Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hylian Lore - Theory Guidelines

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The Zelda Theories Section is for theories regarding the mysteries of the Legend of Zelda series' plot.

DO NOT

Ask other people about what they think as a thread.

"Is Tingle the ultimate evil?" is not a theory. This is reserved for the Zelda Discussion thread. Bring forth proof, or else.

Speculate about future Zelda titles.

It's cool you think she's a sword, but you don't need to bring it here unless you have significant proof.

Post things that have little to no proof.

When you have less than like, three pieces of evidence, do you really think it will be believable?

Post things that are obvious.

Yes, I know you get the Master Sword. Don't post theories about things if they're already stated in the game unless it's proof for an actual theory. We already know.

Theories are things that are not specifically stated in a Zelda title, but are open to interpretation. Do not post something that is obvious, or serves no purpose, and/or doesn't theorize about anything. Questions or speculations are not considered theories, and will be locked, moved, or possibly even removed from the forum.

Make sure you do these things.

If you have any questions, post them here.

Do not post theories here. This is a rule thread. Post them in the forum.

When making another point...

Post them in the original thread, not as a new topic.

If your topic has been locked

PM me to move it elsewhere, if it fits its destination. You may also append your theory to make it more suitable for the forum and request for it to be unlocked.

Read the rules

Pretty self explanatory.

Double posting is not allowed until 48 hours have passed.

A theory goes something like this.

Zora to Rito Evolution

In the Zelda series, there has been confusion over the transition from Zora to Rito, if the transition even exists. I'm going to provide evidence for this change.

The role of government plays a large part in the possible change between the two races. The Zora and Rito both have a monarchy.

The Zora and Rito also have very similar tribal symbols. I think it's clear what Nintendo was trying to imply.

"Rito" is very close to "Ruto", the Zora princess from Ocarina of Time. This is a big implication.

The Zora may not have directly evolved into the Rito in such a small amount of time; they could have been aided by magic. Valoo could have aided the Zora with the power of flight. Jabu-Jabu/Jabun was apparently abandoned, which brings me to my next point.

The Great Sea, as stated by Ganondorf in the events of Wind Waker, yields no fish to catch. The sea only has hostile creatures, such as Gyorgs. These are hard to fish, and would probably be inconvenient to the population's survival since they travel in packs. Zoras are powerful, but life would become hard. They were amphibious, though, so a transition to land, and even the air, would be a much improved state of condition.

This is my theory. Please comment.

Notice the purpose of the theory has been stated and evidence was provided.

It can be as long as you want, but you must support your statements, or it's not a valid theory.

Are your points valid?

Check where you're getting it from. Remember, the evidence used to support your theory must be canon.

Being canon means the point is valid and official.

The following things are not canon:

The LoZ Manga

Anything made by Philips (CD-i Zelda games)

LoZ multiple ending books

Fan fiction

Fan art

Cameos (Super Smash Bros, Soul Calibur, etc.)

Cartoon series

The following things are canon:

Official statements from the Zelda development teams

They know what they're talking about. So their speech is golden.

In game evidence such as plot, quotes, graphics, etc.

This is most essential. If it happened, it can be used.

Official artwork

It's official.

Post something that's not canon? It's called fan fiction. Which is alright. You can make a fan fiction. If you think the Gorons killed a bunch of people with a Sheikah artifact, that's OK. It's OK if you think Link married so and so. But if you don't have actual canon proof, it's fan fiction, and thus, you can make it a fan fiction in the fan fiction board. Don't post it here.

Text based proof may come from text dumps.

WARNING:

Ganondorf's name is spelled Ganon or Ganondorf. Do not get this wrong. It messes with the newer users and makes your credibility go down a lot. This rule basically goes for any Zelda term.

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

ok other than that gannon theroy Oot. gannon can make a shadow clone of him self right first boss as adult link

if it's posably that the eveil twilight guy not gannon made a hosk(looks like the person off the zelda game were u got to sreanghen the bonds of the sages in fact mabye it's phatom gannon u kill in tp when the other guy goes moves he's neck bang he's died so as all could this mean that u don't kill gannon(or can gannon finaly die 1 it's the first time u fight m beast man and the tri force gets turned off hmm)

Posted

I've added a new rule.

Don't spell Ganon's name wrong.

Or else.

Also, you post theories as threads, not replies in this topic.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Is it alright to use fan theories as proofs for new theories? If I wanted to post a theory, I couldn't use another's theory as (part of my) proof, could I? Just for reference.

thanks

edit: for clarity

Posted

If you mean, can you take evidence from another theory, then yes.

No one owns the entire concept of a theory.

They are open to be debunked or built upon.

Sahaqiel

Posted

See, some people elsewhere believe their theories are a property of their name, and any addition or subtraction by another is therefore wrong. Just thought I'd ask if that was encouraged here.

Posted

Like whole parts of their theories shouldn't be plagiarized.

But the concept of their theories is by no means property of someone.

Especially since Zelda theories deal with copyrighted intellectual property that doesn't belong to them.

But if you're going to use their stuff, it'd be polite to cite them.

Like,

"So hey, I was thinking, after reading DudeMayne5000's theory, I thought about it and came to this conclusion."

Sahaqiel

Posted

Your so violent.