How to ask someone to be your BF or GF

47 posts in this topic

Posted

I like this, asking angsty teenagers how they ask someone out without looking like a moron.

I prefer to wait until they ask me out. It only happened once and then I stood her up. Mainly because I wasn't interested and I like making girls sad, that is. If she even went. So yeah, it only happened once.

ZuZu is far from an angsty teenager

Posted

Leaping to conclusions, aren't we? Why would I refer to ZuZu when I know he isn't a teenager? I'm sure he doesn't need you to defend him.

Posted

He still is in his teens, he wasn't online at the time, and he was the only one who had posted before you other than the initial post. Now shut up and get back on topic.

Posted (edited)

For the love of Christ, don't try to start a fight to impress her.

Just throwing that in there.

Edited by HylianForrunner (see edit history)

Posted

21 isn't teens.

Posted

holy poo! he isn't. weird. you win =D

but we really should get back on topic. PM me if you, for some strange reason, still have a bone to pick with me.

I'm not even gonna try. I always wait for them to ask me out or ask them over the internet if I'm listening to rave or pink floyd.

Posted

Call her and tell her that you have her parents, and that you have set up their murder to look exactly like it was she who killed them. Order her to go out with you if she doesn't want to end up on death row or with a life sentence in prison.

He,he... works every time...

Posted

Or, you could hold up a knife to her and tell her to strip and let you puppy her or you'll kill her. if she says no, puppying do it.

Posted

I usually just ask: "Hey do you want to hang out sometime?" Its worked once so far, though the person didn't specify when.

Posted

I usually just ask: "Hey do you want to hang out sometime?" Its worked once so far, though the person didn't specify when.

You're a goddamn aspie, no girl would want to hang out with you. Sh

Posted

If she is a part of your "group" of friends, then ask her out to a casual date sometime, something simple, lunch and a walk around the park or something. Make it something that can easily be cut down if things get akward for some reason, if you take her to a movie and ten minutes in you try to put your arm around her, and she doesn't let you, it can make for an akward hour and a half.

After you've done that, just make it a point to always make plans with her, and when you are comfortable, if you feel you must, you can formally ask them out, I always suggest in person, somewhere that is more personal, the school hallway is a shitty place to do this.

I never actually asked my Fiance to be my GF, we just started dating and it just grew from there. You'll find that a lot of the more serious relationships don't have a formal "asked out" moment, my Fiance and I count our anniversary on what we consider our first real "formal" date. Which happened to be a july 4th concert.

Just be calm and collected, and don't overthink it. And disregard anything Cpt.Tarrius says.

Posted (edited)

It does help that you know the person for i dont know say two years or so.

That would help don't you think?

Edited by Flame sage (see edit history)

Posted

It would help, but isn't a requirement. My Fiance and I knew who each other were, but not anything really beyond that. I was a supervisor on the pool deck that she trained at. Nothing more, one of 9 that were there at the time, we just started hanging out after I started working the shift that she dove on, and would tlk on my breaks, then started dating.

Posted

now see that answers the boys questions but how does a girl ask out a

boy especially if there painfully shy cause thats my question and girls r an entirely different species

Posted

Honestly, it's pretty much the same thing. The only difference is that girls may actually have it easier. THe only thing anyone really has to do to ask someone else out, is to have the confidence, all other rules apply. Be respectful, be honest, be confident, do it in person, be prepared for rejection.

But as I said earlier, girls may have it easier. In the words of Steve Hofstetter "A female friend asked me once 'what pick-up lines work on guys' I said 'Hello', that's what does it for me....."

A lt of time, th fact that a girl is confident enough in herself to walk up to a guy and boldly start up a conversation and ask him on a date is enough to make a guy want her. You just have to know what the guy likes first, it's easier for a girl if you alreeady know the guy a little bit. that's it for now i think.