You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I deleted the few sentences that I wrote. 

There's a difference between chaos (the CVS burning) and malice (the church burning). News and the media are businesses. You are free to report on these things all you like with your own news company. 

One thing that I hate: When Americans confuse a business' offerings and services with "human rights". 

I guess that's how rights form. Everyone just complains hard enough so that the things they desire become the status quo 

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

That's literally how any law is formed in this land. And even then, you usually need the money to back up your desires.

Posted

For some reason, I really hate the sound of pouring water/something being filled with water. This is mostly in music and in anime and stuff. It sounds too crisp and I really don't know why else it bothers me so much. 

This doesn't apply to real life. Only recordings. 

Posted

My dad lost my ID 2 weeks ago. Spent the first week looking for it and swearing it was somewhere. Now we've made the assumption that its not going to be found and spent the last week saying, "Yup we'll go to the DMV today" and then not going. Almost every day. In the mean time, I remember just how much in life require you to provide an ID. All things I have not been able to do. Shit sucks. Who knows when I'll actually go to the DMV. In the past its taken an entire month to get something this simple done.

Posted

My last trip to the DMV only took about 20 mins total. I've never experienced horrible waiting there, which DMVs are known for. Mine even has seats, like you take a number and sit down. Very nice. Good luck motivatng yourself though. I start school monday and am just now gonna check out my class locations on campus today. 

Posted

Commonplace transphobia 101: My trans flatmate recently started a nursing course, and they had this little meet and greet thing where people say something about themselves. One of the girls in the class said "I used to be a man! Just kidding!" and everybody laughed, including the lecturer. And my flatmate's just sitting there stunned. Like, everybody laughing at the funny joke. That's got to be a pretty harsh alienating thing to deal with. Christ.

Posted

My last trip to the DMV only took about 20 mins total. I've never experienced horrible waiting there, which DMVs are known for. Mine even has seats, like you take a number and sit down. Very nice. Good luck motivatng yourself though. I start school monday and am just now gonna check out my class locations on campus today. 

DMV Waiting lines definitely depends on what city. I've had to wait for 1-2 hours at the DMV here, though that's not always the case.

Posted

Its not waiting at the DMV, its getting to the DMV. I think I'm gonna have to have a friend give me a ride, the people in this house are very unreliable.

Posted

I got a set of 5 passport photos for my student ID today, but I dropped them on the way to my induction so I had to take a shitty camera phone picture and email it to them instead. Now I have a crappy ID photo and my expensive well-lit photos were probably picked up by some faggot artist who's going to use them in a collage about lost items, and use my image to push their own half-baked, cliched concept. God damn artists.

SilverAlchemic and Knuckle like this

Posted

Either that or a doppleganger will find them and use them to shapeshift into you. I'd hate to see that happen :sadlink:

Teto likes this

Posted

I've missed school two days in a row, yesterday because it was my sister's 18th birthday and she stayed home, and my mom just decided that I wasn't going either. Today I just couldn't wake up, because I didn't fall asleep until 5 AM.

I hate missing school.

Posted

So last night my boss offered me a promotion at my busboy job from server to team captain. Its something like $15 an hour as opposed to my current $10, and I'd be in a leadership role making sure the room was set up properly for guests, and things in general getting done on time. It was a great opportunity, and a big boost to my ego since I've been there all of six months, but I had to turn him down. If all goes well, I'll be picking up a job in my field, or at least an internship, this march while I'm at GDC. And if that works out, I'd obviously have to leave my position as a team captain, and it doesn't really work out for them to only have me for a few months before they need to train someone else again.

Or at least, that's what I tell myself. Every professional I spoke with told me the art industry was difficult to break into, and I can expect years of waiting until someone decides to take a chance on me. It's especially frustrating because I know I can be good at whatever job I'm given the opportunity to be good at. When I was telemarketing I started out awful, but I worked at getting better at it. I showed up to every shift I could, read a book on salesmanship, and listened to all of the advice my managers gave me. By the time I had to leave because of graduation, the school's lead fundraiser called me "an impressive young man" and said I should switch to a business major in salesmanship. I even impressed people who were professional telemarketers themselves over the phone who recommended I go work for some of the more respectable firms in chicago.

