Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii Technical Specification

18 posts in this topic

Posted

[url="http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=8802"]MaxConsole[/url] brings us the latest in Nintendo Wii technical specifications. Much of which has never been seen before! Follow the jump for more details on the Wii overall and individual components, CPU, GPU, controller, etc.

[b]The Wii Hardware[/b]

- Nintendo Wii

Posted

the problem is i need someone to explain most of the more detailed parts of these and I don't trsut this entirely either, for one thing they're not official from nintendo and are still from a dev kit before the actual console has really started manufacturing, ok it probabbly has by now, but still...

i should really think more when finding stuff like this though, this is the 2nd time recently i've found something, not posted it, then it's been posted a day or 2 after i found it and now i feel guilty :embarrassed:

Posted

[quote name='gingerlink' post='5494' date='Jul 31 2006, 04:05 PM']the problem is i need someone to explain most of the more detailed parts of these and I don't trsut this entirely either, for one thing they're not official from nintendo and are still from a dev kit before the actual console has really started manufacturing, ok it probabbly has by now, but still...

i should really think more when finding stuff like this though, this is the 2nd time recently i've found something, not posted it, then it's been posted a day or 2 after i found it and now i feel guilty :embarrassed:[/quote]
Don't feel bad, I didn't even find this news. At least you did...

And I don't fully understand all of it anyway. Big words confuse me :embarrassed:

(not really)

Posted

[quote]

Posted

man that's alot of stuff in a small system like the Wii :blink:

Posted

Sounds okay, although I would have expected a little bit more. On the other hand, we get incredible controllers, and that's what counts.

But where did they even get this info? I thought Nintendo didn't want to release anything...

Posted

they're not offical, they're "leaked" so this is from some smart ass developer who's got a dev kit...so
a) It could be all correct
B) They could be lying
c) They actually have no idea

as well as numerous others

notice, they didn't even have direct access to the CPU and GPU either...

Posted

<_< They BETTER change the controllers batteries, to A battery. That would be completely STUPID to have it take only AA batteries. If they are truly smart, then they will put a rechargable battery in it instead.

Posted

what?!?!?!

AA is the most versitile battery type i know, really easy to find rechargable AA's too....AAA can just get annoying..
I don't think I've really ever seen A batterys, let alone used them....

Posted

If this is bogus, I just hope this doesn't spread over the internet. Tech specifications make the system look weak. Not that I would care; but you know the nintendo opponents...

Rechargeable batteries would be nice; like with a loading station on the console; so you would never have to worry about the batteries. Ok, a remote control which belongs *on* the console would be stupid :embarrassed:

Posted

actually, although most of it could well be bogus, the batteries aren't, that was mentioned in an official documentation that it would use 2 AA batterys...

as long as that means i can play it straight out of the box if I've got some handy and another pari on recharge, im ok!

Posted

i would prefer rechargable batteries as well.

Posted

is that good or bad i do not knnow of this witchcraft at all

Posted

i have little idea of what ANY of that stuff means... but dang it sounds cool :D

Posted

These spec are not official, though. The Wii specs are more powerful than these one.
At the current date the specs are:

- IBM processor (the 750FX) @90nm, 1,1GHz, cache memory, from level 2, of 1Mo (i'm french so i speak with octets instead of Bytes). => so it's not 725mhz. At last this is very more powerful than the GC processor