Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ocarina of Time

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Spoiler Alert!

Ok so as we all know Link was sent to kill Ganondorf to save Hyrule as a kid, but so not old enough to be the hero of time so he went forward in time to kill Ganondorf. Well at the end Zelda sends Link back in time before it all happened. So what I'm tring to figure out is, how was Ganondorf stopped if it happened 7 years in the future? Then after OoT he went off to the forest, and all the events in MM happened.

In other words how the heck was Ganondorf stopped if Link went back in time before he stopped him?

Edited by Young Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

It's believed that in the child timeline, Link told Zelda about how Ganondorf is going to kill everyone, so they put him in jail or whatever, which leads to Twilight Princess, I believe. That's where the the little cutscene at Arbiter's Grounds comes in where the six sages tried to kill Ganondorf with the Sage's Sword, but since Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power, it doesn't kill him. But going back to after he tells Zelda, after that, Link leaves to the Lost Woods and Majora's Mask begins.

In the adult timeline, Ganondorf is locked away by the Sage's seal and since Link isn't there because he was sent back to being a child, that's where the intro of Wind Waker comes in. Link isn't there to stop Ganon after he breaks the seal holding him down. This causes Hyrule to be flooded and then Link kills Ganondorf in Wind Waker.

Hope that helped.

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

Thanks. That did help. I just figued that after MM he came back to fight Ganondorf in the future, but thought that it didn't make any sence.

Posted

No problem, broooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Posted

It is strange but I think it is hard to tell.

Posted

It could seem that both the Wind Waker and the Twilight Princess timelines both originated from the adult timeline where link defeated Ganon and the sages sealed him off.

The opening of WW says "The great evil that all thought had been forever sealed away by the hero... once again crept forth from the depths of the earth, eager to resume it's dark reigns."

Then the Majoras Mask timeline begins when link is transported back to his original timeline and goes looking for Navi. The MM timeline could also be the explanation of why Link never did return, since we never get the confirmation of Link returning safely to Hyrule.

I am just thinking out loud, but i guess that is all we can do until/if Miamoto decides to release the full timeline for the series, cuz i doubt he has been making random timelines just like that without having something big going on... who knows, maybe the next Zelda game will wrap up the timelines once and for all? :embarrassed:

Posted

That's where the the little cutscene at Arbiter's Grounds comes in where the six sages tried to kill Ganondorf with the Sage's Sword, but since Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power, it doesn't kill him.

But... What I heard was that he got the Triforce of Power at that point when they were going to kill him. I only played through Twilight Princess once and only payed attention half the time so have I or have I not been misinformed?

Anyway, you're totally right in my opinion.

Posted

But... What I heard was that he got the Triforce of Power at that point when they were going to kill him. I only played through Twilight Princess once and only payed attention half the time so have I or have I not been misinformed?

Anyway, you're totally right in my opinion.

It could be taken either way. Yes, it did suddenly appear when he was about to die. But who's to say it he didn't already have it?

Posted

I thought that was the same Ganondorf. I don't know why, but it was like the 3rd Zelda game with Ganondorf in it so I just figured that Ganondorf escaped from the realm, and came back. He said in OoT that he was going to come back to kill Link, and Zelda's ancestors.

Posted

In Twilight Princess, Ganondorf gets the Triforce of Power by what the sages call a "divine prank". It's not actually divine, but it seems that way to them because they have no explanation for it. Theorists have an explanation, however.

When Link went back to the child timeline, his piece of the Triforce stayed in the adult timeline, and broke, which is why it remains broken in Wind Waker. The Triforce automatically split at the same point in time that it did in the other timeline, and the pieces went to their usual owners. Ganondorf didn't know he had it until after being stabbed.