Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first impression of Spirit Tracks

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't wait. I think its gonna be awesome. Its a zelda game. seriously... give me a zelda game that wasn't awesome. you can't judge a game by the first trailer.

Posted

One question, are they still working on Zelda Wii?

Posted

QUOTE (Knockdown @ Mar 30 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One question, are they still working on Zelda Wii?

Yeah, they have two zelda teams working on two games. DS team is, obviously, working on spirit tracks and the Wii team is developing their game. Apparently it started development a month or two before twilight princess came out.

Posted

As long as they don't overdo the mechanical stuff, I'll probably get it as soon as it's out.

Posted

ok a train now nintendo has lost me but that pin wheel item looks good

Posted

Doesn't look too bad. I like seeing technology advance, and maybe we'll know if Link and Tetra finally found their new land like King Hyrule said they should in TWW. Afterall, Tetra was wearing her royal garb in what little we saw of the game. Well, that is if the game does indeed take place in TWW/PH times. They could just be recycling designs, but I doubt it.

Besides, PH's stylus controls were awesome. I'm so glad to see another DS Zelda.

Posted

QUOTE (Zeruda @ Mar 29 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't look too bad. I like seeing technology advance, and maybe we'll know if Link and Tetra finally found their new land like King Hyrule said they should in TWW. Afterall, Tetra was wearing her royal garb in what little we saw of the game. Well, that is if the game does indeed take place in TWW/PH times. They could just be recycling designs, but I doubt it.

Besides, PH's stylus controls were awesome. I'm so glad to see another DS Zelda.

You consistently make me happy with your posts.

I agree :zelda:

I'm staying positive, let the train roll on. Perhaps Link needs a little more linear way of travel.

Posted

I think its great they have a train - its pushing zelda in a new direction - they've already used feet, horses, boats, flight & teleportation. Some have been used many games over. Trains are still a very old-school form of transport, plus its not like the next zelda game will have lasers and be all futuristic and crap

Posted

QUOTE (Haviklink @ Mar 29 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait. I think its gonna be awesome. Its a zelda game. seriously... give me a zelda game that wasn't awesome. you can't judge a game by the first trailer.

I can name 2. Wind Waker, and Phantom Hourglass.

I'm not kidding they weren't awesome. WW was too hard, and too boring. PH was too short, and was not fun at all.

Posted

A Zelda game that wasn't awesome? I'd disagree with you YLA when it comes to WW, but I don't think PH was "awesome" I thought it was good. Other than that...Zelda II? Although the challenge of the game is awesome in itself.

Posted

I have yet to have Nintendo disappoint me with a Zelda game. No Zelda game that they've produced has ever made me want to throw it out of my collection for any reason, and I'll be happily waiting at launch for my copy of this. With all the nay-sayers and unsure people for the game, I guess there won't be many people there, haha.

Still, before I can make FULL judgment on my thoughts for the train, I'll need more footage. People have drawn too many conclusions that this is going to suck, yet we've only seen 2 minutes of the game. That's definitely not enough to say this is going to be the first awful Zelda game that Nintendo ever made.

Posted

I'll probably play it, but I was hoping for Zelda Wii.

Really,
The Wii never really had it's own Zelda game... Think about it... :o

I would also love a another BIG Hi-Res Zelda game... :)
That is even more awesome than Twilight Princess... :D

Posted

Innitially I was like WTF, but then quickly calmed my nerves and realized that no one can really judge this yet, we've seen and heard nothing besides whats on a 2 minute (or so) trailer.

Posted

QUOTE (Adr990 @ Mar 30 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really,
The Wii never really had it's own Zelda game... Think about it... :o

That's not true. What about TP?

Posted

QUOTE (Young Link Addict @ Mar 30 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's not true. What about TP?

TP was originally made for the GameCube.. but they 'redid' it for the Wii by redoing the controls and flipping the map...