Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pokemon: NeoPlatinum

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED AND THE ROLEPLAY IS UNDER WAY.

To celebrate the release of Pokemon Platinum, I thought I'd make this topic (Though it was also inspired by people reviving one of my older threads).

You are a young Trainer in the massive world of Sinnoh, catching, raising and battling the creatures that call this place home. Whether you are only starting out or are a long-time fanatic, you all share the same passion. You travel the land with your Pokemon companions, battling other Trainers, and defeating the especially tough Trainers called the Gym Leaders. But lately, odd happenings have been occuring throughout Sinnoh. People and Pokemon have been going missing, and there have even been reports of super-powerful Pokemon attacking cities and towns. They apparently have the power to raise mountains, create massive downpours, whip up hurricane-force winds, and even control the laws of time and space. These powerful beings have come to be known as "Legendary Pokemon". You take a break from your busy schedule as a Trainer to investigate these occurances, but you get drawn in more than you expected...

ROLE-PLAYER LIST

Taco_Ninja

• Name: Tor
    Beginning Pokemon: Piplup
    Skill: Ace
    Team: Empoleon, Salamence, Haunter, Croagunk, Gabite, Dragonair
    Favorite type: Dragon
    Personality: Tor sees pure power as the best weapon. In battle, he gives it all he has, and shows no mercy. If an opponent bows down to his might before beginning the match, all the better!
    Appearance: Shaggy black hair; Dark brown eyes; Light facial tan; Wears a loose black coat, baggy black trousers, and hard-wearing runners; Fingerless gloves on both hands.
    History: ???
    Legendary Pokemon of Choice: Giratina

Rain

Name: Rain Ghayth

Beginning Pokemon: Buizel

Team: Buizel, Vaporeon, Wartortle, Psyduck, Seadra

Favourite type: Water

Personality: Mainly keeps to the task at hand but is always willing to stray from it if there is a more important job to be done. He stays with his Buizel and doesn't allow it to evolve. He is reluctant to change in this sense. He is an upholder of the law and feels that everything should be planned out and being reckless is by no means an option.

Appearance: Average height with brown windswept hair. He wears a brown, long sleeved t-shirt in the sunlight with weathered, dark blue jeans. If the weather turns to snow or rain, he usually puts on a large, black jacket which extends down to his knees with a tall collar covering a small portion of his face.

History: Brought up in Solaceon Town with his grandparents. His parents left him in their care before leaving Sinnoh to live in the Johto region. When he was a few years younger, the owner of a Pok

Edited by FreckleFart (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

• Name: Rain Ghayth

Beginning Pokemon: Buizel

Team: Buizel, Vaporeon, Wartortle, Psyduck, Seadra

Favourite type: Water

Personality: Mainly keeps to the task at hand but is always willing to stray from it if there is a more important job to be done. He stays with his Buizel and doesn't allow it to evolve. He is reluctant to change in this sense. He is an upholder of the law and feels that everything should be planned out and being reckless is by no means an option.

Appearance: Average height with brown windswept hair. He wears a brown, long sleeved t-shirt in the sunlight with weathered, dark blue jeans. If the weather turns to snow or rain, he usually puts on a large, black jacket which extends down to his knees with a tall collar covering a small portion of his face.

History: Brought up in Solaceon Town with his grandparents. His parents left him in their care before leaving Sinnoh to live in the Johto region. When he was a few years younger, the owner of a Pok

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

My resume

Name: Kaylaa Redfeather

Team: Shinx

Team: Luxaray(Thunder), Kirlia, Staravia(Staria), Eevee, Pikachu(Pika)

Favorite type: Psychic

Personality: Kaylaa is secretive and not one to linger and talk. She doesn't like humans considering her past with them. She has become able to share the thoughts of a few of her Pokemon. She aslo likes to stay on task and not waste time helping others.

Appearance: Kaylaa has dark red hair that reaches to her waist. Her eyes are light green and her skin is pale. She wears a light purple spring jacket, a belt for her Pokeballs and a yellow backpack for carriying the general trainer supplies.

History: Kaylaa lived in Vielstone City for many years until they built the Department Mall and all sorts of things. She saw how people were hurting the Pokemon and she needed to try to change it. She met Shinx when he was given to her by Prof. Rowan. She has met a few other Pokemon one of them, her Kirlia, helped her develop her dormant psychic powers.

Legendary Pokemon of Choice: Mespirit

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

My resume

• Name: Ami Ichihara
    Beginning Pokemon: Torchic
    Skill: Rookie
    Favorite type: Fire
    Personality: She has an easy-going personality. She is an easy one to get along with.
    Appearance: She has long Golden Yellow hair, Cerulean eyes. She wears baggy cargo shorts, black t-shirt with a flame design, red and orange boots, red orange and yellow fingerless gloves
    History: Ami lives in Twinleaf Town with her brother Kai, her mother Ashley and father Rei. Ami got her Chimchar (Blaze) when she started out three years ago. She loves fire types. Her father is a Pokemon breeder as well as her mother. She has to look out for her brother. She has been to Hoenn. She even met Professor Birch himself! She has a shiny Infernape that stays with her family.
    Legendary Pokemon of Choice: Manaphy

Edited by Ami Ichihara (see edit history)

Posted

My resume

• Name:Lauri
    Beginning Pokemon:Cyndaquil (Cynda) (now Typhlosion)
    Skill:Ace
    Favorite type:"Fi... No da... NO! Ps... TO HARD!"
    Personality:she has a bubbly, somewhat idiotic at moments, personality, and often laid back
    Appearance:She has long honey blond hair, hazel eyes, and a overall young appearance
    History:Falkner of the Johto regions little sister went out to see the world and do contests. she lost to her rival in the finals. She went to Kanto, same thing happened. Now she comes to this region to try and fail in a different way
    Legendary Pokemon of Choice:MEW!

