The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks NEW ZELDA!

112 posts in this topic

Posted

Uhhhh......I have played it. Did I say I hadn't? And I believe that this argument has fallen pray to equivocation, as we are obviously using two different definitions of "hard". And yes, I found it difficult to get the slingshot as the steps required to do so were not extremely obvious. I had to search everywhere and try random stuff to eventually make progress. One of the reasons for this is that TP had much less linear gameplay than previous titles. By this I mean that in PH, you always know when and where you're able to use the grappling hook because the only things you can grab onto are treasure chests and poles, and said objects always look the exactly the same (with slight variations in the chests). in TP, with it's much upgraded graphics, there was a greater variety of interactive options. For example, using the hawk to grab the cradle from the monkey. There is no other point in the game where you have to use a hawk to grab a cradle or anything like a cradle. That makes it unique. And TP is littered with unique interactive occurrences, That made it more difficult to know what to do because you end up thinking you've tried everything. In reality, you get used to recognizing certain structures as things you can use a particular item on. Then, when something comes along that you've never encountered before, you think it's just part of the environment. That's why I thought it was harder.

And I'll give you that, the first boss on MM was way harder than the one from TP. But then again, TP had 9 (really 11 or 12) and MM only 5 (the final with 3 forms).

And Young Link Addict, I mean no offense at all by saying this, but you are either masochistic or a complete idiot. Why would I come to such a conclusion? Well, because if you hated WW and PH AND played all the way through them, then WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU WANT TO GET ANOTHER GAME THAT'S EXACTLY LIKE THEM?! Either that, or you simply enjoy doing things that cause you displeasure. Which is kind of creepy.

Posted

And Young Link Addict, I mean no offense at all by saying this, but you are either masochistic or a complete idiot. Why would I come to such a conclusion? Well, because if you hated WW and PH AND played all the way through them, then WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU WANT TO GET ANOTHER GAME THAT'S EXACTLY LIKE THEM?! Either that, or you simply enjoy doing things that cause you displeasure. Which is kind of creepy.

Nonono. I said when I first beat OoT, I said no matter what I would beat every Zelda game. So weather or not it's bad I'll still play it.

Posted

Then why are you complaining? You keep on saying stuff like, "Woe is me, woe is me, this game is going to suck so bad, and I'm going to play through the entire thing. I hate the cel-shaded Zelda's so much, they suck and I'm going to hate playing the next one all the way through." That's like joining the Navy SEALs and while still training, you make a point to say to everyone you meet that you absolutely HATE the SEALs. There's no reason. You chose to do it, so suck it up.

Posted

^That was before I play WW. I had no clue what I getting into and this was all my blasted fault for saying that after only one damn game.

Posted

Well YLA, sometimes you have to let go of principles.

You are not less of a zelda fan just because you chose to skip the games you find boring.

I found Zelda 2 boring, I will never try to complete it.

So go ahead and judge.

I enjoy Spirit Tracks a lot, the toon graphics, like in WW and PH fits the whimsical style of the game.

Ferrus for example, would never be a beliavable character in a realistic looking game. (Oh em gee, I'm gonna meet the legendary Alfonzo!" "Woot! That's how you do it!")

I didn't like the toon graphics at first, but they have grown on me, and for a portable game, it offers a surprising amount of playtime.

Posted

I'm still on the ocean temple.

Posted

What was to contenue with WW anyway? Link kills Ganondorf. After that Link dies, and a new Link begins, but no Nintendo ruins the cycle with two crap sequils after the worst Zelda game in history.

Link deosn't die. He appears in Phantom Hourglass and he gets saved by the King of the Red Lions wishing for Tetra and Link to be saved. I'm pretty sure WW isn't that bad. You might just be one of the fans that think WW and the sequals are too modorn and a disgrace to the series. You're wrong. The WW's sequals are great game. I've played alttp, it was good so don't think I'm a bad Zelda fan. I'm just saying that you should welcome changes to the series like trains, ships or villians. I'm just saying WW's sequals are good games. I'm not sure about WW but don't think WW and its sequals are a disgrace to the sereis. The only old type Zelda game I played was alttp but I plan on playing MC.

EDIT: There's a typo and I actually played and beat MC.