Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ocarina of Time Mirror Shield

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah. My versoions have all the changed things. Though why did they change Ganondorfs blood to green? I mean green blood is just as bad as red blood.

Posted

Because it's green, it's less likely to be associated with human blood, and is thus less likely to scare children or offend over-protective parents and stuff....

Posted

The symbol was middle eastern, so they had to change it (and the fire temple chanting) because the religious groups they pertained to were offended and complained to Nintendo.

Posted

Muslums couldn't have let it side? Someone finally gave a damn about religion, and they have to feel insulted?

Posted

I've got a version in N64 with the original shield (the star and moon) and Ganondorf with green blood.

:unsure: interesting

I never really asociated it with islamic people or symbols

Posted

I noticed that the shield was changed, but I didn't know it was an Islamic symbol....

Same here.

But what about green blood.

Why was it changed?

Posted

As Arcane said "Because it's green, it's less likely to be associated with human blood, and is thus less likely to scare children or offend over-protective parents and stuff...."

So I also noticed that the new shield is smaller than the old one. :( That's not very helpful.

Posted

The picture is smaller, not the shield.

Posted

Because it's green, it's less likely to be associated with human blood, and is thus less likely to scare children or offend over-protective parents and stuff....

yea, the whole blood and symbol on the mirror shield thing is because people complain too much about it. they connect it to religious things, so to shut them up, nintendo changed it to the guerudo symbol. and the blood, well that battle has gone on through the ages

Posted

The picture is smaller, not the shield.

Whoops. :embarrassed:

Well I think they also changed the Shadow temple. I heard that it had guillotines, and torcher devices. I think that changed though. Thing is I was afraid of the Shadow Temple, and wasn't paying attention.

Posted

All of them are still there. The guillotines are those giant falling blades you have to pass under, and the torture device is that big wodden X in the room with the invisible floormaster towards the end of the dungeon.

Posted

I have to redo OoT anyway. There's also blood in the Well as well.

Posted

Well I earlier I saw a topic about the Fire Temple music changing in OoT. So I though what other changes were there. Of course there's Ganondorfs green blood, but why did they change the Mirror Shield.

oldmirrorshield.jpg

newmirrorshield.jpg

Why would they change it from a nice looking moon and star to a duck looking thing with a wrench, and bolts in the middle of it?

it does look quite stupid now....... :wacko:

Posted

To tell you the truth, i liked the first symbol better XD