Forming a more perfect timeline theory

223 posts in this topic

Posted

Go to the top-right corner of this thread and click "Options". Then, click "Switch to: Standard".

Posted

One: Way off topic.

Two: Peddle your MMO gold someplace else. We're trying to have a conversation here.

Anyway, to get back to the topic about Hyrule Castle being destroyed at the end of Twilight Princess...

I think it was destroyed. I just beat the game again last night and you see an explosion in the background while Link and Zelda are standing out in the field... you never see the smoke clear and it doesn't look like the castle is still standing from what you can kinda make out of the smoke in the background. So I think it's safe to say that in this Zelda game, the Castle's been demolished.

Posted (edited)

I think it's a bot. Notice the WoW links that have nothing to do with the main idea of the post. It's posting subliminal messages. They arn't subtle, but they are subliminal nonetheless. Not to mention all 5 of it's posts are at 02:22 AM.

On Topic: The credits show the castle throne room. I believe that was on one of the top floors. If it survived, then the rest could have easily been rebuilt.

Though, the credits aren't the most valid source to use for an arguement. Like in OoT when they show the kokiri out by the bonfire, even though they can't leave the forest.

Edited by swordplaymaster12 (see edit history)

Posted

I think it's a bot. Notice the WoW links that have nothing to do with the main idea of the post. It's posting subliminal messages. They arn't subtle, but they are subliminal nonetheless. Not to mention all 5 of it's posts are at 02:22 AM.

On Topic: The credits show the castle throne room. I believe that was on one of the top floors. If it survived, then the rest could have easily been rebuilt.

Though, the credits aren't the most valid source to use for an arguement. Like in OoT when they show the kokiri out by the bonfire, even though they can't leave the forest.

Oh yeah, you're right... you do see that statue of what appears to be the 3 Goddesses around a Triforce during the credits... which would mean the Castle's probably still intact.

Posted

Unless the shot of the throne room was done later some time after it was built... You can't completely trust what the credits have sometimes, I suppose. I mean, from the distance in Eldin field you could see a large portion of the castle, although the smoke does cover most of the bottom...

Posted

Unless the shot of the throne room was done later some time after it was built... You can't completely trust what the credits have sometimes, I suppose. I mean, from the distance in Eldin field you could see a large portion of the castle, although the smoke does cover most of the bottom...

Yeah I'm with you on the whole "misleading credits" part. I'm thinking along the lines of Wind Waker, where Makar and Medli are supposed to be praying at the temples they're assigned to, but yet you see them on Link/Tetra's ship at the end, ready to go looking for a new world for ex-Hylians to inhabit? What's up with that? They just decide to turn their backs on the Goddesses and their destinies or something? :huh:

Posted

I believe that:

Obviously, WW happened after OoT, it was flooded. WW Link travels under, which was surrounded by water and 2 passages. Link gets the Master Sword, and revives it. He breaks through the magic wall, probably allowing water to get everywhere. Link kills Ganondorf. He then LEAVES the sword there. After, the King of Hyrule floods Hyrule. Possibly, 100's of years later AFTER PH, the world becomes unflooded, revealing what happened and changed to Hyrule, leading to Twilight Princess.

Posted

I believe that:

Obviously, WW happened after OoT, it was flooded. WW Link travels under, which was surrounded by water and 2 passages. Link gets the Master Sword, and revives it. He breaks through the magic wall, probably allowing water to get everywhere. Link kills Ganondorf. He then LEAVES the sword there. After, the King of Hyrule floods Hyrule. Possibly, 100's of years later AFTER PH, the world becomes unflooded, revealing what happened and changed to Hyrule, leading to Twilight Princess.

Following the release of TP, the developers specified that TP was a sequel to OoT and was parallel to WW, in that OoT has two endings: the ending where Link is sent back in time by Zelda, and the ending where child Link travels to Termina. WW follows the Adult Timeline, where Link was sent back in time, because a hero failed to appear. TP follows the Child Timeline, where The Hero of Time's lineage is existent and revived in TP's Link. Therefore the timeline:

___WW/PH

OoT

¯¯¯MM-TP

Is a confirmed fact.

Posted

Here's what I think...

FOR REFERENCE

B.G. - Before Goddess

A.T. - After Triforce

TIME LINE

0 B.G. - The Goddesses descend on the land giving it life, shape, and order. They stay to ensure peace and perfect their creation and then leave giving the Triforce to the Royal Family of what would become Hyrule.

