Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which water-themed dungeon was the hardest?

46 posts in this topic

Posted

It's always been some sort of Zelda tradition that the water dungeon is always one of, if not the hardest in a given game. But which of the water dungeons was the hardest in the entire series?

Posted

Water Temple in Ocarina Of Time, definitly, took FOREVER to find my way through that, and if you dont do it right you have to reset your game

Posted

OoT. I'm stuck on it now. :cry:
Though I have to say, I haven't really been trying hard to help myself. I did go back and check EVERY room I could to no avail. So I'll have to check a guide at some point.

Is it possible to get stuck beyond repair? :huh:

Posted

QUOTE (bootson @ Feb 8 2009, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you dont do it right you have to reset your game
That's absolutely untrue, and I'd like to take this opportunity to make it super-clear to all; you cannot screw up the Water Temple by getting or using keys out of order.

QUOTE (Chameleon @ Feb 8 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible to get stuck beyond repair? :huh:
See above.

As for me, I voted Jabu-Jabu, OoA.

Posted

I chose OoT. I now my way around it by now, but i was stuck in it forever first time i played it.

Posted

Water temple from Oot.out of all 7 runthroughs for that game,I always needed a guide to pass that temple

Posted

I choose Lakebed Temple. I couldn't do it, and my friend had to help me. Then the Water Temple was the 2nd hardest because I keept screwing up, and I had to restart. :( Still though I found TP to be one of the hardest Zelda games to beat. WW being number 1 with it's almight triforce quest that took me nearly 4 years to compleate it.

At that I wonder why WW didn't have a water temple place. It had nothing, but water.

Posted

Where's Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly on this? >:(

Anyway, I would say...

Edit: Ocarina of Time

Also, i meant Ocarina of Time Lord Jabu-Jabu.

Posted

What are you talking about YLA? WW and TP were some of the easiest, most linear games that have been made.

Posted

QUOTE (Young Link Addict @ Feb 8 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I choose Lakebed Temple. I couldn't do it, and my friend had to help me. Then the Water Temple was the 2nd hardest because I keept screwing up, and I had to restart. :( Still though I found TP to be one of the hardest Zelda games to beat. WW being number 1 with it's almight triforce quest that took me nearly 4 years to compleate it.

At that I wonder why WW didn't have a water temple place. It had nothing, but water.

Tower of Gods had some water...
But, wow. 4 years looking for the Triforce shards. That beats my 3 years.

Posted

QUOTE (Chameleon @ Feb 8 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you talking about YLA? WW and TP were some of the easiest, most linear games that have been made.

TP was one of the hardest. I had to have help on all the temples. You can ask CG, Chef, and I can't remember who else helped me, but more people did.

WW is a nearly impossible game to beat because ruppes, unlike other games, have acual value to helping you beat the game. The triforce thing is the part that made me hate the game even more.

@Matthordika: Yeah, but according to the poll it's not really counted as a water temple.

Posted

The water temple is completely beatable. Listen closely. There's a key under the block in the room in the middle of the temple. Raise the water level, put on the iron boots, and get the dang key and stop saying you had to restart. People have the hardest time finding that key for some reason, you just have to look hard!

I said the Great Bay temple in Majora's Mask.

Posted

QUOTE (Young Link Addict @ Feb 8 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WW being number 1 with it's almight triforce quest that took me nearly 4 years to compleate it.

Wow. You must be really stupid then.

QUOTE (Chameleon @ Feb 8 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See? This is why you're great. You're smart. Wind Waker was easy and so was Twilight Princess. Ocarina of Time was pretty difficult in places and so was Majoras Mask. But in the almighty struggle to make games more user friendly and easy for new gamers, they've become painfully easy.

QUOTE (Matthordika @ Feb 8 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tower of Gods had some water...

Yes. It did have water. Congratulations to you for noticing it. Too bad there was hardly any water for the majority of the Tower.

QUOTE (zeldafancs @ Feb 8 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The water temple is completely beatable. Listen closely. There's a key under the block in the room in the middle of the temple. Raise the water level, put on the iron boots, and get the dang key and stop saying you had to restart. People have the hardest time finding that key for some reason, you just have to look hard!

Wow. Thanks. You saved me loads of time on that one. I never would have seen these things if it wasn't for you. Thank you for showing me the way.

Posted

That fucking Mermaid's Cave was a rooster to beat. Two dungeons and all the new and the old and the whirlpools. Gosh damnit.

Posted

Lol.

I know I'm ranting but it ticks me off when people complain about the water temple like it's some god dungeon that can't be beaten. The only time I had trouble with it was the first time I played the game and it was that key that I couldn't find. Finally found it after about an hour of searching, but after that the temple is linear. Not hard. Maybe a little time consuming, but not hard.