Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ocarina of Time 3DS footage

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes the first Zelda Ocarina of Time video Montage is right here, after the jump!

I can't say much about it except, it's Ocarina of time in 3D, and it's awesome.

------

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vusCtrcemkI[/media] (Watch in 720p HD!)

[quote]Skip to the 1:19 mark to see about 30-40 seconds of Ocarina of Time 3DS footage. Of course you can’t enjoy the 3D effects but at least you get a glimpse of the reworked graphics.[/quote]

Source: nintendo3dsblog.com

Posted

Oh snap

except you cant really see 3D via YouTube

Posted

Its too bad that video doesn't capture 3D, because the one guy at the end sure enjoyed watching its intro in 3D. :'D
Aw man, this looks very awesome! Great find, Adr!

Posted

Yeah the 3D doesn't look good from a camera.

Posted

You're all just not wearing 3D glasses, that's why you can't see it.

Posted

I thought you didn't need glasses.

Also for a minute it [b]almost[/b] looked cel-shaded, but maybe it's just the 3D effects make it look that way.

Posted

lol Vio.
Anyway, this does look quite impressive.
The graphics revamp is kind of interesting as well.

Posted

@YLA: No no, see you need glasses for Digital 3D, which would be 3D in video. Like at the movies, right? In person, you don't need the glasses since the 3D will be adjusted for the eyes when you're actually playing it. Video just doesn't pick up 3D, that's all.
And if thats the case... hmm... I wonder if I can see the 3D if I grab my Digital 3D glasses from upstairs.. ;O Probably not, but its worth a try.

EDIT: Nope, failure. xD Oh well, I can't wait for the 3DS and this game regardless~

Posted

I use the cross eye technique even in video clips for 3DS experience.
It works kinda well so far. Wait let me try something, I will re-upload this video with 3D tags. :)

Edit: NVM

Posted

[quote name='Eka' date='25 July 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1280072368' post='315011']
@YLA: No no, see you need glasses for Digital 3D, which would be 3D in video. Like at the movies, right? In person, you don't need the glasses since the 3D will be adjusted for the eyes when you're actually playing it. Its just because its on recorded video, thats why.
And if thats the case... hmm... I wonder if I can see the 3D if I grab my Digital 3D glasses from upstairs.. ;O Probably not, but its worth a try.
[/quote]
Yeah, but I remember having this whole conversation about how you don't need them because it's so advance. *Sigh* So I was right and then Jo lead me to believe wrong.

Posted

Well uh, yeah. That's the whole awesomeness behind the 3DS: you don't need glasses to see the 3D. Everyone who saw E3 or read about it online knows that. xD

Posted

Oh? But we're not watching it through the 3DS, we're watching it through a video, a representation of the 3DS...

You'll need the glasses to see through the video.
I have my own pair of 3D-glasses somewhere here, would /I/ lie?

Posted

[quote name='Eka' date='25 July 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1280073123' post='315014']
Well uh, yeah. That's the whole awesomeness behind the 3DS: you don't need glasses to see the 3D. Everyone who saw E3 or read about it online knows that. xD
[/quote]
*Makes an irritated grunt.* I didn't know you were talking about the video I thought you meant the 3DS.

I lost my 3D glasses so I can't see it in 3D.

Posted

[quote name='Eka' date='25 July 2010 - 10:39 AM' timestamp='1280072368' post='315011']
[/quote]
??
Oh.
That was really confusing.
Like yeah.

What she means to say YLA, is that you don't need glasses for the 3DS. The recording from the camera is what is making it look so weird, because it can't pick up 3D like the human eye. You get a similar result when you record a 3D movie. You wouldn't be able to see it in 3D even if you had the glasses.
Or at least, I highly doubt you would be able to.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah, there's special planning in the recording and playing of 3D movies that makes them 3D.

I was joking about the 3D glasses working, YLA. There's clearly nothing on that video for them to pick up.
So, to the answer to my question, "Would /I/ ever lie?" No, I wouldn't, but I'd fib.