You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

i hate feeling like a burden or a jerk, which is how i feel about 80% of the time i'm doing anything. it sucks, tbh. also the whole elementary school syndrome, which i just made up... but. anyway. it's basically the fact that i feel left out no matter what crowd i try and hang with. just sucks i sit at home and work all the time or spend all my free time with my lady. not really with friends much.

Cirt likes this

Posted

Women who breastfeed in public or even in private are slutty

Posted

women who have breasts are whores

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Does anyone remember when you could laugh and learn something from Cracked.com?

Lately, in the past year or more, it's only vaguely interesting stuff. Also, you're going to get propaganda on 2/5 articles if you aren't already getting feminist stuff. Just adapting to what they think people want, I guess. But man I used to spend so much time there.

Chase likes this

Posted

but I like After Hours they do a good job :o

Posted

Are those the videos? I've never liked the podcasts or videos

Posted

Yeah, a friend of mine often says cracked's writers are more like editors than writers. Never really any columns, much more just lists of information with some funny bits thrown in. But I still watch their videos sometimes, and they're usually pretty funny and insightful if you haven't seen them. Occasionally they tell me something I already knew, but I can't really blame them for that.

Here's two I liked a lot, first one being funny and second being educational:

Posted

Lol

I got her secret crush. Is that what all the answers are?

Teto likes this

Posted

Nah, if you answer in a pandering friendly way, you get like "nobody" or "I'd look at you".

You get secret crush if you don't give a shit about her.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

I got like "you play soccer which is still a sport but like, the gayest one. I'll acknowledge you in the hall way for a moment but don't look at me too much" or something haha.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

this is unrelated to anything and i'm likely on a hormonal rage right now but ike

people are assholes, you know? I have the potential to be hired full time (i.e. teach one more class and get a planning period) and get paid 15k more than I do now. but my bitch ass department head is insistent on finding another part time teacher (?????) because it's cheaper labor to have 2 teachers teach 4 classes each than hire a full time one and give the other class to another teacher. instead i still do all my planning on MY time and I don't get paid for it and I'm paying to get certified to work as this puppying school whee nobody even really cares that I'm there, I realized today at the department luncheon. I'm just awkward and 8-10 years too young to even be relatable or relevant because I'm not married and I don't have puppying children

i am running on 3 hours of sleep and I dealt with asshole 15 year olds for six hours, I am cramping very badly, and I get home today to take a power nap before I drive over to my boyfriend's town, an hour away, to just have a fun afternoon with him. since i have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow, I bring work clothes with me, all my toiletries, etc so I can leave for work at 6AM in the morning, and get dressed for tonight so when I get there we can just go out. this is all forethought that I put into this. I call him on the way there, ok

him: -picks up phone-

me: hello? 

him: hey, sorry i was distracted, (coworker) is driving in the lane next to me and she's being ridiculous

me: oh ok. well I'm leaving my house now, I'll be there in an hour.

him: ok sounds great!

me: so funny story, right after i got up from my nap--

him: -starts cracking up at some shit-

me: okay really? like is this a bad time? can you just call me back when you're actually ready to talk to me?

I ended up turning off my phone, turning my car around and driving back home because I'm puppying tired and I can't be bothered with this shit. and I feel like shit and super underappreciated and NO ONE cares that I have been working like a horse all day just to do please people. so here I am in my parents house and they're bound to come down here any second now and be like "why didnt you go to your boyfriends? what's wrong? are you ok?"

puppy off. i'm puppying done, man. somebody get me some sleeping pills because i don't want to deal with people for the next 16 hours

Posted

this is unrelated to anything and i'm likely on a hormonal rage right now but ike

people are assholes, you know? I have the potential to be hired full time (i.e. teach one more class and get a planning period) and get paid 15k more than I do now. but my bitch ass department head is insistent on finding another part time teacher (?????) because it's cheaper labor to have 2 teachers teach 4 classes each than hire a full time one and give the other class to another teacher. instead i still do all my planning on MY time and I don't get paid for it and I'm paying to get certified to work as this puppying school whee nobody even really cares that I'm there, I realized today at the department luncheon. I'm just awkward and 8-10 years too young to even be relatable or relevant because I'm not married and I don't have puppying children

People really are strange.

Posted

Cirt I didn't realize that was a thing where you teach. All the teachers I know of in North Carolina are full-time, you're expected to teach 3 classes with a planning period and in some cases get involved with an extracurricular program as well. Of course, they also give you less pay here which is why nobody wants to teach in my state. Heck, I'm only doing it for experience and because I'm single so I can afford to live on the salary.

At any rate, that's a really raw deal there :sadlink: I'd be all over the department head telling them you want to be full-time, if you can.

Posted

Jeeze, what do you do when someone is audibly sobbing on the train next to you...

LLmao ?✊? likes this