Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The DSi

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have some juicy questions that we all want to know! These questions are for all DSi owners.

1 It is currently priced at 170$ in North America, how long will this price last? And once it goes up to 200$ is it there to stay?

2 On the Nintendo DS Lite if you touch the left side of the touch screen and touch the right side at the same time the ds screen see's it as one big finger instead of two. On the nintendo ds lite it was impossible for it to detect you touching two places at once. So on the DSi can you touch two spots at once on the touch screen and it count as two different touch's?

3 I heard that the dsi camera is crudy. Is it crummy and pixelated?

4 Can you make a video and send it to other dsi's?

5 Will the DSi have its own games that you won't be able to play on the DS Lite?

6 Is there a small or large difference in the graphics of the dsi?

7 They said that the screen is less than 3 in. bigger. . . is that even noticeable or is it about the same?

8 How much will DSi games cost? And what's the average DSi Ware cost?

9 Can you play Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Color/Pocket games on the DSi?

10 The Nintendo DS Lite had a horrible wifi receiver. Does the DSi have a more advanced Internet receiver?

11 Does the DSi have DSi channels that they will add like the wii?

12 Now this question is the most important one! The Nintendo DSi system gives children and teens free unlimited and unmonitored access to the Internet! Now this seems like it will be a problem since many mothers don't want to let their child loose with the Internet and them not being able to see what they're doing! So my final question is; Can a parent password or restrict use of Internet on the DSi like you can on the wii?

Edited by Zeldafan (see edit history)

Posted

1: Odds are, the price will be pretty much the same for at least the next couple of years.

2: The DSi can still only sense one touch at a time.

3: The DSi's camera has a resolution of 640x480. This is above the resolution of the DSi's screens, so you will not notice any pixelation there. However, the camera is not built for you to be able to print out high-resolution photos, so you may want to use a better camera for important photos. The DSi's camera is more of a toy.

4: Not yet, but there may be software updates or applications that allow you to do that.

5: Yes, there are currently DSi-exclusive applications that must be downloaded through it's shop channel. Also, there will be DSi-exclusive cartridge games that are only compatible with the DSi and DSi-enhanced games that will play on a regular DS but take advantage of the DSi's new features, such as internal memory. I have a feeling that the upcoming new Warioware game, Warioware Myself, which allows users to create their own minigames, will allow saving to the DSi's memory.

6&7: The screen is slightly larger. It is noticeable, but it doesn't jump out at you. The resolution is the same, so the graphics of the games don't really improve, but they are easier to see.

8: DSi games will probably cost about the same as regular DS games. DSiWare applications are divided into four categories: free, 200 points, 500 points, and 800 points or more. I do not expect to see many, if any at all, DSiware games that cost more than 1000 points. (with 100 points being equal to one dollar)

9: Not right now, but there are rumors of a "virtual handheld", that will allow you to download old Gameboy games, maybe even Gameboy Advanced. If not, you could probably use homebrew to install an emulator and play Gameboy Advanced games that way.

10: The Lite's wifi isn't quite "horrible", but yes, the DSi has improved wifi. Unfortunately, non-DSi-enhanced software will not be able to take advantage of it, so online play of those games will be the same as on the older DS models.

11: Yes, it comes packaged with a game card channel, a shop channel, a photo channel, a music channel, a pictochat channel, and a DS download play channel. It is worth noting that the game card channel and download play are the exact same as on the original DS model, and the only addition to Pictochat is a rainbow-colored pen.

12: Yes, the DSi comes with an option for parental controls that will restrict internet access and shop channel use. I think you can even restrict access to old DS games, but I can't be sure of that.

Posted

Ohhhhhhh, daaaaaaaamn.

PICTO CHAT, THERE'S NOW A RAINBOW PEN.

DJKLFNKL;SDFJKLGNFSDKLGJFNGDFNKLFGKL;NGFSDKLGNSDFNKGFGKGSDFJLGNSDFKLJGNSDFKGNDFL

KGNLFKDSJGNSDFKGNSFDKGNKLSDF

Posted

The DS Download Play on the DSi is hilarious. It is EXACTLY the same as on the previous two models. EXACTLY. No change whatsoever (although it does look different because of the screen size) It hasn't even changed for the new menu style. It's as if Nintendo was trying to be lazy.

Posted

Or maybe they were trying to make it more compatible with previous DS models. Does it even really matter?