Did you like the cel-shaded look to the Zelda series??

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Ohhhh yeeeeahh!! That's just wicked, one of my favs!! YLA, I hope you can gather your motivation to play through the rest of the game, because it really has it's own style of elements of coolness.

Oh I beat it. I think I will get rid of it now after I beat the one without the hero's clothes.

Haha and I can't play as Toon Link anymore. Now I like SSBB. I just had to get rid of TL.

Posted

I remember when I used to hate the graphics because I was an angry 9-13-year-old that browsed Zelda forums and thought it a terrible game because of its graphics.

Then I realised years later after playing it again that it was an incredible game and that the graphics were amazing.

Also, lol at the people quoting people from 2006 and getting mad at them when they don't even come here anymore, except for Gingerlink, Bop, and Vivi.

Posted

... I don't understand where the Zora's becoming "evil" came from... They became the Rito... But I don't see why The Gorons survived and the Zora's didn't... Gorons CAN'T swim. >.< I mean... They even have their own island in Phantom Hourglass... And the Zora didn't....

But I still enjoyed Wind Waker...I liked the cell shaded look.

Posted

well, vivi's barely on the forums now and I don't see bop much.

Must look at what I said on this before though, I still think it looks pretty slick, especially the explosions :D

Posted

meh, i liked it, but you must understand the game was desined to bring forth younger players, plus if you want to understand the storyline IMO, u have to actually pay attention strctly to what the game says, not back story.

Posted

I loved the cel-shading. It was different, and it allowed for bright, vivid colors. I also liked the toony art style that the cel-shading was used with- it gave the game a very storybook-fairytale feeling. Miyamoto and Aonuma said that the art style (toon) and coloring style (cel-shading) was used to allow the gamer to see the world through a child's (Link's) eyes, and that's exactly what they accomplished.

Posted

The cel-sheded look on the game was something new, which I believe was good for the game. After all, Zelda would most likely get a bit dull if it had the same look through the years. I also like that look in other games that I've played. :)

Posted

well, cel shading is good for kid link games,

for games with adult link,

stay with twilight princess graphics

Posted

I love the cel-shaded style for zelda. Thought I'd mention, you asked where the Ocarina is, well since you HAVE read the storyline I don't need to tell you that right off the bat they talk about the hero of time as an historical figure, The link that was in OoT and MM was an ancestor of the Link in WW. Who knows where the ocarina is? It effects time not wind and this game is not called the Time Waker now is it?

PS the Toon link is my favorite I think.

Posted

I love the cel-shaded style for zelda. Thought I'd mention, you asked where the Ocarina is, well since you HAVE read the storyline I don't need to tell you that right off the bat they talk about the hero of time as an historical figure, The link that was in OoT and MM was an ancestor of the Link in WW. Who knows where the ocarina is? It effects time not wind and this game is not called the Time Waker now is it?

PS the Toon link is my favorite I think.

They said that the hero of time wasn't the ancestor of the link in WW. Middle of the game with the King of Red Lions talking to...Valoo I think it is.

I don't actually think all of the links necessarily need to be from a single family line either, I mean it's pretty much always someone there to be a hero...and that's it.

Posted

They said that the hero of time wasn't the ancestor of the link in WW. Middle of the game with the King of Red Lions talking to...Valoo I think it is.

That's what I love about the game how OoT/MM Link, and WW Link aren't related.

It was Jabun he said that to.

The only reason I know this is because I was curious about the triforce one. I made a topic about it. I only made to the tower of the gods, and just quit, but I get the jiff of it sence I beat it once.

Posted (edited)

i dont mind toon graphics at all.. i prefer toon graphics for handheld (DS) but it would be weird on wii so i think they should keep on making tp graphics on wii and toon on DS that way if ppl really dont like one, there'll still be games with the other. :joy:

But ya, i really dont care at all what nintendo wants to do. they both have pros and cons, but like i said i think toon suits DS best and tp graphics are great for wii.

Edited by Link Archer (see edit history)

Posted

I Simply Cell-Shaded Graphics! :joy:

Posted

Meh. The cel-shading was cute, but I still liked the realistic graphics better.

Posted

i loved the cel-shade look! but i also love the realistic look too! :squint: