A TRAIN? REALLY!?!?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

You're right. Also it was announced at the same thing as ST was. If ST looks good, how much you want to bet that it's nothing like the game.

Haven't you been saying it looks bad?

I'm 100% positive that it isn't a joke and there will be a train. I will give you 1,000 karma points if that turns out to be false, because that would be one helluva prediction. If I'm right, how about you give me 3 karma points. Deal?

Posted

Deal. If they say it isn't real by the end of tomarrow (my time) then I give you 3 karma points. You won't get the points until April 2nd my time.

Posted

Alrighty.

Posted

Nothing besides the fact that trains weren't around in Midevil times. Besides guns came before trains. So guns have to be in the game too.

See gun came before trains. There's no way around it.

The Romans could've invented the train if they'd actually realised a use for steam power. They worked it out and made little fancy trinkets with it, but never used it to go anywhere

However, I reiterate what I said in another thread that no-one moaned about the steamboat in PH, which is the same concept....

Posted

The Romans could've invented the train if they'd actually realised a use for steam power. They worked it out and made little fancy trinkets with it, but never used it to go anywhere

However, I reiterate what I said in another thread that no-one moaned about the steamboat in PH, which is the same concept....

A boat is a boat, but a train is... Well it's not a boat. They had boats in medieval times. No one said anything about steam powered being a bad concept.

Posted

So...you're saying trains are bad because they aren't boats?

That's like saying planes are bad because they aren't cars...which means absolutely nothing...

Posted

*pounds fists on table in glee* Steam-punk! Steam-punk! :D

I don't think the idea of using trains in this installment of the Zelda series is such a bad thing. I was bewildered when the Wind Waker had a camera as one of the items. But all a train needs to work is a furnace, someone mechanically minded to build it, and tracks. Shovel coal into the furnace, and it will be converted into power. It's not rocket science.

If you think about it, the Zelda universe has never been technologically equal with our own universe. Since the beginning, there have been bombs used in the series. Imagine that; a Castle-dwelling, magic-filled world that has discovered gunpowder, and all they have created out of it are bombs. So guns really are not that far ahead. But of course bombs were only put into the game so that players would have the satisfaction of blowing things up. Never mind that they don't belong in a vaguely European medieval society.

Posted

A boat is a boat, but a train is... Well it's not a boat. They had boats in medieval times. No one said anything about steam powered being a bad concept.

you do realise a train is basically a steam powered wagon, right?

And they had wagons AGES ago (including other Zelda games)

Posted

So...you're saying trains are bad because they aren't boats?

That's like saying planes are bad because they aren't cars...which means absolutely nothing...

you do realise a train is basically a steam powered wagon, right?

And they had wagons AGES ago (including other Zelda games)

I give up.

The last thing I will say about this is that trains are way more modern than boats, and wagons.

Posted

EXACTLY

I don't see what everyone's problem is, why is the train necessarily going to be bad? Please explain!

Well the train thing isn't necessarily horrible, but it doesn't sound too cool to most Zelda fans because it's something different. There have been a lot of Zelda games, and people like how they all relate to each other and are similar in gameplay and the all around "feel" of the game. A train isn't really something that first pops into your head when you think of Zelda, more like swords and shields and monsters to fight and magic and triforce and stuff. It's just change, and some people, including myself, think that the particular kind of change might ruin a new game. But with Zelda, many find it's best to wait and see what happens.

idk, It might turn out to be an awesome game, but from the sounds of it so far, kinda "eh..."

Posted

There's a reason trains were originally referred to as steam engines. The only thing separating trains from wagons is a steam engine, just like the only thing separating steamboats from boats is a steam engine. It's not a "modern" idea at all, and certainly not complex.

Thus: if you think a train is too "new" for Zelda, you are flatout wrong.

Posted

I'm still sure it's a fake game.

Posted

Then April Fools Day made a fool out of you.

Posted (edited)

Haven't you been saying it looks bad?

I'm 100% positive that it isn't a joke and there will be a train. I will give you 1,000 karma points if that turns out to be false, because that would be one helluva prediction. If I'm right, how about you give me 3 karma points. Deal?

young link addict wasn't being hypocritical, they were making a point. If something like this has happened before (uh, hello, Twilight Princess had an amazingly backwards trailer compared to the actual game that came out) then why wouldn't it happen again? Earlier in this very topic, I learned that there had been some kind of a monster thing that didn't exist in the game, the spider thing never happened, and the graphics of TP were totally re-done. If super important things like the plot and monsters and the entire look of the game were changed, then don't put your life on this next one staying exactly the way the first trailer is. If I were you, I wouldn't bet 1,ooo karma points on it either.

Karma points are for things that can really effect you, like going outside and kicking a dog, then the next day you fail a test or lose your job. When a video game (an awesome one, don't get me wrong) doesn't turn out the way you want it to, it's probably not going to take drastic measures on your life.

Edited by therushoffloyd (see edit history)

Posted

You're an idiot.