50 A.T. - The demon Ganon steals the Triforce of Power and captures the Princess Zelda (the first) who shattered the Triforce of Wisdom scattering it across the land. Seeking aid the princess' nurse, Impa, seeks out a hero that will brave the legions of monsters to save the princess. Link takes up the call and frees the princess after reassembling the Triforce of Wisdom. Using the Triforce of Power, Ganon sends his minions to seek out the boy and revive him.

52 A.T. - The monsters that once served Ganon put a spell on the princess to draw out Link so they can sacrifice him and bring Ganon back. Impa informs Link that the Royal Family had hidden the Triforce of Courage in various temples around the land. Using the shards that Impa gave him, Link enters the last temple and retrieves the Triforce of Courage and awakens Zelda. Together they seal the Triforce away in a parallel dimension dubbed the "Sacred Realm" so that no one could gain the power of the goddesses.

100 A.T. - The whispers of the Sacred Realm start to surface as foolhardy warlocks attempt to overthrow the Royal Family and gain ultimate power. Using the promise of a Golden Land where the relic of the gods lay hidden fueled the Hylian Civil War that threatened to tear the world apart. In a divine intervention, the Goddesses gave birth to the four beasts of light: Ordona, Faron, Eldin and Lanayru. The warlocks were sealed within their promised Golden Realm where they became the very image of the powers that they had once held. No one heard from them ever again, and the land of Hyrule once again came to order.

200 A.T. - The land of Hyrule begins to teem with dark energy as a rogue wizard Agahnim seals the descendants of those that aided in sealing the warlocks and the Sacred Realm away. The world becomes filled with all manner of monsters and the guards of Hyrule fall under evil influence. Link, a descendant of the hero with the same name, is drawn to the Hyrule Castle one stormy night where he is thrown into a quest to keep Hyrule from reverting to the days when the evil one roamed the world of light. Link travels through the Light and Dark Worlds to combat the evil Ganon who had been revived in some unknown event. Ganon was sealed into the Dark World and for a time Hyrule was again peaceful.

500 A.T. - The legends of the past fade to dust as 300 years passed in complete bliss for Hyrule. Unfortunately that was to end as the desert gave birth to a man of evil desire. This man who was bent on taking Hyrule for himself, and crushing all those who would dare stand against him. In the forest a small boy awakened to his new fairy guardian, a boy who never fit in with the rest of his village, the boy we all now a Link. Link battled through countless dungeons like those before him, but he was unable to stop the dark man. Using the three sacred stones given to the races that lived in the various regions of Hyrule he drew the sacred blade called the Master Sword. Through the Dark World he was suspended in time for 7 years until he was old enough to end the evil man's reign. The boy once again brought peace to the Dark World as he did in the Light World, righting wrongs where ever he went until finally he reached Ganon's Castle. Battling the horrors of the grotesque citadel he fought the evil man and saved the princess Zelda. However after escaping the crumbling castle the man's body rose and transformed into Ganon, the legendary beast that threatened the world once again. After Ganon fell, Zelda and the other sages sealed the Triforce and Ganon away once more as Link returned the Master Sword to the Temple of Time.

505 A.T. - After five years darkness resurfaces in the neighboring lands of Holodrium and Labrynna. Sent to each land Link battles the General of Darkness and the Sorcerer of Darkness to save the land and time stream from utter chaos. However unbeknown to Link and Zelda, the two were only bait. Twinrova appear at the top of the Black Tower where Link takes the last strike at Veran, informing the world that the dark Lord Ganon has been revived. In their final sacrifice, Twinrova disappear and in their place the huge monster appears crushing the Tower under his furious blows. The body had been revived but the mind was still sealed away. Using the advantage Link once again struck down Ganon and saved the world from an era of brutal destruction.

506 A.T. - Link, having left Hyrule to find his lost companion Navi, searches wearily through the Faron Woods. Suddenly two fairies appear out of the darkness spooking Link's horse. The skull kid emerges from the mist and steals the Ocarina of Time from Link's unconscious body and steals Epona. Giving chase Link is sent through a hole in a mysterious part of the woods where he is found in the land of Termina. Retrieving the Ocarina, Link learns that the mask the skull kid wears is an evil and demented relic. Going on a new quest to retrieve it Link frees the Giants and combats the skull kid. The mask floats off the skull kid's head and flies into the moon making it fall faster. Chasing it into the moon Link defeats it by dawning the Fierce Deity's mask. Slight evidence shows he stayed in Termina and married Romani, evidence that also suggests he met his end in Termina.

