Can they top Oot?

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol yes, I do. It isn't my favorite, but it's dang good! I liked it better than Ages.

Though if they had an epic battle...I wonder who would win? Hmm...

Are you thinking of a new topic??!?!?!?!

Posted

i'm just stating that it is physically impossible to top OoT and this is coming from someone who disproves the word "impossible" on a daily basis

Posted

you can top OoT easily (for example, get the original OoT and add a muffin).

It's just most people are too bloody minded to realise...

Posted

Okay, I'll bite:

Funnest on Console: MM. I like all the masks, and not to mention there was the Great Fairy Sword and FD mask.

Funnest on Handheld: PH. There's just something I like about the 100% stylus controls.

Hardest: Either OoT or WW. OoT: I don't know why. WW: I agree with YLA, I hated the Triforce quest. That's why I skipped it.

Overall: Tie between PH and MM.

Posted (edited)

PH had horrible gameplay. It's too "interactive", you just use the stylus for all of the game and stare at the screen like a @#!& chuckling ape.

Triforce quest? What.

Why is OoT the best? Unlike TP, it has unrealistic sword movements, instant direction, none of that realistic turnaround crap. The rolling in TP is awesome, however the animation from roll to sword is too slow, I prefer having an instant slash than having to wait half a second. Speed is everything, if the game is long and fast paced with awesome combat, it does it for me. OoT will not be topped in my books because games these days are infested with interactivity and long-ass walkabouts with so many things to do at once and it doesn't really tie-in with the main storyline or contribute to your mission. The fact that OoT had three powers to use and TP didn't, sucked. The 31245656474 billion animations on Link as you try to attack someone or something really bored me. So no, OoT will never be topped since developers like to patch stuff and get rid of cool glitches and make stuff as PC as possible.

Edited by Captain Tarrius (see edit history)

Posted

PH had horrible gameplay. It's too "interactive", you just use the stylus for all of the game and stare at the screen like a @#!& chuckling ape.

Triforce quest? What.

Why is OoT the best? Unlike TP, it has unrealistic sword movements, instant direction, none of that realistic turnaround crap. The rolling in TP is awesome, however the animation from roll to sword is too slow, I prefer having an instant slash than having to wait half a second. Speed is everything, if the game is long and fast paced with awesome combat, it does it for me. OoT will not be topped in my books because games these days are infested with interactivity and long-ass walkabouts with so many things to do at once and it doesn't really tie-in with the main storyline or contribute to your mission. The fact that OoT had three powers to use and TP didn't, sucked. The 31245656474 billion animations on Link as you try to attack someone or something really bored me. So no, OoT will never be topped since developers like to patch stuff and get rid of cool glitches and make stuff as PC as possible.

saying OoT won't be topped as developers now make constant stupid decisions is certainly a fair point.

Posted

Genuine question, was that sarcasm or was it sincere?

Posted

Hardest: WW. It was the stupid triforce thing that stopped me for 4 years!

Wow. I guess I'm like the Zeldafancs of this quest? I found it easy. Finished it easily. Found no trouble with it whatsoever.

Zeldafancs, I apologise for mocking how much you whine about people complaining about the Ocarina of Time water temple. I know how you feel now.

Posted

Are you thinking of a new topic??!?!?!?!

By the way i'm not mad in that comment :P It Look like it though :D

It's certainly the best console game. But I think it can be topped, it would be difficult though

Posted

Good for it's time =/= TEH GRATEST GAME IN TEH HOLE WRLD!

Not in my opinion anyway. I think Metal Gear Solid 4 is better. I think LittleBigPlanet is better. I think Wind Waker is better. There are plenty of games better than Ocarina of Time. You just have to look.

Posted

MM is better than OoT, and hate people who thinks the game sucks due to the 3 day time period. It's really not that hard.

Posted

MM is better than OoT, and hate people who thinks the game sucks due to the 3 day time period. It's really not that hard.

Hehehe, I took care of that time period problem by getting an emulator...

Posted

:ph34r:

Posted

Vadarth's a cheater-cheater-pumpkin-eater! >:(

Posted

Why would you ever bother to do that? The three-day cycle is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.