Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miyamoto reveals some information about Zelda Wii

37 posts in this topic

Posted

The creator of The Legend of Zelda, Shigeru Miyamoto, has revealed some new info on Zelda Wii, working title.

Among other things, he stated that they will do their best to include some of the things that were cut off Twilight Princess due to the lack of time and pressure they experienced as the release of the game approached. When asked about his promise on Twilight Princess being the best Zelda game ever, and how it didn't live up to the hype, he replied that the developing team is very aware of what happened and that they will put a lot of effort and hard work into Zelda Wii.

------

'We learned from the mistakes we made with Twilight Princess, and we are going to fix all of them in the upcoming game.'-Said Miyamoto.

He didn't want to reveal the storyline for the game, although he did gave us some hints on what we should expect:

-The Link from this game will be the same from Twilight Princess.

-Midna will be returning, and she will play an important role in the game.

-There will be at least 10 new weapons.

-When asked bout how many dungeons there will be, he said that they are completely revamping the dungeon system, so he
cannot give a concrete number.

-We will se the return of Zant, as well as Ganondorf.

-This will be the last game featuring Ganondorf as the main villain.

-Hyrule will be about the size it was in Twilight Princess, but it will have more towns and people.

-We will se the introduction of a new race, besides the Twili and the Oocca.

-The controls will be almost the same as in Twilight Princess, with some changes in the sword movement with the Wii remote.

-We will be able to swtich to 4 different tunics, and 2 armors, as well as 3 swords and shields.

-The Kokiri will make an appearence, and may be crucial to the plot.

He also said that the game was too early in the developement stages to provide us with screenshots, but he said we can expect some (and a video, maybe) at the Tokyo Game show later this year.

That's all for know. We will do our best to keep you informed.

Posted

Guffwah?

NO WAY!

Oh my GOD! THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME, LIKE A LEGEND OF ZELDA WORLD IN KINGDOM HEARTS III!

HOW EXCITING!

Posted

Sound cool, (UNDERSTATEMENT)

Posted

Even though that's barely any info, that's more than enough to tell me that we might have another Zelda game that will sell millions. :)

Posted

Sounds sexy! I look forward to it.

Posted

Sorry, but I have to question where this info came from. Was the first joke just a cover up for this one :unsure:

Posted

yeah, is this another joke? :unsure:

Posted

They best not be lying, cos I reckon this would be pretty awesome ^-^.
BUT
Zant? The return of Zant? DEAR GOD, he was so easy to beat, it's pointless for him to return, unless he is more of a challenge this time.

TWILIGHT PRINCESS COMPLETION IN UNDER 40 HOURS.
w00t.

Posted

This games gonna be awesome...but, I'm hoping they wont build as much hype for TP, since some gamers were kinda let down.

But, its awesome that the Kokiri will be making an appearance as well as a new race! Although it really sucks that this will be Ganondorf's last game as the main villian :cry: Like, after seeing him in so many games, you would kinda think who could be more evil then Ganondorf? Well..Zant has a good chance, I mean, since he was mentioned in TP, and maybe if he got more powerful..he'll probably get revenge on Ganondorf or somethin like that :embarrassed: Nonetheless, I'm still excited!! :D Depends if this is a joke though........

Posted

[quote name='ZeldaWii' post='35482' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:40 AM']This games gonna be awesome...but, I'm hoping they wont build as much hype for TP, since some gamers were kinda let down.

But, its awesome that the Kokiri will be making an appearance as well as a new race! Although it really sucks that this will be Ganondorf's last game as the main villian :cry: Like, after seeing him in so many games, you would kinda think who could be more evil then Ganondorf? Well..Zant has a good chance, I mean, since he was mentioned in TP, and maybe if he got more powerful..he'll probably get revenge on Ganondorf or somethin like that :embarrassed: Nonetheless, I'm still excited!! :D Depends if this is a joke though........[/quote]

I'm always on my guard on AF's Day....

But if this is true, this sounds awesome!!!!!!!!

Yay, Midna returns!

Gone forever? I KNEW YOU WERE ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!

XD

Hmm.....Who will be the new villain to take Ganondorf's place?

Will it be Majora or Zant?

or a new guy?

DUN DUN DUNNN....

Posted

OMG!!!! I JUST FOUND THIS SCREENSHOT ON GOOGLE IMAGES!!!!!

[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/psychosiss/ZeldaRevolution1.jpg[/img]

I'm searching for more now...

Posted

I'm not sure... :unsure:

It's too soon for another Zelda game, don't you think? :unsure:
Really, it would be great to see Midna back and everything Relean said it's really exciting but if it is another joke... I dunno waht I would do :cry:

Posted

What was the keyword you used to find that photo?

Posted

[quote name='=Zoe=' post='35567' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:21 AM']I'm not sure... :unsure:
It's too soon for another Zelda game, don't you think? :unsure:[/quote]

But they already announce that they've been working on Zelda Wii for about a year now.

This new information is very exciting!

I wonder what the new race will be... I hope it's not as lame as the Oocca.

And the picture looks great, triforce! Maybe it was leaked footage...

Is it just me or the graphics don't look very good? Maybe it's because they're in early developement stages. I hope Zelda Wii has better graphics than TP.

Posted

[quote name='triforce555' post='35550' date='Apr 2 2007, 03:48 AM']OMG!!!! I JUST FOUND THIS SCREENSHOT ON GOOGLE IMAGES!!!!!
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/psychosiss/ZeldaRevolution1.jpg[/img]
I'm searching for more now...[/quote]

I don't belive in that screenshot....... To be honest I've got a feeling this is just another joke :unsure: