Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first impression of Spirit Tracks

45 posts in this topic

Posted

What was your first impression of Spirit Tracks?

Posted

Needs more gameplay videos.

Posted

I agree, but I was hoping for Zelda Wii, I'll admit. I'm disappointed but I'll get it nonetheless.

Posted

Voted the last one. Cel-shade or no cel-shade it didn't look like a good game. Good game or bad game it's still a Zelda so we might as well take it or leave it.

Eitherway it's still close to April 1st. I still think it's a joke.

Posted

I thought What a Train Isn't the zelda games suppose to be like a medieval themed game but i am kinda hopeing its this years zelda joke

Posted

Zelda is not strictly medieval. Bombs and the hookshot don't seem to be very ancient tools.

Posted

when i saw this i was so happy but a bit weird out by the train thing. i watched the trailer a few more times and now feel really good about the train idea. LOOKS SO AWESOME!

Posted

A train is...okay. I'm glad they're finally showing development of technology in Hyrule, but I'm not too fond of it so far.
I'll most likely end up getting it anyways, it's a Zelda title. .-. I'll just wait for more info.

Posted

It seems to me as though hyrule is discovering steam power. In phantom hourglass you used a steam paddle boat, and spirit tracks obviously has the same cel-shaded style as WW and phantom hourglass, so if it isn't a joke then perhaps the world of hyrule is advancing as the flood waters recede. anyway, looks like it'll probably play like phantom hour glass and will probably be about as long, so i'll get it to tide me over for part of the wait for zelda wii.

Posted

It's no prank, Especially if they showed it at GDC. It's just more proof that Zelda (as a whole) is an evolving entity. Horses and boats make way for trains.

Posted

"Alright!But,what about Zelda Wii?"

Posted

At first I thought it looked a bit lame, but yet, it is a Zelda title so I probably wont be. After seeing a little of the game play videos I felt a little better about it. I am also waiting for Zelda Wii. I'm glad, though, that they are making more Zelda games on the DS. Honestly I would be really excited for a New Super Mario 2 or similar.

Posted

How do we know that the Zelda Wii isn't a lie?

It's eather that, or they needed a filler. What ever the case, couldn't they have give us something better?

Posted

I need to see more before I can pass judgment. It looks kind of... Well, I don't think it looks that great, but who knows? It's Zelda. I'm pretty sure it'll turn out to be a fun game.

Posted

As long as the Zelda games don't go anywhere near to becoming modern. Zelda games are supposed to be escapism, and having a zelda game with modern technology sort of limits that experience. I'm not entirely focusing on the train system for Spirit Tracks, just saying that I hope it won't happen for future games.