Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: The Flood of Destiny

101 posts in this topic

Posted

A mouse scurried along the bank of Lake Hylia. It has been a breezy day, and bits of grasses and seeds had been blown in from all of Hyrule. Surely there must be a tasty morsel nearby for little creatures such as mice.

The grey rodent climbed over several rocks, before finding a small piece of dry grass. Picking it up in his tiny paws, he began to nibble. Soon, the entire blade disappeared into the mouse's mouth. Satisfied, but wondering if there might be more, he scurried around a washed-up log on the shore.

Keeping an ear open for passing owls or hawks, the mouse crept along the other side of the log, picking up a grass-seed or to as he went. He was eating very well today; the weather was turning cool early this year, and with the harvest season came good pickings.

He stopped and stood on his tiny hind paws, running his little hands over his face, grooming his whiskers and nose. He licked his paws and ran them over his ears, his big, black eyes blinking as he did so. When he looked up, he finally noticed the second log, only a foot or so away from the first one. Only this log was very odd; it was blue.

The mouse went over to investigate. He was facing what looked like a very flat side of the log. It had a groove going down its center, leading to two long sections of blue log, that ended in flipper-like mushrooms. The mouse came closer, right up to the log, and sniffed. It smelled like lake water.

Suddenly, the log made a grunting sound, and, without warning, fell forward on top of the poor mouse. It squealed in shock and fear as the weight of the log pressed down upon its tiny, furry body. In desperation, the mouse bit down on the log, which had a surprising effect. The log suddenly shot upright, cursing in the Zora language. The mouse, now freed, scrambled to its feet and ran as far away as it could, as fast as it could, vowing never to disturb blue logs ever again.

Marek squinted and rubbed his eyes, and rubbed the sore spot on his back that had so rudely awoken him from his nap. "Stupid mouse....." he murmered. He then lay back down in the warm sun and resumed his relaxation.

Posted

I commend that post you made, Gael, very good, lol.

Vadarth watched as the Zora entered town. Hm. A Zora? What is he/she doing here? And why does she seem so familiar...Ah well... Vadarth suddenly stood more at attention as he noticed the Zora look and walk his way. "Umm...do you know how to get to the castle?" she asked. "Uh, yeah, I do, it's easy. Want me to show you the way?" The Zora nodded, replying, "Yes, please!" "Okay then, right this way!"

After one minute of walking, Vadarth decided to strike up a conversation. "So, you have business here at the castle?"

Posted

Aria was relieved that the boy had agreed. He had asked "So, you have business here at the castle?" Aria thought hard about her answer. "Yes, I need to talk to...the Queen." He looked at his closely, a feeling of farmiliarity washed over her, but it wasn't possible, she had never met a Hylian before. She was still dwelling heavily on her dream, the darkness was what had disturbed her most, and who would sacrifice themselves for her? She watched as the boy considered her words and the direction this conversation would go.

Posted

"Ah. Interesting. Well, I hope it's nothing dangerous or very bad," Vadarth remarked. Vadarth stopped walking and pointed at the gate directly ahead of them. "That's the castle. Obviously. The guards there don't let anyone in unless they have proof that they're on official business, and there's tons of tight security around and in there, after what happened with...him..." Vadarth whispered the last part. "People around here don't like hearing his name said," he explained at the Zora's curious look. "Anyway, you're lucky I'm here, for my father is a castle guard, so they let me in. By the way, my name's Vadarth! What's yours?"

Posted

Name: Reno

Race: Human

Weapons/Items: Shortsword

Location of Birth/Origin: Unknown

Current Location: Castletown

History: It's pretty cloudy.

Good, Evil, or Neutral: Good.

Reno stood in the marketplace, his had laid against a wall. He viewed the civilians blankly. *sigh* I'll never be complete again. Not after what has happened... He pushed off from the wall and walked slowly to one of the stalls, his white robes shone a little in the light as he walked, his short, light blond hair blew lightly across his face.

Posted

"My name is Aria." she replied cheerfully. She was, indeed lucky to have picked him. However his words had made her slightly uncomfterable. It's probably the worst thing in 50 years. They walked up to the gate and were let in. Vadarth stopped at the entrance to the castle. "I-Could you come with me?" Aria asked, interpreting his actions correctly. She was the Zoran princess but, meeting the Queen of Hyrule was intimidating. Especialy since she had bad new to tell her.

Posted

Almia sat behind the stall. She looked into the sky. Clouds were scattered loosely across it, drifting slowly above. A man approached the stall. He was tall with light blond hair and a long dark robe. He seemed younger than herself but older at the same time. "I'm looking for a weapon. Preferably a shortsword and believe me, money is no object."

Almia nodded, standing up to his level. She turned around and reached for the closest shortsword on the shelf. She weighed it in her hands. "This do?" she asked, handing him the sword, shakily. He nodded with a grin. "That's... That's 120 rupees." he didn't seem shocked by the price. He merely reached inside his robes and handed her the money.

"Good doing business with you." He shook her hand. Almia grinned and shook back. The man turned away. He stopped suddenly and spun on his heel.

"Almia." she blurted out. He looked slightly confused. She blushed a little as she had been expecting him to ask her name. "What- what do you need?" she asked.

"A sheath. For the sword." Almia fumbled in one of the drawers and pulled one out.

"That should do the trick just fine." Almia said with a smile, gathering up her wits again.

"Thank you Almia. And the name's Reno by the way." gave her the rupees and walked away, disappearing into the crowd. Almia watched him go with the flick of his robe. She fell back into her seat and took a deep breath. She looked about the precinct. Nobody had seen that. Thank Din.

