hundred of monsters. Later you use these monsters to fight.

[quote]Just yesterday we heard that DSi-only retail games would be on the way soon. Today, Japanese publisher Alpha Unit announced the first one, Monster Finder -- though, since it was announced for Japan, we doubt it's one of the games being referred to yesterday!

Basically the only details available about Monster Finder right now are that it includes over 100 different varieties of monster and that those monsters are found with the DSi camera (hence the DSi exclusivity); and probably represented in-game by the scanner-gun thing seen in the teaser artwork. It's part Monster Rancher, part augmented reality. Monster Finder will be released sometime this winter in Japan.[/quote]

A member of Maxconsole.net, crypysmoker Said:
"Its an Augmented reality game where you walk around and the dsi cameras show things around you that you have to battle/collect.
Just like how the Ps3 eye pet thing works, you will have little monsters at your feet"

So this game is the first game to use the DSi camera! (Next to DSi Ware of course.)
And this game will not run on a DS Phat or Lite.

[center][img]http://adrbrew.zeldafan.net/art/MFtop01.jpg[/img][/center]

Official Website:
http://mf.alphastation.jp/

Source(s): Maxconsole.net
Joystiq.com
Gamed.nl

Posted

How would you use the camera function to play this? Like will the camera be in the game for you to use? This perplexes me a bit.

Also it sounds like Pokemon.

Posted

Lol indeed it does sound like Pokemon.

But image this game as a Eye Toy game. I think that is the most logically way of amusing this game. :)

Posted

What's eye toy?

Oh well this may be what I want for Christmas. ;)

Posted

Lol,
Well let's say it is a game where they recognize your moves with a cam. :) In game!

Posted

Cool, the Dsi is awesome. I was wondering when the first DSi only game would pop-up.

Posted

Yea it took kinda long.

I mean, Nintendo known they would release a mini game like Wii Sports with the DSi for sale, but than a game using the cam of course.
Or close after the DSi release, release a game.

Posted

awesome i'm definatly going to get that, i love arg's ^_^

Posted

I don't have a DSi.

And have like.. nothing left after I bought stuff on DealExtreme. :P

But I'm gonna save money again.

Or DealExtreme is gonna put new cool stuff up I requested. :P