City life or countryside?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I personally prefer an urban setting. All the places I've lived in had a population of at least a million people (and next to the Pacific Ocean, but oh, we digress), and I've always preferred it that way. For some reason, I just don't think I'd do well in a small town (or withou the ocean nearby).

Posted

City. I find the country-side rather boring. Not enough people, places, technology, etc...

Posted

Country, especially if it's a good community. I can't picture myself in a big city where there's no open land for miles.

Posted

I live in a small town in CT. It's not really that rural, though. I like it, and I think living in an even more rural area would be cool, but I don't know about the city. I'd have to live in one for a while to decide. I plan on doing so.

Posted

I'm near a small town and it's mostly countryside. I'm next to the sea though, so it's got that advantage.

Posted (edited)

I want to live in the middle of nowhere, living off the land in a small house with some cattle or something.

Seriously.

That probably won't ever happen, though. :(

I'd also like to try living in the city, though. And considering I'd like to try to be a musician that would make things a hell of a lot easier.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

I like Canberra. Not too big, not too small.

But anyway, if I had to choose I would say countryside. I love the open spaces and the nice, fresh air. I hate going to places with too many people there, like the city.

Posted (edited)

What I like about the city is that there are so many opportunities to people watch. I like sitting down and watching people go on with their daily lives. For some reason I've always thought it was interesting. Like when I lived in Japan, there were so many places where I could just sit down, take a break and watch the crowds go by, simply because there were so many people living in such a small area.

But at the same time, I can imagine why someone would prefer a small village or something. The idea of a place where you know everyone, everything is slow paced and no one seems to be in a rush to get anywhere does sound nice. However, because there's so little people gossip goes around fast. And I'm a guy who loves to talk smack. :P

My parents grew up in very different settings in the Philippines. My mom lived right in the middle of Manila and my dad grew up in the rural outskirts of a pretty small city where his family owned fishing ponds. When we went back a few years ago and visited both places, they didn't really appreciate the other's setting. xp

Edited by SirJoshizzle (see edit history)

Posted

I have the same kind of interest as you there. You like watching crowds go by and I like watching everything go by in the countryside. Just staring across the trees and watching the fields.

Posted

City life. I live in the countryside, and I hate it. Every one thinks your a farmer. I'm not a farmer. Also I get allergies from almost everything.

Posted (edited)

Im stuck in a suburb like area, But i prefer the country. More tasty animals to hunt.

Because there are no tasty animals in the city.

Edited by Grandmaster Phoenix (see edit history)

Posted

Depends on your definition of "tasty animal"... :unsure:

(I kid)

Posted

No tasty animals?

Pfft.

Look at your arm for a few seconds.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I like the city for the simple reason that when nothing is happening, I tend to get restless. I need constant action.

The country, however, is wonderful sometimes. It's beautiful; simply what God created without any of our man-made machines. My family owns about 99 acres or so outside of D'Hanis, and I like going out there every so often. We used to have cattle, but we had to sell them because of a rather long drought. We'll get more soon, I think.

Anyway, I like both, but I couldn't live in the country. Not enough action.

Posted

City fo' shizzle