Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Magic: The Gathering

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I know it's like, the oldest card game ever, but I've started looking at it on the website and Youtube videos, and it looks really cool (at least, compared to 5-year-olds' card games like Pokemon or Yugioh). I was thinking about going down to Mind Games some time this weekend and buying a Core deck. Who else here plays it? I'm downloading the online version right now, so I can have a couple of games when it's finished. I'll tell you if I suck or not in about an hour and a half!

Posted (edited)

Way to trudge up old memories. We used to play that game every recess in Elementary school. Lets see 1993 so I must have been in 6th grade. Between that and Pogs (god what a waste of money those were) we were playing every recess, that was until the ban. Same religious bullshit "Oh it magic, a tool of Satan kids shouldn't play that". In Junior high we played at lunch sometimes and then it just kinda faded in popularity. I had always considered myself an individual, but I admit I bought into some fads. Magic Cards, Pogs, Yo-yo's. Still have my decks around somewhere. I was a "controller" but most of my friends were "Aggro's" no strategy, just attack, attack, attack.

Edited by The Doctor (see edit history)

Posted

I play sometimes with my friends. It's good fun. Expensive, though.

Posted

I don't have that many cards. (Not quite to decks worth? Maybe?) nor do I have anyone to play it with, but I like it.

Posted

I still occasionally play MtG with my roommate.

Super fun game! :joy:

Posted

I play with friends occasionally. We were playing it quite frequently a few months back, then stopped completely, for awhile, but now it's back within our little group.

I play white. I've never created a deck where white wasn't a main color. I originally had a single white deck based around protection, but at the moment I have two decks, a white samurai deck, and a white and green life-gaining and offense deck. My protection cards have kind of amalgamated with my two current decks.

Posted

Also the users Tai and Django play.

Posted

I'm a blue player, although at the moment my deck has all the colors. I don't have enough cards.... White is my second favorite.

Posted (edited)

I still play. Only at school though because non of my other friends still have cards. What a bad habit for a collage student to have.....

I play a Green/White Deck

Edited by Master_Ickolas (see edit history)

Posted

I play, mostly black/wurm decks.. Sadly, my cards were sold by my father. :cry: I allowed him to after noone that I knew, besides my parents, played and I let them collect dust. Ironically, about a year after I sold them, I met a guy that plays. And I was... angry... and saddened :(