Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Announced

96 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='212434' date='Mar 27 2009, 03:59 PM']Um, [i]bombs[/i] have never exactly screamed Medieval.[/quote]

I totally agree with you, but explosions are cool! Plus it's the fire thing. Fire seems Mideval.
I guess bombs could be made at home or by some ferociously grumpy fat "Bazaar" giving you the stink eye. Trains require a lot of time and a huge amount of manpower, so "independency" is lost in that one.
Zelda is kinda like a rebel game. Heck the Deku Tree says that it's completely and utterly up to you, the chosen one. People in the town think you're a child (or at least an adolescent) and probably laugh at your little mission of destiny. So you're out there by yourself. If bombs aren't independent, trains sure the heck aren't.

So in truth, bombs aren't really old-fashioned, but I'm sure there's lots of other legit reasons that they heavily outweigh the idea of a train.

Posted

[quote name='therushoffloyd' post='212576' date='Mar 28 2009, 12:41 AM']I totally agree with this. I don't really lke the new DSL anyway, the buttons aren't "clicky" like the GBA SP. I doubt they will make it only for the new DS, Zelda tends to stick to "old" consoles and handhelds. I was stoked when I found out I didn't have to buy a Wii to enjoy Twilight Princess. The GC has kinda died off, but they still sold it for that console.[/quote]
I'll say it again:
The DSi is an upgrade of the DS. It's not a separate system. Kind of like the GBA and GBASP. The DSi can do more things, but the games are the same. (Mostly...)

Posted

im still wondering whether this is a sequel to the PH or just a new game.

IS IT? I don't really like PH compared to the other zelda games so im hoping its a new one

I also want a new Zelda game 4 the wii too (although i still prefer gamecube zelda games, which are easier to control Link in)

Posted

[quote name='Arcanelord' post='212631' date='Mar 28 2009, 12:06 PM']I'll say it again:
The DSi is an upgrade of the DS. It's not a separate system. Kind of like the GBA and GBASP. The DSi can do more things, but the games are the same. (Mostly...)[/quote]

Oh! Well in that case, never mind. I don't have a DS, and I thought there were different types of games for the DSL. I do wish they could play the old GBC and GB games like the GBASP. In fact, that's probably the main reason why I haven't been motivated to get one yet! Haha.

Posted

[quote name='Rachel' post='212391' date='Mar 27 2009, 07:28 PM']Dude, it's just like the Wind Waker, but on land! I [i][/i]loved[i][/i] that game, I have it and I play it on a regular basis.

It seems like a [i][/i]pretty[i][/i] cool idea, it's Zelda, and it's someting new. But it doesn't look all that great to be honest. One of the things I admire about Zelda is that it has that kind of feel that makes it seem like you've traveled into the past. Regular life is a lot more simple, plus it has that nice Mideval touch to it that people love. To me, Spirit Tracks has kinda ruined that, as trains were invented around the late 1700s. Train tracks don't have a lot of freedom either, you can go forward on them, or you can go back. Not too many options. I think a lot of people like the freedom of Zelda games, and having tracks leading you where you're supposed to go takes that freedom and the fun of figuring out something away. One last thing, "[i][/i]Spirit Tracks[i][/i]??"
....The name's not convincing me. I think the same thing happened on The Phantom Hourglass, but that name actually sounds pretty cool. I wasn't too impressed with the Zelda games on the DS, and I'm not really referring to gameplay. The "story," I guess you coulc call it, just didn't fit my taste.

But I could be totally wrong. I love Zelda and I have played it for years, and I own all of the original games. Zelda has come a long way and has changed a lot. With Twilight Princess I was a little skeptical, but I gave it a chance and I fell in love with it. I could be mistaking the potential this game has, like many people have done with the Minish Cap. It was the easiest Zelda game I've ever played, but I really like the Kinstone thing. It made it so you could keep playing and discovering new things even after you've beat it. Same thing with the Wind Waker. Allllll that treasure! And a whole bunch of islands that nobody cares about in regards to progress, but they're cool anyway! A lot of people said that the Wind Waker was a childish game, and it makes sense when you compare it to the previous versions like Ocarina of Time or even Oracle of Seasons/Time. But I like the story line, even though Link doesn't look as appealing as Twilight Princess or even Ocarina of Time. :embarrassed:

Just thought I'd put my thoughts out there, I was actually kinda shocked that they'd come out with something so quickly. Well actually it's been 3 years, but it just feels quick. Feel free to comment!!! :n_n:[/quote]

I like new members who make this amount of effort :D

[quote name='The Minish Link' post='212591' date='Mar 28 2009, 01:16 PM']So, I'm guessing this is what Aunuma meant when he said the TP was the last of it's kind?[/quote]

You do realise Phantom Hourglass came out after TP, right?

[quote name='linkester' post='213127' date='Mar 30 2009, 11:32 PM']im still wondering whether this is a sequel to the PH or just a new game.

IS IT? I don't really like PH compared to the other zelda games so im hoping its a new one[/quote]

why would it being a sequel to PH make it any different gameplay wise from any other zelda. The only difference would be that there was the background information from PH and considering PH was almost just a dream, it'll probably spend all of its time referring back to Wind Waker instead.

Personally, I think everyone is being far to skeptical. I'm not saying to hype yourself up or anything, then get yourself disapointed because you expected more than could ever be delivered *cough* TP *cough*, but jeez guys, what's with this mentality? "O, it's on the DS and has trains, it's gonna suck"

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='212434' date='Mar 27 2009, 02:59 PM']Um, [i]bombs[/i] have never exactly screamed Medieval.[/quote]
lol I guess you are right. I guess i can't really explain the Zelda time feeling, but you all know what i mean