Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Announced

96 posts in this topic

Posted

[float][img]http://www.hyrule.net/games/st/spirittracklogo1.jpg[/img][/float]
A new Zelda DS game has just been announced by Iwata at the GDC. More info and a video when we can get ahold of it, but early signs show a lot of similarities to [i]Phantom Hourglass[/i], however link can be seen riding...a train?

"The new The Legend of Zelda™: Spirit Tracks game that Iwata announced will utilise the intuitive touch control of Phantom Hourglass in an all new adventure that will please longtime Zelda™ fans while keeping the game accessible to all DS owners. The concept behind this Zelda game includes utilising a steam locomotive to travel around the world, switching Phantom and Link to explore the dungeons, and solving puzzles using new items." - press.nintendo.com

Screenshots after the jump! CHECK BACK DAILY ON THIS DEVELOPING STORY!

For Better video/audio quality play the video in High Quality by clicking "HQ" at the bottom right next to volume control.
[b]Please also rate the video, comment, and favorite on Youtube to get the video popular.[/b]

------

[url="http://www.hyrule.net/gallery/main.php/v/st/"]Hyrule.net Spirit Tracks Gallery[/url]

Posted

Cool, one can only guess what this game'll have in store for us. But train's gotta run on tracks...Spirit Tracks?

Posted

Oh, puppy.

Nuff' said.

Anyway, looks like an attempt to push towards modernization in the Zelda universe. I don't like where this is heading.

Posted

How to watch it via G4tv?

Source please. :)

Nice to hear though... *Cough* And I will be the first here to play it *Cough*

Posted

You think playing it first is a good thing? I don't think I'll ever play it. I'm not a fan boy after all, so I'll wait until a review.

[url="http://gtshane.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php"]Here[/url]'s the full article about the keynote speech.

Posted

[quote name='Adr990' post='211962' date='Mar 25 2009, 05:41 PM']How to watch it via G4tv?

Source please. :)

Nice to hear though... *Cough* And I will be the first here to play it *Cough*[/quote]

Being a hacker isn't exactly something to boast about, any of us could do it too if we weren't fussed about the integrity of gaming...

Posted

Looks amazing. I can't wait to play it.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65uKGGbOwTg"]Here's[/url] a link to a video that was put up on YouTube.

Posted

Hmm. Doesn't look bad. I have no idea why I automatically forgot about the gameplay outside of the train. :facepalm:

Posted

Here is a better looking version of the trailer, embedded for your convenience.

(Never mind, we've got one up top now)

I like the idea of being able to control Phantoms. That looks cool.

Also, a steam powered train isn't that much more modern than a steam powered boat.

Posted

Yeah, that's what I thought. But... What's with all the land? What is this going to do to the timeline? D:

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='211965' date='Mar 25 2009, 08:05 PM']Being a hacker isn't exactly something to boast about, any of us could do it too if we weren't fussed about the integrity of gaming...[/quote]
Hacker?
Wowowowwoowow....
I don't we understand each other correctly....
I don't hack anything... How can I possible can get a game with hacking??? :wacko:

[quote name='Aethix' post='211968' date='Mar 25 2009, 09:14 PM']Here is a better looking version of the trailer, embedded for your convenience.

I like the idea of being able to control Phantoms. That looks cool.

Also, a steam powered train isn't that much more modern than a steam powered boat.[/quote]
Way better video, I will update I guess.
And... the game looks SOO much like Phantom hour glass... Nothing new I think... same enemy's either...

Posted

This looks like a sequel to phantom hourglass using the same visual style and the phantoms. I say Phantom Hourglass because The Hyrule shown reminds me of that in Wind waker because of the far land of grass and Hyrule castle in the middle. However at the same time Hyrule was flooded at the end of Wind waker. Personally, I'm hoping that this is not another game with Belum I want to see Ganondorf again. I also want a Zelda for Wii. But I'm not complaining I got a new Zelda game to get excited about and that's good enough for me.

Posted

"And... the game looks SOO much like Phantom hour glass... Nothing new I think... same enemy's either..."

This could be the Majoras Mask of Ocarina of Time maybe...? :embarrassed:

Could be in time to come if it is working well with it. :P

No seequail though :o. Land isn't being in PH. :)

Posted

I think the train in this is similar to the boat in Phantom hourglass in that you use it to travel across the vast land that is hyrule and if it isn't a sequel because Hyrule should be flooded perhaps it's a prequel?

Posted

There is a possibility this is a sequel. Maybe.
Could be New Hyrule and Link's laying railroad tracks to travel across it and populate and whatnot.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed; when I saw "New Zelda released" I thought that Nintendo had finally looked at their work and saw it fit to be presented in regards to [i]Zelda Wii[/i]. And I'm also a bit shocked at Link's new occupation. I know Link always has humble beginnings, but a conductor is a bit humorous.
Also, since I still have yet to update my DS Phat and want the DSi, I'm remembering the compatibility issues between games for the systems. I'm thinking that Nintendo might shamelessly make this game just for a sell point in the DSi.

It's not that I'm not excited, it's just that now there's a chance I might just have to get a job and buy the DSi quicker than I wanted to.
Sahaqiel