You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting involved could be a good or bad idea, but I guess you wouldn't know unless you tried. I don't feel like I'd be able to make a good job of getting involved though so I'd usually avoid interacting in that situation.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

I'd politely asked them to keep it down.

Posted

Or just. Tell them to shut their fuckin trap.

Posted

DAS RUDE!

Posted

Shut your fuckin trap.

Posted

Shut your puppyin trap.

s3CnCcE.gif

Teto likes this

Posted

Now that Game of Thrones has got really close to the point the books have reached, they're stripping down the plot to a few plotlines. Omitting new plotlines the books introduced and generally cutting back on plot a lot more than they had in the past. It's really just starting to feel more and more like fanfiction. It's really disappointing. Season 5 is certainly the weakest of all so far, for how diluted it is. It's difficult to tell how this series seems to someone who isn't familiar with the books, but I like that, even to someone who hasn't read the books, there's something a bit less rich about the plot of season 5. It's feeling more obvious.

pheonix561, Agent Zako and Cascade like this

Posted

I mean i've been enjoying this season so far, at least. I read that HBO is gonna stop following the books soon and branch off their story into an original plot.

Posted

Yeah, I understand that. I anticipated that. But they've trimmed off a lot of the most interesting stuff the books covered. They're narrowing down the scope to deal with how close they've come to the books, where it'd have been much better had they expanded their own vision instead. Make new events and characters to fill in the gaps where they've made cuts. Instead of doing that they cut things and then just remixed already existing characters to make new stories. 

It's like how made for TV dramas gradually get more obvious as time goes on. Like everyone's actually related or something, and by narrowing the scope they lose the rich expansive universe they had before. All the characters are being concentrated together for convenience of writing, and it shows.

You can tell when a show starts to overuse elements or characters, and it feels like it's getting to that point.

So I have a lot of beef with how much they've changed the books, but a lot of it is just that they're cutting and condensing plots without making anything new to fill the void.

Sure I guess if they want to do Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons at a doable pace, they had to make some cutbacks on plot, in condensing or cutting out plotlines altogether. Otherwise I guess, if they followed more characters, the season would end halfway through the arc. It might not fit television in that respect, but I can't help feeling that it would have been so much better to watch than this. So many changes, so much potential lost.

My main motivator behind my wild disappointment is just this lack of faith I suddenly have in the show. I just worry that it'll continue along this path of cutting and diluting without adding anything new or interesting. It could be coming, but I'm too cynical right now to hold out a lot of hope.

Although I should probably dial it back a lot. I'm still enjoying it week to week, but I get set off when I think over what could have been.

I'm just bitter. After getting all my complaining out, I've gotten over that stage of grief.

Posted

Where is Lady Stoneheart?

Posted

Those plots are either gone or being pushed so far into the future, they may as well be gone. This part of the books is already a mess pacing wise, and none of the changes they've done have really solved that. Consider the fact that we get roughly half the plots each episode, and those episodes are advancing at a miniscule rate.

Something I've started saying a lot this season.

Its too casual for Hardcore fans, its too hardcore for casual fans. No one is absolutely happy with the outcome

Other small things, like I saw an episode title earlier in the season Hardhome, and I thought, oh shit they're advancing that way ahead of schedule. "Dead things on the land, dead things in the water"  then when saw the preview of  the episode I realized Jon is making a trip only to talk with the Wildlings there. Which means the entire wall plot from Janos Slint dying to now is effectively stalling for time. The same as the dealing with the traitor nights watchmen plot last season.

Teto likes this

Posted

I'm watching Durarara!! Right now and it reminds me so much of GoT but with a slightly different approach. Like each episode so far has focused on a different character but all around the same few days. GoT kinda does that, but by scenes not episodes and like weeks not days. But thematically I find it super similar. Like 150% character driven. All "events" in the show happen because a character did something or is doing something. Nothing "just happens" you know? And everyone is connected or eventually crosses paths naturally so the setting feels almost real. This is probably gonna be my favorite anime once I finish rewatching it. Also, lol, it's use of "paranormal" compares very well to magic in the early seasons of GoT. It's there but it's not in abundance, so it feels just as mysterious to us as it does to the characters.

Teto likes this

Posted

That was always one of my favourite aspects of Game of Thrones. Somehow it fools you into not believing in magic. You don't feel it could really have that much power, and I still wonder how deep the magic goes.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

The Greyjoys are all I ever wanted.

Teto likes this