Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why the Fire Temple's Music changed in OoT.

18 posts in this topic

Posted

If you've played an older version of OoT, then you may have heard the music in the Fire Temple(the strange chanting). If you have been to the Fire Temple but haven't heard any strange chanting, it's because you have heard the latest version of the Fire Temple's music. Now, the reason the music has changed is because the original version had Islamic chanting; an Islamic prayer can be heard. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30SIiYnlO88

Due to several complaints, Nintendo changed the theme to the Fire Temple. I can understand why people would be so upset. I mean, Islamic chanting in a video game? Another reason why people might not have wanted something like that in the Fire Temple: the Fire Temple, in a way, represents hell. And Volvagia would represent Satan. Think about it.

Posted (edited)

That versions on my ipod. Best song ever. I love it, but I didn't know it's a chant.

Same thing with Little Big Planet.

Edited by Young Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

That does make sence to tell the truth i like the chanting in the fire temple

Posted

I think they should've keept the chanting. It's the best part of the Fire Temple. They replaced it with a crap version.

Posted

I know. I liked the original one better.

Posted

Nintendo can't make everyone happy. I hated WW for multiple reasons. I complain sometimes, but no matter how hard they try they can't please everyone in the world.

Posted

I don't understand why they put it on there in the first place. They should have known that people would complain once they noticed it. And I think WW was a little too... cartoonish.

Posted

Hmm... I don't believe I've heard it... I have the OoT/MQ disc for Gamecube. I'll listen to it later.

And YLA, that's because they're silly reasons. What's wrong with cel-shaded graphics?

Sorry. I'm normally less critical of others' opinions, but I your many rants against WW have ticked me off, I suppose...

Posted

A bunch of nutjobs who get offended way too easily got offended, and Nintendo had to change it for PR purposes.

Posted

This isn't a theorizable subject.

Moving.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I actually like the new version better. The chanting never appealed to me.

Posted

Now that I think about it, the new version is the old version just without the chanting.

Posted

I really liked the original song in the fire temple. It fitted really well IMO.

Posted

I remember that chanting. When i did my first play through, i thought it was funny. but i was like.. 9 back when i got to fire temple xD

Posted

This is my guess: Ocarina of Time was made by a bunch of Japanese game developers in the 1990's. I doubt that, if they heard the music for the first time, they would have any idea that it was an Islamic chant.

They probably were thinking along these lines:

--------

Game Developer #1: So, what about the music for the Fire temple? What could we do for that?

Game Developer #2: I dunno....I had thought about some sort of tribal chanting thing.

Game Developer #1: Chanting...?

Game Developer #2: Yeah, chanting. The whole volcano thing kind of reminds me of tribal drums, and fire dances, and all that. I found this one track.....it's a bunch of chanting. What do you think?

*plays the track*

Game Developer #1: Hey, that's pretty cool! We can use that!

Game Developer #2: Great! Want to get some sake before we start working on the Water Temple music...?

---------

Aaaaaanyway.....that's just my theory. I doubt they deliberately sought out an Islamic chant to use for the Fire Temple.