The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks NEW ZELDA!

112 posts in this topic

Posted

No it won't be considered a fake Zelda game. A Zelda game made by Nintendo is canon whether you like it or not.

Posted

I seen it done with Twisted metal 2 & 3 Fans didn't like them they were made un-Canon of corse if fans hate this Zelda Game it could spell the end of one of the greatest Game seris ever

Posted

Zelda won't end because of one bad game. This game won't be bad.

Posted

Twisted Metal? Seriously? That whole comparison came way outa left field...

Posted

I just saw the new trailer, the game looks AMAZING.:)

Posted

Plus, Spirit Tracks takes place 100's of years after PH. Who knows, the water could have dried up and new worlds emerge?

Posted

I doubt that. The world was flooded, after all. I'd say, like 95%+ of the surface is water. Which brings up the question, where did this land come from? There's obviously quite a bit of land, as there's an extensive train system. You could say that the water was partially dried up, but I think it's unlikely that that's what Nintendo decided on.

Hmmm... Idea: You know how at the end of The Wind Waker

Daphnes broke the "bubble" so the water completely overtook Hyrule? That would make a bit of a drop in sea level... Though probably not enough...

Or... There was a massive mountain before the flood, which would have to be a huge amount bigger than Death Mountain was, since all it made was Dragon Roost... It would also had to already been fairly flat topped, since ST doesn't appear to be perpetually at an incline. I'd say this is unlikely. Volcanic activity formed it? Nah, probably not.

Seems like there must be some supernatural force at work. Maybe the Goddesses decided to make a new land?

Or, because of their obvious technological advances, the land was formed or placed there through science?

Blah. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard.

Also, this is coming from someone who has not read the spoilers, in case it says anything.

Posted

You might be thinking too hard. Perhaps they just sailed around to the other side of the world? Found land and claimed it as Hyrule.

Posted

Its gonna be awesome!

Posted

You know, I think it's important to note here that there in fact two different categories of Zelda games. There's the traditional fixed view 3-D games, and then there's the Alternating view 3-D games. As in, the difference between Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time. But one thing I noticed is that (besides the original LoZ's on the old consoles) all of the fixed view Zelda's have been on hand-helds. Link to the Past, Minish cap, Phantom Hourglass, and now Spirit Tracks. Hand-helds have significantly less computing power than console's. Therefore it would be reasonable to assume that hand-held Zeldas will be of lower quality than Console games. So really, you guys shouldn't be comparing Spirit Tracks to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Instead, you should be comparing it to Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and other hand-held Zeldas.

Just thought I would share that.

Posted

I think, and this is my opinion, that this game will be a joke and make a mockery of the series. I do not have high hopes for this game.

Posted

...you are wrong, then.

Posted

...you are wrong, then.

You would not know a good Zelda game if 1 bit you in the ass.

Posted

Oh really? Tell me little boy, how many Zelda games have you beaten?

Posted

Oh really? Tell me little boy, how many Zelda games have you beaten?

Ok. I have beaten the following games:

Legend of Zelda

Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link:

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I am in the process of completing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.