Posted

MY RESUME

Name: Rayd

Beginning Pokemon: Chimchar

Skill: Rookie

Team: Chimchar, Abra, Geodude, Goldeen

Favorite type: Rock

Personality: Hes the little hyper kind of kid, who always thinks he will do good

Appearance: Pretty tall for his age, he has short brown hair and green eyes.

History: meh.....

Legendary Pokemon of Choice: Deoxys

Posted

I personally think Mewtwo should not be on the list, but that's just my opinion. And I see no Rotom on that list.

My Resume

• Name: Vadarth Htradav

Beginning Pokemon: Piplup

Team: Empoleon, Luxray, Lucario, Drifblim, Roserade, and Rampardos

Skill: Advanced Trainer

Favorite type: None; I like 'em all

Personality: Quiet and very shy. Remains mainly in the shadows. Very loyal and trustworthy, though has a very hard time trusting others. Watches and manipulates when he needs something, though tries his best not to hurt anyone. Very touchy on the subject of his past and how he got his scar. Loves animals and Pokemon. Will help someone in need depending on who they are, what kind of help he or she needs, and on Vadarth's mood.

Appearance: Dirty-brown hair (more brown than anything), green-yellow eyes (mostly green, though), 5ft 10.6in, and wears regular clothes (never jeans nor shirts with pictures or writing on them; he hates them).

History: Shrouded in mystery

Posted (edited)

Name:Vice

Beginning Pokemon:togapi

team:togapi, Yanma, Shinx, Piplup, Tropius, Riolu

Skill: beginner

Favorite type:all

Personality:kind,caring and energetic

Appearance:short blond hair that isn't very styled wearing a blue vest over a green hoodie vest with his togapi on his shoulder

History:when he was 9 he found a suitcase full of pokeballs (they contained his current pokemon ;) )he kept them for pets until now, also he has encountered most of the legendary pokemon at one time or another but nobody believes him :cry:

legendary:rotom

Edited by real link (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Whoops, I guess Rotom slipped my mind, probably because of his ultra-low base stats... I guess the Secret Key fixes all that.

You're all accepted, guys. There's room for 2 more sign-ups, but you can start whenever you want.

EDIT: Oh, Midna, I don't think Tor is a very good name for Luxray... My character's name is Tor, and there could be a bit of confusion with that. Thanks!

EDIT 2: Real Link, do you think it's possible to.. Y'know, take the time to type out full stops and commas for this RP? I want it to be a success, but that's sometimes hard when people don't use proper grammar. That goes for all of you guys...

Posted

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the name. I'll start sometime, I just thought you'd like to take into account the alterations I made to my character.

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Oh, Midna, I don't think Tor is a very good name for Luxray... My character's name is Tor, and there could be a bit of confusion with that. Thanks!

Sure. I'll fix it ASAP!

Posted (edited)

Okay, thanks. I'm making another character, by the way, so I've got something to do for now.

My resume

• Name: Sor
    Beginning Pokemon: Turtwig (Turty)
    Skill: Beginning Trainer
    Team: Turtwig (Turty), Starly
    Favorite type: None
    Personality: Sor is a quiet, shy and secluded young boy. He was bullied at school, due to his strange name and frail appearance, so tries to keep away from other people as much as possible. He shares closer bonds with his Pokemon that most people.
    Appearance: Neat white hair; Deep blue eyes; Pale skin; Wears a grey t-shirt with a Pokeball logo on it, long white shorts, and expensive runners. His body is generally skinny and weak.
    History: As a young boy, Sor was bullied at his expensive private school by all the other kids. His filthy-rich parents took him to a pshychiatrist, who recommended he be given a Pokemon as a partner. His Turtwig has been his closest friend ever since. Finally, when Sor decided to begin thinking for himself, he saw how poor his life really was, and ran away from home. Him and Turty have traveled the eastern half of Sinnoh for a year now, although they avoid battles with other Trainers at all costs.
    Legendary Pokemon of Choice: Latios

Posted (edited)

Okay, thanks. I'm making another character, by the way, so I've got something to do for now.

Alright all fixed now! When are we going to start up this RP?

Posted

Awesome, Pokemon roleplay. I'll join in the action.

My resume

• Name:Eylk Inor
    Beginning Pokemon:Charmander
    Skill:rookie
    Favorite type:ground/fire
    Personality:A somewhat shy kid, who is uplifting to be around, if he knows you.
    Appearance:Wears a Black shirt, black Shorts, and Green sneakers. He wears customized wristbands on both wrists, each able to carry 3 pokeballs(this is his pokeball storage method)
    History:
    Legendary Pokemon of Choice:Groudon

Posted

Okay, I think we're allowed to start, but I'd like Taco to start it up, after all it is his RP. I can't really think of how to start this because I'd like to know where everybody is as it's a little unclear. I've taken to the sea, as a water Pokemon seeking trainer would do, and I can now be found in Sunnyshore City.

Can somebody else give me their location so that I we can try to get this RP off the ground?