City life or countryside?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like I'm in the minority.

Posted (edited)

City life. I live in the countryside, and I hate it. Every one thinks your a farmer. I'm not a farmer. Also I get allergies from almost everything.

What state do you live in? Just out of curiosity. I live in Connecticut and I've been called a farmer too. Jokingly, of course. I think they are just teasing you.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

I live in a small/average size town with a nice and familiar layout and a good community. There's not necessarily a huge countryside outside of town, but there's some. We've got the Mississippi Delta 2 hours away if you want that kind of thing.

I guess I'd say I'm sandwiched between rural and urban areas. We've got Memphis to the north and the country to the south. Not a bad place to be. It all mixes in here and makes a great life.

Posted

What state do you live in? Just out of curiosity. I live in Connecticut and I've been called a farmer too. Jokingly, of course. I think they are just teasing you.

Ohio. They might be joking, but seriously almost everyone who lives here is a farmer.

Posted (edited)

That's what happens when you live in parts of the country known more for it's agricultural input than anything else.

Then again, I'm from California, which produces a good portion of the country's produce. But of course, California is more well known for it's commercial industry.

Edited by SirJoshizzle (see edit history)

Posted

I've lived in Seoul, Korea for most of my life, so I prefer city life. The city air seems to have something that I can't describe, but country air doesn't seem to have that feeling. In summer, I like taking walks in the night in crowded streets of Seoul and think, "Oh yeah, this is life."

Posted

I did live in the cold woods of Norway for 12 years. It really wasn't that much fun. Now I live in Oslo, not a huge city, but big enough for me. It's pretty cool here.

Posted

Ooh, I'd love to visit Seoul at some point in my life. If not just for the pop culture. :P

I'm a pretty open minded person, and I always wonder what it would be like to live in a small town or city, especially when I meet and become friends with someone online whose lifestyle is radically different from my own.

Posted

City life. I've been around an urban setting all my life, and pretty much lived in one city all my life. :embarrassed:

I've gone to visit some relatives before, where they live in a more countryside-like city. I slept over for a weekend, and I was already feeling homesick and empty. I'm just not comfortable in those type of places. Too quiet and too small of a population for me. :wacko:

Posted

I grew up in the city but one day i would love to live in the country. :D

Posted

i live where theres no stores or any thing its just a tiny town i hate it :mellow:

Posted

I live in a small town in Illinois and it's not really that fun. I'm about 5 hours away from Chicago (which is a really nice place to be, although expensive) and about an hour away from St. Louis (Not as cool as Chicago). Being in a little town is like having only the basics like Wal Mart and fast food chains. It's hard to find a lot of things and everyone is obsessed with church. The good part of it is that the country side is very beautiful and it's never hard to find trees and plants and I love that. I'm just lucky to have been born in a town that has a population greater than 14,000 as opposed to less than that. God, especially in the mid-west bible belt. [*cough* yuck]