Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which water-themed dungeon was the hardest?

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol I understand. Kinda like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I get so dang far into that game, stop playing for a while, pick it up again with no clue what's going on, restart and repeat.

Posted

lol you guys need to stop insulting eachother, and maybe you didnt have to restart your game in the Water Temple in OoT, maybe my friend is just a retard, cause i never had to lol

Posted

I haven't played them all; I found the Great Bay temple to be fun, until I died multiple times trying to beat the final boss. And I never progressed any further with Majora's Mask...I know, shame on me. I'll finish it someday.

And, of course, the temple in Twilight Princess was epically un-challenging. Fun boss fight, though.

Posted

QUOTE (Nabeshin @ Feb 7 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's absolutely untrue, and I'd like to take this opportunity to make it super-clear to all; you cannot screw up the Water Temple by getting or using keys out of order.

See above.

As for me, I voted Jabu-Jabu, OoA.

actually if you use them in a certain order and then save and quit you can ruin your save, it's been admitted by several people from nintendo. and there are videos on youtube showing where to save.

Posted

I was very tempted to say the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask, but honestly what made that temple seem harder was the timed aspect, and trying to get all the faeries in said time. If you take those two things out and just look at the temple as a whole compared to Ocarina of Time's Water Temple, it seems a bit easier. Jabu Jabu's Belly from Oracle of Ages and the Twilight Princess Water Temple are close too. XP Meh, it's tough to choose. They all suck.

Posted

You can't take time out of the equation, it's part of the game and the overall experience. It'd be like taking epona out of ocarina of time. Not entirely essential, but it would ruin the experience without her. Both games would suck without their respective elements.

Posted

QUOTE (eponarider1 @ Feb 8 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually if you use them in a certain order and then save and quit you can ruin your save, it's been admitted by several people from nintendo. and there are videos on youtube showing where to save.

That's why you don't save and quit in the middle of a dungeon. Who the puppy gets that bored during this amazing game? Or any game? Who quits during the middle of a dungeon?

Posted

QUOTE (zeldafancs @ Feb 9 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't take time out of the equation, it's part of the game and the overall experience. It'd be like taking epona out of ocarina of time. Not entirely essential, but it would ruin the experience without her. Both games would suck without their respective elements.

That's a bad analogy. Time was the game's entire shtick. Epona is just a way to get around faster.

Posted

good point. Okay, it'd be like taking adult Link out of the equation.

Eh close enough, you get what I'm trying to say.

Posted

The hardest? That is ofc the OoT Water Temple :unsure:
I was around the age of 10 when i got OoT and after a while i got to the Water temple, I used a heck of a long time on it, but I eventually made it (the confusion with the keys took forever :wacko: ). And i swear, I did not use anny guides!... I didn't know about them :embarrassed:
The second hardest must be the MM one, if you count the eggs that you need before you can enter the temple...

Posted

QUOTE (zeldafancs @ Feb 9 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good point. Okay, it'd be like taking adult Link out of the equation.

Eh close enough, you get what I'm trying to say.

Yes. I agree with what you were saying

Posted

OoT water temple got me every time... Jabu-Jabu's Belly in OoA comes in 2nd for me - sure has been a long time since i have played the oracle games so i could be mistakin

Posted

Jabu-Jabu's Belly was from Ocarina of Time not Oracle of Ages

Posted

Lake Bed From Twilight Princess was by far the hardest I've gone through, and I and I've gane through all of them.

Posted

Water Temple OOT no excuse :P