Forming a more perfect timeline theory

223 posts in this topic

Posted

Link in TP is probably the Hero of Time's desendant. Since there is no mention of him what so ever except for the Hero's Shade and his blood running through his veins etc, probably would not fit in. Yeah I guess you already know that. But, didn't the Sages banish Ganondorf to the Sacred Realm after the battle with Ganon in OoT? How is he executed again?

Isn't Link's Awakening right after Link to the Past?

Posted

Water is powerful, more powerful than steel. When you have a torrent let loose by the gods, the geography is going to be inalterably changed very, very quickly. It won't take thousands or hundreds of years to change the land in such conditions.

Posted

Water is powerful, more powerful than steel. When you have a torrent let loose by the gods, the geography is going to be inalterably changed very, very quickly. It won't take thousands or hundreds of years to change the land in such conditions.

I completely agree with that, except that no one on the islands ever mention hyrule. A long time would have to take place before people stopped mentioning it, probably around 100 years.

Posted

TP seems to come after OoT, because one, Hyrule is very similar, and two, you get the bow that was used by the "Hero" or something like that, presumably the Hero of Time. I'm pretty sure that there was something else that implied that it was OoT Link's bow, but I can't quite remember...

There are Links with bows in many zelda games though so I wouldnt say that was concrete.

on the LTTP (Snes) box, its stated that LTTP precedes the NES (The Legend of Zelda & The Adventure of Link) but in '98 Shigeru Miyamoto contradicted it by saying: "Ocarina of Time is the first story, then the original The Legend of Zelda, then Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and finally A Link to the Past."

One thing I find strange though is the sages & their ability to use telepathy -

For anyone who has played Lttp you will know that telepathy is used in the opening scene when Zelda contacts link asking for help. Later in the game you meet Sahasrahla, a descendent of the sages who helped build the Master Sword, and he also has the ability of telepathy as he provides you with hints in dungeons. The seven maidens within the game also use telepathy as they talk to you just before you enter the final dungeon in the dark world. So basically, there is a whole lot of telepathy in Lttp.

But outside of Lttp, the only sage I can think of of the top of my head that uses telepathy would be Saria from OoT (as she could talk you via the ocarina) as well as perhaps Zelda but I dont remember too clearly. I was going to suggest that perhaps as the descendants got further and further from their sage heritage, their powers diminished, but this is wrong as OoT came before Lttp.

Sorry this rant may be a bit of topic as it is not really essential to the time-line, I just thought it was a valid point.

Posted

No, you're fine. That's pretty cool actually. :)

Posted

Very valid point Zuzu. Something I thought to question was the actual name of the game. "A Link to the Past" What past is this referring to? Oot? The past sages?

Wait just a dang second. Alttp is the only game where the triforce talks. He, or she, calls himself the "essence" of the triforce. And after Link makes the wish...it says this:

"AND THE MASTER SWORD

SLEEPS AGAIN...

FOREVER!"

If this is true, then it has to take place after wind waker.

Posted

Wow. That just flew over my head. XD What's this about a talking triforce? wait! no! I don't want to know! :wacko:

Posted

Here Arcanelord, I'll give you a link ^_^

Posted

No!! I don't like spoilers. :(

Posted

LOL. Go play the freakin game!!!

Posted

I'm poor... -__-

Back on topic.

Umm... Can't think of anything.

Posted

If you would watch the video...all would be revealed... :unsure:

Posted

No, you're fine. That's pretty cool actually. :)

Okay i've got alot to say....

Connections based of Miyamoto quotes and just my own thoughts.

In an interview Miyamoto was asked and he said. Ocarina of time. then LOZ. then adventures of link then link's awakening.

Twilight Princess happens a hundred years in the future of kid link who went back in Ocarina of time

Windwaker happens a hundred years in the future of adult link who defeated ganon. Since he went back in time nobody was left to fend off Ganon when he returned.

Which means the sages from Twilight Princess are not the same sages from Ocarina of Time. Because when link went back. His influence changed time and caused ganon to be eventually caught and sealed away before he could do too much. The cut scene u see in Twilight Princess is that moment. These are still based off interviews with Aunoma and Miyamoto.

So that means the other sages in Ocarina of time replaced the ones that Ganon killed. In one dimension. Ganon kills all the sages but Rauru. then adult link frees the temples from darkness and new sages are appointed. In the alternate dimension. Link goes back. Ganon is sent away and Only Rauru ends up being destroyed. the others survive and u see them in Twilight Princess.

So far. this is still quotes. Now im confused. because Still quotes.... Adventures of link happens after LOZ which happens much later. And in Adventures of Link the towns are supposedly named AFTER the sages. even tho real life the sages are named after the towns. but in story it is the other way around. And in A link to the Past there is a reference to the war or the sealing of the sages. so...... Which dimension is this in?

are the other zelda games the future of wind waker or twilight princess. because twilight princess and windwaker both happen one hundred years exactly from ocarina of time. exact same time just different dimensions.

In Wind Waker the world is flooded. So the other games cant be the future of Wind Waker's Dimension.

But how can they be Twilight Princess's future?

If in Adventures of Link the towns are named after the sages of Ocarina. itd have to be the future of wind waker. the future that link left behind. Which is the only future where those sages existed as actual sages. But it cant be cuz wind waker is flooded. Same for A Link to the Past. The reference to the sage war is odd because if it is the future to Twilight Princess then there was no sage war. Ganon was sealed away before there could ever be one... And as i've said a bunch already. Wind Waker is a dimension where the world is flooded.

So whats the deal? how does this work? If anyone understands what i said at all and u have an explanation please tell me. I know it sounds confusing but those of you who are in love with figuring out the storyline should be able to keep up.

Is it possible that there will be a zelda game based on the actual war involving the sages that happens in Twilight Princess's time line.

Posted

Ok. I'm too tired to figure out and ponder all that. (I'm not a morning person...) I'll post later.

One thing though, you said that Ganondorf kills Rauru in TP, but you said that the TP sages were different from the OoT sages. Also, Ganondorf killed the Water sage, not the Light sage.

Posted

Also, making timeline theories is more annoying that conspiracy theorists.