You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh youre too good for us. Gotcha.

Posted

I feel rejected. Every time I open my heart..

Pizzza likes this

Posted (edited)

I hate the word "bigot". It is thrown around on the Internet often. The word itself means "someone who cannot accept any point of view but their own". People use this word to describe someone that they disagree with. 

The word undermines and invalidates an individual's life and experiences that led them to believe what they believe. Instead of accepting that a person can come to their own conclusions about topics and then disagree with you. Calling someone you disagree with a bigot is bigoted in itself

Also the word sounds really gross.

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

The word undermines and invalidates an individual's life and experiences that led them to believe what they believe.

I don't care what a bigot believes. Its when they express their beliefs through actions and words that concerns me, and most people. They are the people who constantly invalidate other people's entire lives. And those life experiences are, much more often than not, taught to them through family and society. Bigots, at least the type of people I would typically call a bigot, don't experience actual persecution in their lives. They are just whinny little assholes who don't understand the difference between equity and equality.

Bigots are the people who judge minority communities for destroying a CVS, yet are completely silent when 8 churches are burned down by white supremacists within a weeks time. Jux saying.

Also bigots themselves are really gross, so a gross word is due fit to describe them.

Edited by PizzaGirl 420 (see edit history)
Cascade likes this

Posted

gross

I think it's bad to get caught up in labeling people as persecuted or bigoted, as if the two are separate or permanent. Those words are temporary and can always change. You are literally persecuting bigots right now. You've dehumanized them. 

"are you trying to defend bigots????" 

no

"good! they deserve to be dehumanized!!"

sighhhh

Posted

I'm pretty chill with people who have shitty opinions. As long as I don't have to hear about it or get into an argument, I'll be their friend. I'm a superficial kind of guy with few convictions that I wouldn't compromise on for the sake of good times.

What people think doesn't really bother me much at the end of the day. But talking about it does. As long as they're willing to not let their opinions get in the way of being cool.

People usually have good aspects to them, and I'm not the type of person to write others off.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Bigots are the people who judge minority communities for destroying a CVS, yet are completely silent when 8 churches are burned down by white supremacists within a weeks time. Jux saying.

I think it's a mistake to assume someone's priorities

Posted

Yeah I mean, if white people are your priority then you're still probably a bigot.

Posted (edited)

I mean there's always a worse "evil" in the world that you can throw in the face of someone who feels strongly about something. "How can you care about a CVS when many black churches are being burned?"

"How can you care about black churches being burned when ______ is happening??!"

"How can you care about _____ when ______ is happening!"

It's just an endless and dumb cycle. No one can be personally affected by anyhing. They have to be a cosmic, collective hive mind that is aware of all suffering of every degree.

You can't attack someone for caring about something just because there's a bigger problem a few months later/a few miles away. It's good to be mindful of others' suffering, but when a bigger and badder problem comes along, people aren't and CANNOT retroactively "take back" their suffering. It's like hanging out at a funeral and saying "wow, grow up guys. People are dying of starvation, and you have the GALL to mourn this guy who died of natural causes!??"

It just seems like you want a spectrum of oppression and pain. Suffering is suffering. Of course it does help to ease/work through suffering by being knowledgable about the world around you, but there's literally no point in categorizing and "rating" pain

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
Chase and pheonix561 like this

Posted

We've been down this path before so im just wasting my *breath* by saying this but

The way the media and many people I know, personally, demonized the Black Community of Ferguson for, SPECIFICALLY destroying that CVS and the way those SAME media outlets and people are absolutely SILENT about the burning down of 8 historically black churches is very obviously a sign of complete hypocrisy and racism. I come to this conclusion, because this action/lack of action tells me that these people are either SUPER invested in that particular CVS in Ferguson, (idk maybe they are one of the probably 30 employees who worked there) or they have a double standard on property destruction. Not to mention, the obvious symbolism involved when burning down a black church vs the symbolism involved in burning down a CVS (which does invoke symbolism, as CVS' in poor areas such as that tend to have a "rule" of only hiring people who live certain distance or more away so, due to fear of theft from employees/employees' friends. That being said, it's clearly and obviously does NOT invoke the same symbolism of destroying an historically black church, or even a general church at all) Like if you're gonna get mad at some people from destroying a CVS that most likely would not hiring any of them as a way to show mourning and rebellion against a corrupt system, but you aren't gonna say a word about the people and subculture that got together and burned down EIGHT black churches RIGHT AFTER a KNOWN WHITE SUPREMACIST shot up a black church then yeah, you're a puppying racist and a bigot too!

It's not a matter about not caring, it's a matter of double standards. You can not care about something huge and important like this. I think youre foolish for not caring, and probably not a very *good* person, but whatever. I do think you are an AWFUL person when you feature a double standard like this. 

This went on longer than i thought it would lol. This post I mean. I guess if you don't/won't get my point after reading this, or at least aren't willing to try to understand my position, then we can stop talking about this. Cause it's a lost hope then.

Cascade likes this

Posted

"All rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt.

The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate

in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems.

Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum.

They stay inside their little ponds,

leaking whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large."

Posted

This isn't about you, Necro. Part of your comment just made me think this.

lol at people who use the phrase "political correctness" its honestly such a vague and ever shifting phrase.

You can call me "PC" and say i tip toe around to avoid hurting feelings, but do you really think that's my intention when i call a Police Officer a pig or a killer, etc.

Like, youre just throwing out a new, unfounded, popular insult that really has no weight or meaning. The flavor of the month, for insults, if you will. 

Cascade likes this

Posted

It's not an insult. It's a quote, that you just proved correct.

Posted (edited)

Lol probably

I was literally just commenting on the words "political correctness" and not the whole quote, just saying. I don't speak riddles. I mean they are cute in DnD but in discussions like this it's basically just "I'm gonna outsmart you now by speaking in a way you may not understand" like who threw this math in here?? Lol

Edited by PizzaGirl 420 (see edit history)
pheonix561 and Cascade like this

Posted

Kill me.

LLmao ?✊? likes this