Did you like the cel-shaded look to the Zelda series??

76 posts in this topic

Posted

I have the game. I couldn't beat it. Why? It's glitched up or something. I have to say I hate the graphics on that game. It has nothing to do whth TL in SSBB. :angry:

Posted

Apparently, you didn't get what I was saying.

I'm fine with their being a Young Link clone of Link, but why Toon Link? Why not just keep with OoT Link?

Posted

I hated it when I first played, but around a few years ago, around 2005-2006, I loved the Cel-Shading. To bad the part that made me love the cel-shaded graphics was freaking me out. Darn having to get to Jabu, and running into a stupid giant squid.

Posted

yes, and i loved windwaker and phantom hourglass....

Posted (edited)

eeeehhhwhwwhw. (twitches at the mention of Celda)

I can't stand the graphics of WW. The Celda games for DS are even worse.

I have the 20 minute trial for ww on my 'Cube, I can't make it past the first 10 minutes without hitting the "reset" button due to the graphics, or rather, lack thereof.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Celda is not ZELDA

(o.k. well, it is but it's still not part of the same contiuim)

(Realistic graphics on Toon link. riiiiiiiiiiiiight. what ever floats your boat, Toon Link

Edited by The Midna Project (see edit history)

Posted

I just, don't understand why people hate cel-shaded of Zelda....

My sister never wanted to played zelda until wind-waker came out..... SHE HATES THE OTHER STYLE.

And what did toon link style do to you...

they wanted to mske LoZ closer to younger players.....

I AM SO MAD!

Posted

thank god indeed

Posted

I love the cell shading. Not better than other styles, perhaps, but I love that Zelda is diverse enough to try stuff like that. Cell shading fits the WW game style and feel perfectly. And I don't understand people saying they hated the engine and game play... it's really easy. Albeit TP is more smoothed out, but WW is at least way easier than OOT game play (but maybe because I play that on a game cube and the controlled is wrong for the game). About the temples, I have yet to not find cross over and repeats in Zelda games... that's what makes it Hyrule. Idk, I loved WW. I don't get it when people try to rip it apart. Seriously, what is it too cute for them and they aren't secure in their gamerhood? Grow up and

deal with it. It's Zelda and love it or hate it, it's part of the legend... and a well done part in it's own right at that.

*this is not meant to offend anyone, the last bit is a joke between my brother and I about people who only play violent games*

Posted (edited)

I just, don't understand why people hate cel-shaded of Zelda....

My sister never wanted to played zelda until wind-waker came out..... SHE HATES THE OTHER STYLE.

And what did toon link style do to you...

they wanted to mske LoZ closer to younger players.....

I AM SO MAD!

Dude, the game cheated me out of my money. It's broke. It won't let me open the place I need to go to because the GOD DAMN DOOR WON'T OPEN. :cry: It just won't open. I play and I play the song over and over and it says it has no effect. I restarted and the same thing happend. :cry: It won't ohohoohohohohopen. :cry:

And TE, It can't be part of the legend, I don't think it has Ganondorf in it only phantom Ganon who looks like crap.

Edited by Y. Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

Not sure what door you are talking about, but I feel your pain over a glitchy game. I assure you that Ganondorf is in it. And by 'legend,' define it how you like, but I mean Nintendo produced Zelda games with the LoZ title. I can understand how your frustration would taint your opinion, though. Seriously, it's a good game and a creative style and plot concept if you get far enough to 'get' it. And yeah, Ganondorf (I don't remember if they just call him Ganon, but he's still in human form) has a different look, but he's still there, don't worry.

Posted

I hate this game more because the door wanted me to play the winds realem insead of wind gods aria. :cry: Now I know what to do and now I can beat the game. Now after 3 years of hating it, I don't want to beat it anymore, but I must play it and I don't want to. :cry:

Posted (edited)

Wind waker was one of my favorites... I loved the graphics. I don't think it changed the gameplay significantly. And plus... if you've finished it... it's soooo badass!

Edited by haviksheik (see edit history)

Posted

Wind waker was one of my favorites... I loved the graphics. I don't think it changed the gameplay significantly. And plus... if you've finished it... it's soooo badass!

Ohhhh yeeeeahh!! That's just wicked, one of my favs!! YLA, I hope you can gather your motivation to play through the rest of the game, because it really has it's own style of elements of coolness.

Posted

correct me if im wrong, but i believe that some people don't deserve to be on an awesome site such as this if they don't fully appreciate each and every zelda game for their complete and total awesomeness. yes its a word. and i cant STAND it when people down wind waker!!!! ya it looks a bit childish but that doesn't make it a child only game. this game touched on so many different elements to make it such an outstanding game. and you can't argue with such a cool boss fight!

Posted

Apparently, you didn't get what I was saying.

I'm fine with their being a Young Link clone of Link, but why Toon Link? Why not just keep with OoT Link?

OoT Link was in the last two Smash Bros games, so instead of putting him in brawl, they replaced OoT Link with TP Link and OoT young Link with Toon Link. It's a better representation of Zelda games if they put different looking Links in Smash bros anyway, so I don't complain.

I hate this game more because the door wanted me to play the winds realem insead of wind gods aria. :cry: Now I know what to do and now I can beat the game. Now after 3 years of hating it, I don't want to beat it anymore, but I must play it and I don't want to. :cry:

You brought it upon yourself by not being resouceful and checking a guide, so stop complaining about it.