How to ask someone to be your BF or GF

47 posts in this topic

Posted

So tell me How do you ask someone to be your boy friend or your girl friend without looking like a moron? :unsure:

Posted

I don't know how you would ask a boy so I will just do the girl one

Never get your friends to ask them, It might work if they really like you but usually it doesn't, I think that the best way would be to just go up to them and ask them something like "Hey do you want to go out somewhere, or even better; If you have a dance or something like that coming up ask her to go with you there, it worked for me.

Posted

asking a girl or a boy out is just about the same thing. you can use this for any gender:

'hey do you wanna do something this weekend?'

straight to the point. no confusion. no possible 'hidden' meaning.

something can be: drinks, movies (in cinemas or at home), dinner or lunch (keep it local), party, dance (old school), anything really.

but do's and donts:

dont ask her on friday or saturday or she may already have plans for that weekend.

dont get your friends to ask for you.

dont say 'weekend' say a specific day (ie saturday or sunday - whatever fits best for you)

- if she says no and doesnt offer a reason why she probably isnt interested.

- if she says no she cant on that day because blah blah blah, offer the other day

- if she says she cant on either day and she offers you two different excuses, ask about next the weekend

do say it straight to her face, not over the phone / text msging / msn / email / letter. This will give you an immediate response - not her replying to you when she feels like it - or not at all.

and it must be said:

do be prepared incase she says no. dont get angry just say ok no worries cya later.

there are more dos and donts but these are the major ones.

Posted

I like this, asking angsty teenagers how they ask someone out without looking like a moron.

I prefer to wait until they ask me out. It only happened once and then I stood her up. Mainly because I wasn't interested and I like making girls sad, that is. If she even went. So yeah, it only happened once.

Posted (edited)

I always start with a good pick-up line: Hey, Foxy Mama. You smell kinda pretty, wanna smell me? Hoo-hah! < That is when you flex your pecks (right left)

I learn from the pro.

I really like how my first incursion into Serious Discussions wasn't serious at all.

Edited by Sheogorath (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

You're not really a good madgod unless your location is in The Shivering Isles.

Jyggalag.

Edited by Captain Tarrius (see edit history)

Posted

Go to their room with a bunch of tulips and ask them out.

That still got me rejected, but that's besides the point. Or is it?

Posted

Go to their room with a bunch of tulips and ask them out.

"Umm... How do you know where I live?"

Sahaqiel

Posted

Because everyone has their names by their room doors in college, duh!

Posted

The best way to avoid looking like a moron is to have what you are going to say planned out and to be prepared for all possible responses. But most importantly, don't think about looking like a moron. Just be yourself.

It still hurts if you get rejected, but you can always try again later.

Posted

Or you could not plan what you are going to say beforehand that way what you actually do/say is more genuine. That's how you truly be yourself.

Posted

besides, if you plan too many words, you'll fluff it up.

Posted

A good mix of the two then haha. Think about what you will say, but don't think too hard about it.

Posted (edited)

A good mix of the two then haha. Think about what you will say, but don't think too hard about it.

Or you could not do that. Honestly, it's the wiser choice. All you need to know is that you want to ask her out. When you do it, just say or do whatever it is you want. You need to be yourself completely. By thinking it over you're just going to create a false situation and things might not work out (in the short term or long term).

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

It's always worked for me. It doesn't make me false to think it over, I think it over so I don't stutter or stumble over words.