LoZ Spirit Tracks Discussion: Trains

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, I've seen quite a lot of people see link on a train and immeadiately proclaim that the new game will be rubbish, yes, having a train will ruin it all *facepalm* (Aside: I never saw anyone moaning about Linebeck's steamboat and it's basiccally the same thing, just on tracks).

However, the train is there to play some part in the game and story, so what role do you think that is?

Due to the subtitle also referencing the train, I reckon the train will be used for more than just transportation. Everyone seems to think the train will just replace the steamboat, but that seems far too simple as it could well be playing a mjaor part in the game. I don't think Nintendo would've put it in the game if they didn't think it would work and with the game due out later this year, they must be pretty far into the development cycle.

Posted

I'm sure the train will be more than just a train (ex: the boat in WW). With LoZ games there is always more than what meets the eye

Posted

I don't think it's rubbish because of the train. It doesn't look like a good game. The train just adds something that doesn't have anything to do with midevil times. I mean if they have trains then they should have guns because guns came before trains. Am I right?

Posted

I don't think it's rubbish because of the train. It doesn't look like a good game. The train just adds something that doesn't have anything to do with midevil times. I mean if they have trains then they should have guns because guns came before trains. Am I right?

Since when does fantasy have to follow reality?

Posted

Never, but still. Gun before trains is "modern."

Posted

What? I think you mean realistic and Zelda has never been realistic as far as I can tell.

Also, I gave you 3 karma for that post, Zeldafancs. Made my day.

Posted

what makes it not look like a good game then?

Posted

The cel shading and rubbish reasons like that. YLA has always hated that and he didn't like PH either. I see no reason why he should like this any more than that.

Posted

It hurts his eyes and gives him headaches to look at such gorgeous graphics.

Posted

The cel shading and rubbish reasons like that. YLA has always hated that and he didn't like PH either. I see no reason why he should like this any more than that.

Dude it's true. I'm not f***king kidding. It annoys the s*** outta me the way people think my posts are lame because of those reasons. Also PH wasn't that great of a game to begin with. Not to mintion the fact that it was too short, and too easy.

It hurts his eyes and gives him headaches to look at such gorgeous graphics.

One man's gorgeous is one man's crap.

Posted

One man's gorgeous is one man's crap.

Seriously?

Posted

Seriously?

Yes. The graphics are crap. They're so bright and colorful. Besides it was such a bad game if you gave it realistic graphics I still wouldn't play it again.

Posted

So vast amounts of playtime, colorful and creative places, and tons of humor and minigames are a bad thing?

Then I don't want good games.

Posted

I want only a thiing: Nintendo, don't "futurize" the Zelda games. When I saw Linebeck's steamship I said okay. Now, I see the train and I agree.

Okay, that's good, but, preales Nintendo, in the next Zelda i don't want to see ANY master shotgun, any scooter called Epona, any car, any plane or NOTHING ALIKE.

Posted

....They're so bright and colorful.....

I dont necessarily agree with the crap part, but I will say that bringing bright graphics to Zelda is kind of an oxymoron, considering the plot generally has a dark theme. Thats why I'm not a complete fan of the cell shaded games, but i dont think they have disappointed me as far as the plot and game play goes