You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

Damn, sorry, can't be of too much help then

Posted

I appreciate the thought Skippy. For now, I'll just tough it out until I can't

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

We're all here for you!!! Let us know if you need anything!!!

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

There's not much I can do, but if the need for help with anything arises just lemme know and I'll do what I can.

Posted

thanks man, I really do appreciate it.

Posted

sux man. You also missed the point that working three part time jobs and living on your own is pointless if you can have a support structure (family) as well as a method to become more employable (school). A lot of adults don't understand that now because jobs were easier to come by, education was cheaper, and living on your own wasn't something you had to fight tooth and nail for. At the very least a decent human being might understand that and encourage you to work while you don't have to bear the full weight of rent and 40+ hours a week at shitty jobs to scrape by, working just so you can continue to live and continue to work.

Posted

hey necro, i just read all of that. that's ridiculous. i know what it's like to live in a shitty situation, and i've had to deal with a drunken parent before. it's not fun at all, but in your case, it's not EVEN a parent, so it must feel ever more strange. i hope you can figure things out soon. i don't have any useful advice because i'm absolutely TERRIBLE at dealing with those situations. i would end up offering something that honestly you SHOULD NOT do. but i do hope things work out in the end, and i don't feel as if you really did anything wrong. you don't deserve it, but i'm sorry it's happening to you. :( <3

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Keep applying for jobs, Necro. If you have a friend with a good job, ask him for a good word. Try to apply to a bank, or maybe at AT&T, where I work. I can send you a reference email if you want to apply.

Try to get a high base pay. AT&T and Bank of America will both start you out well, I can say from experience.

Posted

Theres an AT&T just down the road, I'll see about that

_17chan likes this

Posted

Go to Att.com/careers and see if an SSR or RSC position is open in your area.

Posted

Ahhhh, I did Att for a while, pretty good job for the most part, hard to find something paying equal money for someone in school or without a degree. Good tuition matching, decent benefits if you're full time, matching 401k. Disliked the union, they were a pain when I had to get short term disability, basically useless for the most part except for the guaranteed raise every six months till you cap.

Posted

Yeah they have been helpful lately. Att is trying to change the point system and we don't like that.

It's also nice to have someone represent you if you are disciplined.

Posted (edited)

I hated the point system. My manager gave me a full point because I had an asthma attack and a seizure at work, he called an ambulance to take me to the hospital, then gave me the point for "leaving early" he then used all my vacation days instead of filing ,my short term disability. The union was absolutely useless in helping me fix that and I came back on a final written.

Also too many people just abused it, juggling points. Anytime they got "sick", immediately short staffed for three days. Wait till the points fall off, take more days off, rinse, repeat.

That being said, that manager was being investigated for some shady shit and I got to help on my way out. He got demoted to RSC and moved to a store in a shit location.

Edited by Skippy (see edit history)
pheonix561 and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

They just today changed the point system to shit.

Points don't roll off for a year, you only get 6 points, and you can't take consecutive days any longer.

Assholes

Posted

So music streaming site Grooveshark shut down two days ago. I relied on it for practically all of my music, not having money to pay for subscriptions or albums, and thoroughly disliking the radio-inspired styles of sites like Pandora. I've really been unable to find any other free, playlist-styled service, and it's distressing me a bit. I don't want to use YouTube, 'cause it's cumbersome and harder to track down songs and make playlists amongst just about every other type of entertainment on the Internet.

In general it makes me pretty sad.