535 A.T. - My implications are that Link's son turned out to be the Link in Twilight Princess because he is a rancher and the Shade might be Link (as mentioned in the latter) since he says something and them my son (its been awhile since I beat the game). Anyway, Link is sent to Hyrule at a young age when his father meets his end. Wandering the forest for days on end he finds the village of Ordon where the villagers take him in. Blah blah blah, everything about Twilight Princess (I'm getting tired of this writing).

5,535 A.T. - Legend of Zelda: Infinite Memories (My fan game look it up in the forum.)

around 6,535 A.T - Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass

SPIRIT TRACKS is TBA where it fits in. It most likely is a few hundred years after Phantom Hourglass I think because of what I've seen in the trailers.

Posted

Your fan game isn't canon, sorry.

Also, since you don't seem to believe in a split-timeline, it's very hard for me to agree with any of your placements. Generally, they're correct, but how do you explain away Wind Waker's opening? Ocarina of Time has two endings, a child timeline and an adult timeline. Adult Link ceases to exist at the end of OoT, yet the world he left behind lived on. This is explained at the beginning of WW, the people expected Link to return when Ganondorf broke out of the Sacred Realm, but Link did not appear because he no longer existed. Instead, a new hero with a new bloodline was born (WW Link). This is also why the new Link had to regain the triforce of courage all over again. You cannot say that the old Link's bloodline simply stopped existing, because Hyrule was flooded relatively shortly after OoT. Why else would the people expect the hero to return? If Hyrule had flooded any later than OoT Link's lifetime, then the people would obviously not expect him to come save them, since his life would be over. You also cannot say that Twilight Princess takes place between OoT and WW, because the Link from TP is from the same bloodline as the Link from OoT, as he has the triforce of courage. If the world were to flood shortly after OoT, and TP takes place roughly 35-100 years after OoT, then there is no way for TP to take place between the two games. Therefore, either a split-timeline exists, or there is no timeline. Or, Twilight Princess isn't canon, but there is nothing saying it shouldn't be considered canon.

Posted

Well said.

Also, Matt, I believe it was officially confirmed to be some hundred years after PH.

Posted

Your fan game isn't canon, sorry.

Also, since you don't seem to believe in a split-time line, it's very hard for me to agree with any of your placements. Generally, they're correct, but how do you explain away Wind Waker's opening? Ocarina of Time has two endings, a child time line and an adult time line. Adult Link ceases to exist at the end of OoT, yet the world he left behind lived on. This is explained at the beginning of WW, the people expected Link to return when Ganondorf broke out of the Sacred Realm, but Link did not appear because he no longer existed. Instead, a new hero with a new bloodline was born (WW Link). This is also why the new Link had to regain the triforce of courage all over again. You cannot say that the old Link's bloodline simply stopped existing, because Hyrule was flooded relatively shortly after OoT. Why else would the people expect the hero to return? If Hyrule had flooded any later than OoT Link's lifetime, then the people would obviously not expect him to come save them, since his life would be over. You also cannot say that Twilight Princess takes place between OoT and WW, because the Link from TP is from the same bloodline as the Link from OoT, as he has the Triforce of courage. If the world were to flood shortly after OoT, and TP takes place roughly 35-100 years after OoT, then there is no way for TP to take place between the two games. Therefore, either a split-time line exists, or there is no time line. Or, Twilight Princess isn't canon, but there is nothing saying it shouldn't be considered canon.

I anticipated all negativity! Remember that is my opinion of a logical order. I also don't like the idea of a split time line, alternate realities and what not. After all there CANNOT be an Adult Time line since Link was suspended in the Sacred Realm in OoT, the land was not Hyrule but the Dark World. Also about my fangame, I've got it planned out to go along with the beginning of Wind Waker.

Posted

Tell me where you get the impression it's the dark world? You have no confirmation of this, and this is your belief and yours alone. The creators already confirmed a split timeline, and WW's intro confirms that to be true. Did you not read what I wrote? There can be an adult timeline, Link just doesn't exist in it. That's why a new Link needed to be created.