Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spirit Tracks Plot Theories

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Since the trailer was shown at GDC, there has been much skepticism and prejudice about Spirit Tracks. The reality is, nobody knows anything about it. What I think we should do here is try and come up with a possible plot for this game that would make it amazing. Or, if your feeling rather pessimistic, you can choose to think of a plot that would make this game outrageously terrible and corny. Or both.

I came up with one a few days ago:

Okay, I've officially watched the trailer 50 billion times and I think I have an idea to the story...or at least what I hope the story is.

Be warned though I think it might be a bit far fetched

It's the VERY beginning of hyrule and all that exists is Hyrule castle and a bunch of random enemies. Zelda has given Link the task of going across this open land to [expand]. He must claim each area of land by going through the dungeon and defeating the boss. However Hyrule is very big so Link gets a magical train :wacko: Phantoms I think are created as some sort of thing that were meant to help Link but end up turning against him and Hyrule either sometime during this game (possibly at the end) or in the sequel we know is coming and at that point they are locked away until Phantom Hourglass.

THAT is my far fetched, ridiculous explanation for this trailer. Feel free to look at this again once we know more about this game and tell me how wrong I was.

Adding to that, Ganondorf could appear and start wreaking havoc. Or, if that doesn't make sense with your timeline theory (it certainly doesn't with mine) Ganondorf could come from the future of Hyrule and try to take it over from the beginning.

It's a little weird but anything is possible at this point.

Edited by Jared! (see edit history)

Posted

Maybe it's a prequel to Phantom Hourglass/Wind Waker.

Posted (edited)

^More likely^

Yeah and technology works back from trains, how?

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

^More likely^

Yeah and technology works back from trains, how?

A magic spirit...

Link is like wtf is this..

And than that look a like link guy will say something like:

This is the magic horse... the spirtes gave it too me...

Doom here and there

Go find the other spirits..

DODOD you have all the spirits... dada... waiting for next zelda game...

Posted

Maybe it's a prequel to Phantom Hourglass/Wind Waker.

But why does Link look the same? It must be the new Hyrule KoRL was talking about.

Posted

Speculative theories don't go in the theory section, oh ho ho.

May seem contradictory, but there's a big difference.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Who cares, let's actually play the game before we come up with theories.

Posted

Who cares, let's actually play the game before we come up with theories.

Whats the point in that! :wacko: There'd be no subjects to theorize except missing plot links!

Posted

Well, I'd say...

Didn't the King tell Link and Zelda in WW to find a new land? Well, they may have tried to. However, the action of PH took place first and Link had to save Tetra...

I'd say that ST takes place right after PH... Zelda/Tetra and Link finally found a new island... however, this island was so huge, that they need trains in order to connect different parts of this new huge island.

I have no idea what the actual action in ST may be, but I think that this might be something like the prologue. ^_^

Posted

PH didn't make sense. Was it a dream or what? Also it can't and I repeat can't be a prequel seeing as even before WW the land was underwater. I looks like it's all land. Now I could be wrong, but I'm sure I'm not.

Posted

Perhaps in the beginning Link plays some sort of messenger role, serving Princess Zelda? I think I remember a scene of him kneeling before her while she read a letter.

Posted

Maybe he got demoted from hero to mailman.

Posted

PH didn't make sense. Was it a dream or what? Also it can't and I repeat can't be a prequel seeing as even before WW the land was underwater. I looks like it's all land. Now I could be wrong, but I'm sure I'm not.

Oops sorry, I think you misunderstood me...

When I said that "it might be a prologue", I was talking about Zelda and Link searching for new land, just as the King told them to do in WW. So ST should be a sequel of PH, not a prequel.

Posted

Also it can't and I repeat can't be a prequel seeing as even before WW the land was underwater. I looks like it's all land. Now I could be wrong, but I'm sure I'm not.

What?

It was under water before WW starts, but there was a time when it wasn't...