The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks NEW ZELDA!

112 posts in this topic

Posted

Not a bad list. Which Zelda games, of the ones you've played, would you say are the "good" ones?

I'll tell you, you're already missing out on one. Majora's Mask.

Posted

Not a bad list. Which Zelda games, of the ones you've played, would you say are the "good" ones?

I'll tell you, you're already missing out on one. Majora's Mask.

I did not play Majora's Mask. In my opinion, it was like playing OOT but with Masks.

From my previous list, I found the following masterpieces:

Legend of Zelda

Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

OOT was good but it was but not great in my opinion.

Link's Awakening was OK.

Posted

^That's so wrong. MM is nothing like OoT. It was more than that. It was a great dark game that you're missing out on. You have to see the concept of a game before you judge it.

Posted

OMG are you serious? How is OoT one of your favorite's but "not great"? How is it NOT anyone's favorite? And Majora's Mask? Hello? Have you played through the entire game, including side-quests? If not, you have no ground to stand on. None whatsoever. Once you've completely beaten that game, THEN you can give your oppinion on what you thought of it. Sheesh!! People nowadays..........

And why is TP not on there either? That's almost blasphemy to the name of Zelda. :mask::P

Posted

First of all, I do not play games that do not present a challenge to me. I.E.: Majora's Mask. Yes, I have completed the game including the side-quests. The game, is my honest opinion, was too easy.

I did mention that I was in the process of Completing Twilight Princess. I will post my review once I have completed the game.

Posted

I've beaten:

Zelda

Zelda II

A Link to the Past

Ocarina of Time

Link's Awakening

Majora's Mask

Wind Waker

Phantom Hourglass

Season/Ages

Minish Cap

Four swords/Adventures

Twilight Princess

So I think I can form a good opinion of whether or not Spirit Tracks is good, based off of other Zelda games.

First of all, I do not play games that do not present a challenge to me. I.E.: Majora's Mask. Yes, I have completed the game including the side-quests. The game, is my honest opinion, was too easy.

I did mention that I was in the process of Completing Twilight Princess. I will post my review once I have completed the game.

First of all, you have not played Majora's Mask, so how can you know if it is challenging or not? Also, Twilight Princess? You're kidding me if you think that's more challenging than Majora's Mask.

Posted

Give me some F***in credit. This is my first time playing TP. So, to me, I find the game challenging.

Posted

And this is your 0th time playing Spirit Tracks. I will give you no puppying credit.

Jk <3

Posted

Um, TP WAS more challenging than MM. Like, completely. MM: 5 Dungeons. TP: 9 Dungeons. That alone should say something. And also, ClassicZeldaFan80, you specifically stated in a previous post that you hadn't played MM. Are you contradicting yourself on purpose? Or are you just lying?

Oh yeah, and um, isn't the point of playing a GAME to have fun? Nobody plays a game to NOT have fun, or anything realted to that. Even professional gamers actually enjoy the games they play. I mean, yeah, if it was ridiculously easy it would be significantly less fun. But the game was still a challenge. And after all, if you really are a "Classic Zelda Fan", then you would like any and every LoZ game even to a small degree.

Posted

I'm going to buy ST even though I'm not going to have fun. So would you like to restate that?

Posted

I..............don't exactly get your point. First of all, you don't know that you're going to have no fun. And second, you're saying that simply to attempt to poke a hole in my argument. And it isn't working. Because, even if you could tell the future, no one in their right mind goes out and buys a game for the purpose of NOT having fun. And if you're still not convinced, try looking up the word game in the dictionary. You'll see that there is no reference to games being used to not have fun. A.K.A. no reference to game being used ti inflict pain on yourself. Which is masochistic.

Posted

Um, TP WAS more challenging than MM. Like, completely. MM: 5 Dungeons. TP: 9 Dungeons. That alone should say something.

So, number of dungeons = challenge? Okay. Ocarina of Time must be pretty damn hard then.