Over the summer, T1g and I were both given jobs at my dad's office, in which we both worked two days a week in the same position (sharing the hours and the money). After two months of that, they just fired t1g and gave me his hours(GET REKT T1G). I had to leave that position a few days ago too because I needed to have time to build my portfolio, work on submissions to annual illustration publications, and just try to find a job in general. That's something I haven't had time to do in a while because I've been so busy between my two jobs. But they liked me too, and were ready to train me to take over for the intern that was there if I was willing.

I know I can do well at any job I'm offered. But by the nature of the game design industry, jobs are almost always given to people who are friends of the developers who are already on the team. Game design is entirely team based, and nobody wants to take a risk on a greenhorn who might be a bad artist or a lone wolf if they don't have to. So I get why, I'm just frustrated with waiting. I keep seeing at all of these other opportunities for success and turning them down because this is what I want to do, but then I know I'm going to show up at GDC and be told "you're not what we're looking for," or "Sorry, not right now" or "We really liked your stuff, but we ended up going with someone else." And so on. I don't know where I'm going with this rant so I'm gonna stop now.

SilverAlchemic and LLmao ?✊? like this

Posted

So last night my boss offered me a promotion at my busboy job from server to team captain. Its something like $15 an hour as opposed to my current $10, and I'd be in a leadership role making sure the room was set up properly for guests, and things in general getting done on time. It was a great opportunity, and a big boost to my ego since I've been there all of six months, but I had to turn him down. If all goes well, I'll be picking up a job in my field, or at least an internship, this march while I'm at GDC. And if that works out, I'd obviously have to leave my position as a team captain, and it doesn't really work out for them to only have me for a few months before they need to train someone else again.

Or at least, that's what I tell myself. Every professional I spoke with told me the art industry was difficult to break into, and I can expect years of waiting until someone decides to take a chance on me. It's especially frustrating because I know I can be good at whatever job I'm given the opportunity to be good at. When I was telemarketing I started out awful, but I worked at getting better at it. I showed up to every shift I could, read a book on salesmanship, and listened to all of the advice my managers gave me. By the time I had to leave because of graduation, the school's lead fundraiser called me "an impressive young man" and said I should switch to a business major in salesmanship. I even impressed people who were professional telemarketers themselves over the phone who recommended I go work for some of the more respectable firms in chicago.

Over the summer, T1g and I were both given jobs at my dad's office, in which we both worked two days a week in the same position (sharing the hours and the money). After two months of that, they just fired t1g and gave me his hours(GET REKT T1G). I had to leave that position a few days ago too because I needed to have time to build my portfolio, work on submissions to annual illustration publications, and just try to find a job in general. That's something I haven't had time to do in a while because I've been so busy between my two jobs. But they liked me too, and were ready to train me to take over for the intern that was there if I was willing.

I know I can do well at any job I'm offered. But by the nature of the game design industry, jobs are almost always given to people who are friends of the developers who are already on the team. Game design is entirely team based, and nobody wants to take a risk on a greenhorn who might be a bad artist or a lone wolf if they don't have to. So I get why, I'm just frustrated with waiting. I keep seeing at all of these other opportunities for success and turning them down because this is what I want to do, but then I know I'm going to show up at GDC and be told "you're not what we're looking for," or "Sorry, not right now" or "We really liked your stuff, but we ended up going with someone else." And so on. I don't know where I'm going with this rant so I'm gonna stop now.

You need to make a myspace (website) for your portfolio, post some of your work on reddit.

Posted

So I'm on day 4 of being plagued by this horrible migraine.

Which is made even more infuriating by the fact sleep hasn't helped and that I don't usually get migraines or headaches. And that it's lasted 4 days straight.

So either something in the environment is bugging me, I got something going on there, or the zombie apocalypse starts with me. 

Posted

ouch, really sorry to hear about that :c

can you take any meds for it at least?