Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Link have a musical instrument in Zelda Wii?

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Twilight Princess was criticized by some for its lack of a true musical instrument and disappointment in the whistling grass and Wolf Link's howling. After the Ocarina of Time and the Wind Waker, has a music instrument become so much of a series staple that Link should have one again in the upcoming installment? If so, what should it be?

Posted

I think he should have a musical instument. I do I really need a reason? If I do then I don't know why. They're fun to play.

Posted

Yeah. It should be something like a GUITAR!.... Maybe not. That would be cool if Link had more than one instrument. Like A flute, a fiddle, and other things. (BRING BACK THE OCARINA!)

Posted

I think maybe depending on if it would be better than previous versions, or like the ocarina returns or something.

Posted

Sitar.

/thread

Posted

I think that's what they meant when they said that Twilight Princess was the Last Zelda Game of it's kind

Posted

I think he should. I mean, he's had one in the majority of games, so why stop?

I think they should stick with the woodwinds.

Posted

QUOTE (Nabeshin @ Mar 1 2009, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sitar.

/thread

puppy yeah!

Or something like a Baglama Saz, or a Ney.
They definitely need to do the music better in the next one.

Posted

Yeah, give link a banjo or lute.

Posted

QUOTE (Link Player @ Mar 1 2009, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. It should be something like a GUITAR!.... Maybe not. That would be cool if Link had more than one instrument. Like A flute, a fiddle, and other things. (BRING BACK THE OCARINA!)

In Majora's Mask, Link had multiple instruments, including a guitar. He had a saxophone set, a drum set, a guitar, and, of course, his Ocarina of Time.

I might be wrong on the saxophone set. I don't really see any other instrument that fits the sound and the look of the instrument.

Posted

they should. the last game with a musical instrument was wind waker and that wasn't very musical at all. maybe they were preparing us. :(

Posted

An ORGAN!

*Crickets chirping*

What? It's a good idea!

Nah, Just joking with you.

I have to admit, the Ocarina WAS fun. But, come to think of it, ALttP had a flute, and it looked just like the Ocarina.

Yeah, I have to admit, even I thought the horse grass was lame.

I think that's what they meant when they said that Twilight Princess was the Last Zelda Game of it's kind

Ah, Nintendo....always so criptic.....

Posted

QUOTE (The Minish Link @ Mar 1 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An ORGAN!

xD

that would be funny though. i would prefer something like an ocarina though you know something that isnt well known. it seems like the ocarina really only became popular after ocarina of time was released. the waker was too original. -__-

i would go for something small portable sounds nice and fits in with the game. tin whistle maybe? flute? wow. cant think of anything that isnt a wind instrument. i guess thats just the zelda way.

Posted

QUOTE (Fierce Muffin @ Mar 1 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Majora's Mask, Link had multiple instruments, including a guitar. He had a saxophone set, a drum set, a guitar, and, of course, his Ocarina of Time.

I might be wrong on the saxophone set. I don't really see any other instrument that fits the sound and the look of the instrument.

It was a butt trumpet. :) No it was just Deku pipes.

Posted

Yea, I think he should. I kept waiting to get an Ocarina or something in Twilight Princess. I would like to see the ocarina come back. Maybe he find the actual Ocarina of Time locked away somewhere....or floating in the bottom of a river.