Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Previous news post was an organized hoax.

23 posts in this topic

Posted

The post about Zelda Wii being glimpsed upon was a prank I organized with the help of some of the other users, and I'm surprised at how much it grew. It began to infect blogging websites and even got onto a Spanish website. (Spanning demographics is astonishing for some dude on the internet like me.)

[b]EDIT: Well, looks like it was true, for the most part.
It stars an adult Link, is cel shaded, and Miyamoto demonstrated it onstage.[/b]
--------

I made this thread to tell you that it wasn't a prank or outrageous rumor sprouted for or against Zelda fans in general, oh no.
It was a prank against one of our older members, Young Link Addict, because he is notorious on our forum for being close minded about things like the cel shading style Wind Waker had, as well as anyone else who might be intolerant and/or hateful towards it. I initially told the participants to "keep cool, don't even mention YLA's name, and we'll see how far we can take this", but it never meant to grow in this scale, and I feel pretty awesome at the hilarious reaction of the internet in general. I pulled together people a few days before and asked they prepare fake threads, hoping the posting en masse over this slip of E3 footage would be more convincing, and apparently, it was really effective.

The kicker here is that the internet started an uproar over it, (Despite most of the linking being to ZeldaAC) Young Link Addict logged off a half hour before our planned attack, and never logged back on to see the effects of our plan, which was planned specifically for him, until this morning, when I had a pretty good giggle over this whole thing. I was expecting something closer to tears, but this works too. I'll keep this in a Notepad document named "trophy.txt".
Our user activity spiked from 30 guest users to over a hundred guest users, the thread itself had over half of them, and some of the less clued in members had to be informed. Even if they had a violent reaction initially, they played along, and this impresses me a lot. Thanks a lot, guys, for having such a great sense of humor.

Sorry for any disappointment or rage I might have caused, or for any of the disappointment or rage the news of Zelda Wii's real presentation will cause.
Special thanks to everyone who participated.
I would list you all, but I'm afraid I will miss someone. Jo Bengt, I know, fired the first shots. Muffin, Kimmy and I followed up shortly afterwards. Lionheart and Goddess of Creativity played along pretty effectively without being informed, and GoC filled in anyone who might be a threat to our reliability. pheonix561 posted late, but he was over here.
I started doing other stuff when kaffles suddenly notified me of this weird development.
So thanks again. You're all great, and your efforts were inspiring. I was so excited over an overnight rumor, I jumped around and threw things.

[url="http://img411.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dswii.png"]These are some of the blog sites and even some official boards and stuff I saw. I lol'd each time.[/url]
Sahaqiel

Posted

It was really fun while it lasted.

Posted

My hoax senses started tingling this morning when I saw little mention of this. You did an excellent job though, it was very believable.

Posted

*Deep breathing.* I... I don't know what to think. I'm really pissed, really relieved and I still may leave over this. Fake or not. I couldn't handel it. Now GoC will be pissed at me because she said, "ZELDA WII IS CELL-SHADED YIPEE!!!
IT IS GOING TO BE SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!" My responce was, "GO THE F*** AWAY! I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT!"

YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE CAUSED? IT WASN'T EVEN FUNNY. AND NOW I'M MORE PISSED OFF THAN BEFORE. I was starting to feel bad and I was going to say that MC Link and FSA Link was Toon Link just to make you happy, but forget it. It would've just been a lie to get you to shut up anyway.

I may end up leaving anyway or not. Depending on what mood E3 puts me in.

Posted

Oh man, YLA, I luv u. :>

Posted

If it's any consolation I hope it is cel-shade just for this because you made fake news that people believed and made yourself look like a fool just to trick me.

[s]Now just because I said that doesn't mean [/s]And if it is I'll play it just to make you happy. I just hope I have medicine. xD

Posted

Fffff
ffff

fff

We're only teasing
I'm sure GoC understands

Posted

Wait, so YLA [i]isn't[/i] leaving... Sahaqiel, I want my money back!

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='15 June 2010 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1276615811' post='308029']
If it's any consolation I hope it is cel-shade just for this because you made fake news that people believed and made yourself look like a fool just to trick me.

[s]Now just because I said that doesn't mean [/s]And if it is I'll play it just to make you happy. I just hope I have medicine. xD
[/quote]
Man, I wouldn't even care. I'm just ready for a new Zelda.
And if it IS cel-shaded, I'll forever be known as the guy who predicted the future of Zelda that no one saw coming.

You should seriously just chill out about cel shaded games a bit. It doesn't need to stop you from enjoying the game.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Now, now. There's still a chance I'll leave. I mean Zelda Wii could still be cel-shade. After it's confirmed you will never hear from me again.

I would try if I didn't get headaches from them. I'm being honest here. It really does and there's nothing I can do besides take medicine for it.

Posted

You didn't get headaches from TP's water. ;o
Anyways, let's all just watch E3. We can argue another day.

Posted

YLA, I call bull-cocky on you! I hope it is cell shaded. It'll be like double Christmas!

What's this? An awesomely fantastic game? AND YLA is leaving?? I love you, Jesus!

Posted

Agreed. Today shall be a good day. No arguing, no complaining, nothing to ruin it.

Who wants to bet this agreement will be broken by the end of the day?.

TLA, you're an asshole and I hope you fall down a flight of stairs. Don't ask why I said that it was the first thing that came to mind.

And you know what, if it is cel-shaded, I'm staying just to torture you.

Posted

Kay kay. <3

Posted

Yeah. You know what I love? I love how when they talk about Zelda Wii they say, and quote so you don't think it's me, "Will it be another Ocarina of Time, or will it be another Wind Waker?" They say Wind Waker like it's a bad thing. xD

Come on already. Move faster time. :cry: