Can they top Oot?

69 posts in this topic

Posted

I think it's been topped. Loads of times. But not by a game of it's type of course. For example, I feel that Metal Gear Solid 4 beat it. Assassins Creed beat it. The Elder Scrolls III and IV beat it. LittleBigPlanet beat it.

But for an action adventure game with swords that isn't a full blown RPG, Ocarina of Time is yet to be beaten.

Posted

For me, an automatic point from me would be graphics. If a game has stellar graphics, but poor game play. It has at least one point from me.

TP's graphics were good, but certainly not stellar. Mostly because it was an import.

So one point goes to graphics.

Gameplay gets about five points in my mind. If the game isn't fun, it's no good. (So this gets a bulk of my points. And if the game screws it up chances are it will fail.)

The rest would go to diffuculty (Not to hard not to easy - one point)

Then controls/gameplay options (1/2 point each)

The story/ending (the story is no good and/or the ending my sucks then it won't do swell in my standards. (two points)

And finally, just if I liked it, and my personal opinion towards it. (The game dosen't gain points for this just keeps them.)

Overall my grade is out of 10. OoT would at the very least get a 9 from a rouph estimate.

If you want you can grade games using my ruberic :P

Posted

One little thing is bothering me. You're all saying that OoT is the best, but what you should say is that it's your favorite. There is no "best" Zelda, because everyone has different opinions, and every game has it's pros and cons. Don't get me wrong, I love OoT, but it bothers me that most people say it's the best.

However, OoT, and other games in the series, are superior in certain aspects. Here's what I think:

Classic feeling, balanced game: OoT

Funnest: WW

Most epic and cool: TP

Best gameplay: PH

My overall favorite: WW

Posted (edited)

One little thing is bothering me. You're all saying that OoT is the best, but what you should say is that it's your favorite. There is no "best" Zelda, because everyone has different opinions, and every game has it's pros and cons. Don't get me wrong, I love OoT, but it bothers me that most people say it's the best.

However, OoT, and other games in the series, are superior in certain aspects. Here's what I think:

Classic feeling, balanced game: OoT

Funnest: WW

Best gameplay: PH

My overall favorite: WW

Me next. I agree with clasic.

Funnest: WW, for reasons differnt than the lousy sailing. It was funny when Ganondorf called him the Hero of Time. That's why I kick his fat sorry ass. Also this was joke. I did not laugh. In fact I was insulted, and inhilated him.

Best gameplay: ... I don't know what game play is.

My overall favorite: MM.

Edited by Young Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

Alright I'll go:

Balanced: OoT

Funnest: Oracle of Seasons (Subsorsians!!)

Coolest and most Epic: heck...I don't know... (TP would probablly get it because of the graphics)

Hardest: Oracle of Ages

Easiest: Minish Cap

Best: OoT or...mabye Oracle of Seasons...(I love that game!!)

Whoops!

Gameplay: It's touph, for the most part, all LOZ games have good gameplay.

Posted

Hardest: WW. It was the stupid triforce thing that stopped me for 4 years! That's another reason not to like WW... and the internet... and people from the internet. I went everywhere, and they all said play the wind gods aria. I did. Nothing happend. :( Then I played the winds requleum. I'm starting to hate the internet.

Easiest: PH.

Ok I really didn't do that on purpose. I really just noticed that. PH, the sequil of WW, the hardest Zelda game, is the easiest. WTF.

Hardest: WW. It was the stupid triforce thing that stopped me for 4 years! That's another reason not to like WW... and the internet... and people from the internet. I went everywhere, and they all said play the wind gods aria. I did. Nothing happend. :( Then I played the winds requleum. I'm starting to hate the internet.

Ok I really didn't do that on purpose. I really just noticed that. PH, the sequil of WW, the hardest Zelda game, is the easiest. WTF.

Posted

Nice...anywho I guess me posting this topic is kinda' hypicritical because i'm not sure which was my fav, OoT or OoS

Posted

I'm kinda tied between OoT and WW. OoT was plain awsome all around but WW... Maybe its the fact that I have only gone through WW twice (green tuinc once, PJs once) that makes it special for me. Just everything about it was perfect.

Posted

I feel that OOT is the best. Not only was that my first Zelda game, but it was one of the first video games I played. It also happens to be my favorite video game of all time. I've played it 6 times so far, and might play it again soon. And I'm not completely sure why I love it so much. It's just something that I feel inside.

And actually, I am still a bit aggravated with TP. You see, I am one of those people who like a challenge, but not too hard that it ruins the fun. OOT gave that to me. TP, well, in my opinion it was the easiest game I have ever played (or at least remember playing). Not only that, but I started to find it boring. The boss battles bored me. For instance, while fighting that eel boss in the water temple (I forgot its name), I could just stand there for minutes without getting hurt.

WW and MM are tied for my second favorite Zelda game. They were very fun, enjoyable, and different from regular Zelda games.

Posted (edited)

I think Twilight already topped OoT.It's got almost everything you wanted to do in a Zelda game

Edited by King of all things mario (see edit history)

Posted

I went everywhere, and they all said play the wind gods aria. I did. Nothing happend. :( Then I played the winds requleum. I'm starting to hate the internet.

easiest. WTF.

You played Wind's Requiem first and then we told you to play Wind God's Aria. After that you got through it and complained the names were too similar instead of blaming your own short attention span. :|

Sahaqiel

Posted

GOSH!! Dose anybody like Seasons as much as I do?!?!?

Posted (edited)

I've never played it. I want to, but It's kind of hard to say you like something if you've never tried it. :embarrassed:

Edited by Arcanelord (see edit history)

Posted

I think they CAN top OoT.

Though I think they aren't wanting to.

(It would require them to have to go back and think about how they did it)

Posted

GOSH!! Dose anybody like Seasons as much as I do?!?!?

Lol yes, I do. It isn't my favorite, but it's dang good! I liked it better than Ages.

Though if they had an epic battle...I wonder who would win? Hmm...