Posted

Reno looked back at the girl as he fastened the sheath on his waist. He gently fitted the sword and walked away. What do I do now? I can't do anything from her on in. Teto stole all my possessions when we were separated and sent me here. I have nothing now. Not even my magic. Nobody. He looked back in the direction of the stall. He stood, staring at the bottom of his robes for a second. It wouldn't be awkward, would it? he thought to himself, imaging himself simply walking back up to her and asking if he can just hang about. Screw it. Reno turned back towards the stall, moving swiftly through the crowd.

He reached her stall again. Her face seemed to light up on his arrival.

[Ooc: I'll dump the awkward dialogue on you for this one.]

Posted

[Ooc: alright then, lol.]

Almia saw Reno return. "Oh- Hi." she mumbled, unable to say much as their last meeting was rather embarrassing.

"Hey, you- You're a Gerudo right?" Reno asked, the slightest grin showing on his face. Almia nodded skyly. "Cool. Then why are you out here? Why not out in the desert?"

Almia couldn't help herself. She had bottled up her feelings for so long, she couldn't hold them any more. "The world it- It's changing. Nothing is as it was before. The Gerudo valley is far too dangerous now. The sun is far too intense and the heat unbearable. I immigrated here when I was younger. I guess I've always been brought up a Hylian really." Almia said, adding a laugh at the end to mask her real feelings. Reno seemed to have fallen for it. "What about you? Where do you come from?"

Posted (edited)

"I- It's complicated and not nearly half as interesting as yours even at it's length." Reno laughed. "Anyway... What is there to do in this town exactly?" Reno asked, hastily changing the subject. Almia got the hint and didn't persist.

"Well you have the... The box guessing game and... The... The rabid dogs..." Almia blushed. "Man, for the capital of an empire, there's really nothing to do." Almia laughed. "I guess we can just chat then?" Almia asked.

Reno shrugged "I guess. There isn't much to do as you say." Almia gestured to a seat on the other side of the stall. Reno sat.

"So..." Almia began, trying to start some form of conversation. "What brings you to Castletown? I'm pretty sure you're new." Almia said, not noticing how stupid it must have sounded.

"Well..." Reno began, struggling to come up with any other reason than being teleported by a bird man. "Just travelling. You know, country to country. Might as well see the world while I can." Reno lied. Almia seemed to believe it.

The water rose and the salt stung at his lungs as he sunk further below the waves. A hand groped at his sleeve but as soon as it clutched, he slipped away again. Every breath worsened the struggling pain in his chest, it heaved and he grabbed tightly at his chest. Closing his eyes tightly, he drew his last breath.

Almia shook him awake. He opened his eyes and took a deep breath, his eyes watered and he had been scratching at his face. His cheek bled a little from the scarring. He took deep shuddered breaths and sat up straight. "Reno, I- I don't know what just happened. You just keeled over and... I don't know." they hadn't drawn a cloud but had caught some funny and worried looks from the shoppers. Reno nodded, feeling at his face. "The scars aren't deep. You'll be fine without bandaging up." Almia reassured him.

"Thanks..." Reno breathed. "Almia."

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

Vadarth smiled and answered her "Okay!" Aria was,once again relieved. They walked together into the castle and saw the throne of Hyrule. It was gold with the Triforce atop it. The queen sweeped into the room and Aria and Vadarth both bowed. "Rise." said Queen Zelda. They did so and Aria steeped forewards. "Your highness, the Zora's Domain has frosted over, and something like this hasn't happened in 50 years, not since-" Then Aria remembered what Vadarth had said. Zelda started off at once asking questions and pacing up and down. When Aria got to the part about the location of the Zoran Princess, she hesitated, knowing that Vadarth was in the room. "She-she escaped, I am she, the Princess of the Zoras." Aria replied slowly. "Well, at least one of you have escaped." Zelda said quietly. "The Hero of Time has disapeared from this time." she had said that mostly to herself. Aria looked back at Vadarth, who looked surprised but, not angry about this fact being kept from him.

Posted

Name: Riya

Race: Darknut

Weapons/Items: Sword

Location of Birth/Origin: Unknown

Current Location: Death Mountain

History: During the reign of Ganondorf, he felt like it shouldn't be like that. Removing his helm and taking defence, he avoided commands and attacks for a great time. He dislikes evil reigning, but instinctively behaves bad.

Good, Evil, or Neutral: Neutral

The Darknut stepped in stride further down the ever-scorched ground of the mountain, his dark hair covering his right eye and very little else of his face. He had spent enough of his time hiding, and wanted to return to Hyrule and experience a kinder realm.

The wound of rotating fans and clucking coccus was heard, meaning the village was very close.

Within a few steps, a wooden sign came into sight. The last time he came through here was an attempted invasive mission that failed.

Riya immediately turned towards the nearest guard. "Are there new-formed chasms through Hyrule field or is it the same route through to Castle town?"

Confused and intimidated, he replied "Same route."

"Thank you" said the warrior beginning a walk to castle town. A citizen stared in awe at the tall and well built figure, gaining Riya's attention. "What are you looking at?" he quickly said before continuing his journey.

Posted

Yeah. So this guy of yours is kind of like... Doing the wrong things but... For the right reasons? That kind of thing? Or did I miss the point?

Posted

It seems sleeping is not a good idea anymore, lol.

I'll post when I get back from school.

Posted (edited)

Yeah. So this guy of yours is kind of like... Doing the wrong things but... For the right reasons? That kind of thing? Or did I miss the point?

No, he just doesn't like either side. Naturally hates good, willingly hates evil.

Edited by What is lost... (see edit history)