Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Zelda take on a playable role?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

It's been more than twenty years after the first game and despite having the entire series named after her, Zelda has yet to be a playable character. Moreover, the games she has been aren't considered canon. The conceptual drawings of her during the development of Twilight Princess holding the rapier led many to believe she finally would be, but ended up not being the case. So in the upcoming installment, should Nintendo finally give her a break make her controllable? If so, what role would she play?

Posted

She was controllable in Zelda's Adventure for Phillips CD-i. That's Zelda!!

Also, I don't believe she should, it would so ruin the franchise unless they did something amazing, like what they did with Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. That game wasn't that bad, the only thing I didn't like is Rupees = Life, but you need to pay people to talk to them, what the puppy. So, yeah, if they manage to make something about out of it, then yes.

They could make a two/four-player minigame that isn't the actual game to play that has her involved, plus Link and two or more characters to choose from? Or they could make a two-part game where the first half features Zelda and then the other Link. Or they could have a split story where you get both sides, like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. amd then they both meet up and the final part begins.

Yeaaaaaaaaah.

Posted

QUOTE (Fierce Muffin @ Feb 22 2009, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She was controllable in Zelda's Adventure for Phillips CD-i. That's Zelda!!

Also, I don't believe she should, it would so ruin the franchise unless they did something amazing, like what they did with Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. That game wasn't that bad, the only thing I didn't like is Rupees = Life, but you need to pay people to talk to them, what the puppy. So, yeah, if they manage to make something about out of it, then yes.

They could make a two/four-player minigame that isn't the actual game to play that has her involved, plus Link and two or more characters to choose from? Or they could make a two-part game where the first half features Zelda and then the other Link. Or they could have a split story where you get both sides, like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. amd then they both meet up and the final part begins.

Yeaaaaaaaaah.

The CD-i was horrible!I hope it burns in hell!

Posted

I bet you've never played any of them. You're like the people who hate Vista, you hear it sucks and automatically be a tool and agree with everyone else even though it's not that bad.

Posted

QUOTE (Fierce Muffin @ Feb 22 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet you've never played any of them. You're like the people who hate Vista, you hear it sucks and automatically be a tool and agree with everyone else even though it's not that bad.

it does
I have had/used it.
i have my own opinion

Posted

She's the one you're mainly trying to save. She wouldn't try to save everybody else. She isn't courageous. Only wise. Wisdom =/= Physical strength.

Posted

She should, maybe a quest where ganon decides that Zelda isnt important, and kidnapping her is just provoking link to attack. It could be a two player game or something..

Posted

No. Your ideas suck. She wouldn't be able to. She's weak and couldn't possibly hope to help in any way at all.

Posted

I agree with Muffin on the possibility that the game is split into Link/Zelda sagas, and then the player controls Link for the final battles (ie, Snake and Raiden in Sons of Liberty). Zelda obviously has something to contribute, if her magic abilities are any indication. Furthermore, her part of the game could include some stealth elements that Link doesn't have. Aka, Sheik.

Posted

The fact that you reference that horrible game, Sons of Liberty, isn't a good sign.

I would probably say yes though if they didn't make her as horrible as they did Raiden.

Edit: Or they could do it Resident Evil style with two separate campaigns for each character and things you do in one campaign effect events in the other afterwards.

Read the edit.

Posted

We can do without your trolly polly, thanks.

Posted

What does that even mean? How am I meant to change my ways when I don't know what I've done wrong?

Posted

Zelda also has more powerful magic than link. That could be her main thing.

Posted

Not in a canon game. Maybe in a spin-off... A definately not like Super Princess Peach, where the princess saves the hero.

Actually, I once had a random idea about a 3-D fighting game like Soulcalibur or Tekken, but with all Zelda characters...

Posted

nah, Link is the Hero Of Time, Hero Of The Winds(Wind Waker), and much more cant imagine a Legend Of Zelda game where you couldnt play as Link