Can they top Oot?

69 posts in this topic

Posted

The hilarious part is that it's possible to beat the game in the first cycle. Not counting the required first cycle, of course.

If you can't do it, you just suck. Or you try to collect everything. You can still beat it in the first cycle, though. And you still suck.

Posted

The hilarious part is that it's possible to beat the game in the first cycle. Not counting the required first cycle, of course.

If you can't do it, you just suck. Or you try to collect everything. You can still beat it in the first cycle, though. And you still suck.

It's immpossible to beat the game in a one day cycle unless you beat the whole game first, but I mean you still have to get Epona to get to the Great Bay, get the Guilded Sword, and so forth.

Posted

What the puppy? Obviously you would need to beat the game more than once to know what the puppy you're doing. You don't need Epona to get to the Great Bay, you can get over the fence with DAMAGE BOOSTIN'. But, really, you lay down a Bomb as Link, turn into Goron Link, roll up, jump, unroll at just the right moment in the air, bomb explodes, you get pushed forward over the fence in the air and you get on top of it.

You don't need the Gilded Sword to beat the game, what the puppy?

Posted

Can Nintendo top Ocarina? In the eyes of a multitude of fans, they already have. Believe it or not, the quality of a game is not completely objective. Some people like to shoot things. Others like to level up. In terms of Zelda, some purists may consider A Link to the Past to be the cream of the metaphorical crop. Majora's Mask's depth (or three-day cycle, of course) could be the love of a gamer's life. I myself think the greatest Zelda game to be The Wind Waker. Twilight Princess was presented in a way that tickled the fancy of many others.

So, you see, there is a certain level of subjectiveness in quality, and that's why Ocarina of Time is not everyone's favorite Zelda game; to broaden the scope, it's why Zelda isn't everyone's favorite series. Has Nintendo topped OoT? Sure it has. For you? Not yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

Posted

Wait, I'm a zelda purist?

Hell yeah!

Posted

I myself think the greatest Zelda game to be The Wind Waker.

Finally, somebody who agrees on that. :)

Posted

Can they top Ocarina of Time? They already did. It's called Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.

Posted

That game sucks.

It revolves all around Rupees. You need to give Rupees to everyone, just to talk to them. That's not cool. If you run out of Rupees, you die, too.

The sprites and story is hilarious, though.

Posted

I prefered Majoras Mask alot over Ocarina. I can't wait for the Virtual Console release...

Posted

Hardest: WW. It was the stupid triforce thing that stopped me for 4 years!

I know! I kept on looking and looking for the last map when it was just in that steppe on the left side of the sea.

WW was my favorite, though. I loved the music. And seriously, what were your first thoughts when you encountered the Ghost Ship? I think that WW was the most fun and may have even been the most epic. A lot of moments in WW were extremely epic and tense, like when Link first tried to take on Ganondorf.Fighting the bird right before that was awesome, and seeing Ganondorf's sword pointed at Link's throat was awesome. Going back to the forsaken fortress after Valoo burnt it was a sight. The final fight with Ganondorf was BADASS!!

Also, I really loved the sailing. Really loved it. Especially when the music gets good and you see the seagulls fly next to your boat. Really awesome stuff. OoT was great, and TP was epic, but WW beats them both in those departments.

Posted

I know! I kept on looking and looking for the last map when it was just in that steppe on the left side of the sea.

WW was my favorite, though. I loved the music. And seriously, what were your first thoughts when you encountered the Ghost Ship? I think that WW was the most fun and may have even been the most epic. A lot of moments in WW were extremely epic and tense, like when Link first tried to take on Ganondorf.Fighting the bird right before that was awesome, and seeing Ganondorf's sword pointed at Link's throat was awesome. Going back to the forsaken fortress after Valoo burnt it was a sight. The final fight with Ganondorf was BADASS!!

Also, I really loved the sailing. Really loved it. Especially when the music gets good and you see the seagulls fly next to your boat. Really awesome stuff. OoT was great, and TP was epic, but WW beats them both in those departments.

AMEN! Thats not even a quater of how awesome WW is.

Posted

The only acual "awesomness" in WW was when Link killed Ganondorf by sticking the sword in his head for calling him the hero of time.

Posted

I liked Majoras Mask alot more because it feels like your actually saving the day because if you leave the controller still, the world will definetly end whereas in OoT the world will not end no matter what you do... And in MM you can alter time like what people do etc...

Posted

I liked Majoras Mask alot more because it feels like your actually saving the day because if you leave the controller still, the world will definetly end whereas in OoT the world will not end no matter what you do... And in MM you can alter time like what people do etc...

And everyone has a life instead of everyone in the same place for until you go to the temple of time.

Posted

While Ocarina is my favorite of all time, there is something about each Zelda game that makes me fall in love with it. It was the feelings of hopelessness and inevitable doom in MM that made me feel amazed, and a little depressed. It was the epicness of OOT when I first played it as a young lad, the game was HUGE for its time. I've never loved sailing more than when I played Wind Waker. It also changed my views on the scale of world maps, I now expect them to be big. Not only those things, Wind Waker was so fun and carefree it left me feeling joyful after each playthrough. Each Zelda game has something different that completely struck a chord and I became infatuated. Zelda games are my high. There's no reason to say if OOT is the best or not, because they're all so dang amazing, it doesn't matter. Go play whichever one makes YOU feel amazing, in my case it's all of them, especially OOT.