Posted

Please notice that I said "that alone should say something." As in, the mere fact that it has so many dungeons means it's harder. But that also implies that that is not the ONLY reason why. Another reason is that the time it takes and the quests involved between dungeons is considerably longer than any other LoZ game (at least the ones I've played). As an example: Majora's Mask first temple: Chase the Skull kid, get the lost fairy, get the magic meter, find all the bombers, get into observatory and get moon tear, trade it to Deku, wait till third night and get to top of clocktower, hit Skull kid and get the Ocarina and go back in time, leave Clocktown and go to Southern Swamp, find the WItch in the Woods of Mystery, get the potion from the other witch, find her again and heal her with the potion, take the swamp cruise, go to the Deku palace and see captured monkey, sneak around and learn the Sonata of Awakening, get to the Woodfall place, play the song and enter the Temple.

PHEW!! so getting to the first temple took 17 steps. NOW let's look at TP. Actually I don't remember all the steps cuz there were so many, but I know you do the stuff at the ranch, and you hav to get the slingshot, and that alone took about 6 or 7 steps, you then have to go in search of the monkey and free it, then you talk to Ilia about Epona, then I think you go into the Twilight place and get captured, you meet Midna, and you have to make your way aaaaaaaall the way through Hyrule castle and meet Zelda, then you have to go back to Ordon and get the sword and shield, then you go into Faron woods to get the Tears of Light, then you're human and you make your way through Faron woods again, and FINALLY you enter the Forest Temple. SO..............that's like, what, 25 or 30 steps? Give or take.

Now if you compare 17 to 30 (Thirty being nearly double) and the time it takes to complete each individual step, you will find that TP is, at least in the very beginning, much harder than majora's Mask in te very beginning.

Posted

I..............don't exactly get your point. First of all, you don't know that you're going to have no fun. And second, you're saying that simply to attempt to poke a hole in my argument. And it isn't working. Because, even if you could tell the future, no one in their right mind goes out and buys a game for the purpose of NOT having fun. And if you're still not convinced, try looking up the word game in the dictionary. You'll see that there is no reference to games being used to not have fun. A.K.A. no reference to game being used ti inflict pain on yourself. Which is masochistic.

Yay it's lesson time once again with YLA exept this will be the short 1 line verse because I'm too sick to type.

I hate WW and I hate PH. ST is a sequel and makes it the same style thus knowing I will hate this game. I'd give you detail, but check around. As I said I don't feel good so I can't type very well.

Posted

Please notice that I said "that alone should say something." As in, the mere fact that it has so many dungeons means it's harder. But that also implies that that is not the ONLY reason why. Another reason is that the time it takes and the quests involved between dungeons is considerably longer than any other LoZ game (at least the ones I've played). As an example: Majora's Mask first temple: Chase the Skull kid, get the lost fairy, get the magic meter, find all the bombers, get into observatory and get moon tear, trade it to Deku, wait till third night and get to top of clocktower, hit Skull kid and get the Ocarina and go back in time, leave Clocktown and go to Southern Swamp, find the WItch in the Woods of Mystery, get the potion from the other witch, find her again and heal her with the potion, take the swamp cruise, go to the Deku palace and see captured monkey, sneak around and learn the Sonata of Awakening, get to the Woodfall place, play the song and enter the Temple.

PHEW!! so getting to the first temple took 17 steps. NOW let's look at TP. Actually I don't remember all the steps cuz there were so many, but I know you do the stuff at the ranch, and you hav to get the slingshot, and that alone took about 6 or 7 steps, you then have to go in search of the monkey and free it, then you talk to Ilia about Epona, then I think you go into the Twilight place and get captured, you meet Midna, and you have to make your way aaaaaaaall the way through Hyrule castle and meet Zelda, then you have to go back to Ordon and get the sword and shield, then you go into Faron woods to get the Tears of Light, then you're human and you make your way through Faron woods again, and FINALLY you enter the Forest Temple. SO..............that's like, what, 25 or 30 steps? Give or take.

Now if you compare 17 to 30 (Thirty being nearly double) and the time it takes to complete each individual step, you will find that TP is, at least in the very beginning, much harder than majora's Mask in te very beginning.

Lol you think it's hard to get the slingshot.

Steps make no sense, man. That doesn't gauge the level of difficulty. It may have been tedious and time consuming, but Twilight Princess wasn't hard. Compare the first boss from TP and the first boss from Majora's Mask and then we'll talk. Also, how do you know how many "steps" are in Majora's Mask if you haven't played it? I call bs on you.