Did you like the cel-shaded look to the Zelda series??

76 posts in this topic

Posted

I for one liked the graphics a lot because its perfect for the oceanand the enviroment. it may be childish but it still has a good fighting style. and its the same with tp (without childness of course) i do hope it has the perry attack ;)

Posted

parry's still there yes, although i havn't seen anybody use it in the demo's <_<

but it does give the option on the bottom of the screen so you can do it.

The finishing move is awesome as well, its link link's aerial a + down move on melee

Posted

W00t! ^.^ Sounds great.

Posted

I reckon dustin should try and organise something to try and upload some of the recent twilight princess videos onto the site, because some of you seem fairly clueless, yet it's all easy to make out from the videos...

Posted

WW WAS GREAT!!!!! :ohmygod:

Posted (edited)

I think this was a big deal when the first cel-shaded Zelda game out, windwaker. Personally I thought this game did horrible! I did not like it at all. I did read the storyline, What happened the Kokoris beacame peices of wood and the Zoras became evil. The one thing I didnt get was the conductors wand. What happened to the Ocarina of Time!!!!! And I think Link was 12 and he sounded like a women I thought thats when most people hit Puberty!!!! I just thought that Nintendo made a big mistake. Thank god for Twilight Princess!!! :D

'o cares? It's flippin' Zelda! Graphics make no differrnce!

Yeah, I USED to hate WW. But it's actually fun now.

I have no preference. BRING ON THE NEXT ADVENTURE, that's what I say!

Edited by That's Mama Luigi (see edit history)

Posted

wierd, how come I didn't move this 2 years ago? o wel...

Posted

I thought that TWW was a big mistake until I played it and immediately fell in love with it. PH is also one of my favorite games.

Posted

I think this was a big deal when the first cel-shaded Zelda game out, windwaker. Personally I thought this game did horrible! I did not like it at all. I did read the storyline, What happened the Kokoris beacame peices of wood and the Zoras became evil. The one thing I didnt get was the conductors wand. What happened to the Ocarina of Time!!!!! And I think Link was 12 and he sounded like a women I thought thats when most people hit Puberty!!!! I just thought that Nintendo made a big mistake. Thank god for Twilight Princess!!! :D

hey i liked that game :angry:

Posted

I thought that the art style was perfect for the game.

Posted

I like it with wind waker :D

Looked nice to me but every one his taste ;)

Posted

Why do I have the feeling that I posted in this topic a long time ago? :mellow:

Anyway, The Wind Waker's graphic style perfectly complimented the game's every aspect. There were lots of things they couldn't have done with it if it wasn't for the cel-shaded graphics; consider the ocean. If it was more realistic, you would be able to see under water, right? I mean, imagine it being realistic, yet you can't see under the water. Link jumps into it, and things look pretty awkward. And don't begin to think that anyone would like to design the massively expansive ocean floors of that game. Lots of artistic things, too; consider the bombs' explosions, the dust that floats upward after you roll on the ground, etc. Plus, it all looks so inviting. :n_n:

You can't really judge anything by its graphics; a little pet peeve of mine. It sorta ticks me off when people talk about hating it when they've never played it- The Wind Waker is actually my favorite video game.

Posted

I really liked WW graphics. They didn't bother me at all.

Posted

I recently bought the Legend of Zelda Collection for the Gamecube (containing LoZ, LoZII, OoT, MM, and demos of WW). I tried a few of the Wind Waker demos and was very disappointed. The gameplay, though not straying very far from the Zelda engine, is terrible. The Conductor's Wand confused me terribly, and the whole game almost looked like a rip off of OoT (notice the music in the Fire Temple).

The Cel-Shading was one of the worst parts to it. Why have excellent, life-like graphics throughout the entire 3D saga, then switch to this stuff? It was a terrible decision. On that note, adding 'Toon Link' to Brawl was also a terrible idea.

Posted

Why do I have the feeling that I posted in this topic a long time ago? :mellow:

Anyway, The Wind Waker's graphic style perfectly complimented the game's every aspect. There were lots of things they couldn't have done with it if it wasn't for the cel-shaded graphics; consider the ocean. If it was more realistic, you would be able to see under water, right? I mean, imagine it being realistic, yet you can't see under the water. Link jumps into it, and things look pretty awkward. And don't begin to think that anyone would like to design the massively expansive ocean floors of that game. Lots of artistic things, too; consider the bombs' explosions, the dust that floats upward after you roll on the ground, etc. Plus, it all looks so inviting. :n_n:

You can't really judge anything by its graphics; a little pet peeve of mine. It sorta ticks me off when people talk about hating it when they've never played it- The Wind Waker is actually my favorite video game.

Well said.

---

And CyberWolf, I recommend that you rent or borrow the game before you set that opinion in stone.