The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

100 years have passed since the fall of Dark Link and very little has changed in the land of Hyrule. Odd things have happened, as they usually do, but nothing major has changed other than the collapse of the Great Bridge of Hylia 19 years ago. The land has revived itself but has all but forgotten the Dark and Twili invasions of ages past.

In recent days, an eerie wind has been blowing and the skies have grown dark. The people of Hyrule fear that is an ill omen of things to come. They fear once again that their "once a century" disaster was about to take place. Many brush it off as unlucky weather, but the more paranoid and wise of the citizens warn others to flee and they gather their things in case of an invasion once again. Unluckily, the people of Hyrule seem to have lost their wisdom with the good weather and do not heed their warnings. The current ruler, a descendant of Queen Moira, has kept their beliefs on the matter silent.

There is indeed something terribly wrong with Hyrule. A great evil has been resurrected by an unknown group bent on the downfall of Hyrule.

"Are we successful?" Cecil, a man wearing a large white and red robes walked into the room.

"Sir, we need you to perform the final stage of the resurrection. We haven't the power to do so ourselves. We need your Power." one of the mages asked, turning to Cecil. He nodded and took the mages place on a large marble slab stone plate slightly off the centre of the room. "You need us to...?" the mage trailed off, catching a look from Cecil. Without delay he and the other mage hastily left the room.

Cecil watched the mage leave before shifting into place to utter the final incantation to restore the lost evil to life. Cecil's mouth moved almost silently. He was talking an odd language, made almost entirely of whispering and small breaths. He muttered a little more loudly before throwing his hands into the air. Dust flew from the ground and began to spin around the stone slab as a black and white light began to encircle Cecil's outstretched hand. The wind's ferocity increased and the room began to shift in and out of existence as the unworldly spell was cast. In the midst of it, Cecil stood, the glow of the Triforce bestowed upon him marked upon the back of his hand. The mark wasn't visible at the moment however, as a harsh white light glowed from his palm. I know what I have to do. Cecil took a final breath before clenching his fist, expelling the light from the room, making it seemingly dark once more.

The wind subsided and the dust settled. It was a success and he had been resurrected. A man in a dark coloured tunic, cloak and hat rose from the blanket of dust that coated the floor. Cecil lay dead on the floor, killed by the power drained from him into the evil he had brought back into existence. He looked down at his reformed body, fully aware of what had happened. The glow of the Triforce emitted from his dark skinned hand. He laughed a low laugh before throwing back his head and laughing further.

He turned and left the room where the mages waited, terrified as to how the resurrection had gone. They stared at him in shock. The long awaited return they had prepared years for was almost overwhelming to see the fruit of their labours stand infront of them, a powerful looking grin on his face.

The resurrection was a success.

Vaati had returned.

Sign-up:

Name:

History:

Appearance:

Add any other fields if your character requires them.

My Character:

Name: Pronous

Alias: Rolas

History: Once a mage for the Furani cult, but when he learned of what they planned to do, he didn't want to participate any longer and escaped from the facility hidden deeply within one of the caves of Lake Hylia. He had calculated that the tunnel leading to it's location leads underneath Castletown, meaning that, theoretically, there could be passages within the town to the cult base underneath. He is an outcast of the cult and has taken on a disguise and an alias to protect himself from the cult as they see him as an enemy and have specific orders to kill him without compromising the group. He stays in broad daylight most of the time and has realised that many of the preachers against the omen are Furani (members of the Furani cult).

Appearance: Wears a brown tunic and heavy boots. He wears the outfit of an adventurer both to keep him protected and to help hide his true identity.

Reason for Edit: Correcting minor spelling errors and making the description of the ruler vague so that, if Gael wants to join as the ruler, she can do so without having to fit my description.

Members of the previous RPs, "The Dark Race" and "Betrayal" could bring back their characters or the descendants of their characters if they wish (I hope so), or continue with their character from those RPs if the character is able (Ryoo).

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Name: Kaylaa

History: She is desended from the Twili and was born in Castle Town. Her two parents are both Hylian. Her older brother was the one who toughened her up as a child and she now has an interst in Hylian History and magic. Her parents believe she should act like a proper lady but, she still persists and manages to sneak out of the town from time to time.

Appearance: She has blue eyes and brown hair tipped in red. She wears a grey tunic and leather boots. She is slightly shorter than her brother and has pale skin.

Also I'm bring back...

Name: Adn

History: She was one of the creators. She helped to save Hyrule twice in the past. After Nia's death and saving Hyrule she left for a while but, now she's returned. She left Hyrule in order to discover something but, now she returned 100 years later when no one would remember her.

Appearance: In Hyrule she appears as a black wolf with red eyes. She is in possesion of the crystal but, it's power no longer works.

Edited by Adn (see edit history)

Posted

UPDATE: Sahaqiel and his magical timeline theories have opened my eyes and now I see that the Minish Cap was AFTER Twilight Princess, so this is wrong relative to the timeline.

Oh well, we can still make an RP out of it, eh?

Posted (edited)

UPDATE: Sahaqiel and his magical timeline theories have opened my eyes and now I see that the Minish Cap was AFTER Twilight Princess, so this is wrong relative to the timeline.

Oh well, we can still make an RP out of it, eh?

Hear Hear! Also I think I should add some stuff for Adn about post-Betrayal stuff. So, how many people do we need?

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

Oh, maybe a few more. I'll leave it a few days before starting the RP.

Posted

Name: Ryoo

History: The exact same person from the Dark Race and Betrayal, though he is a little affected by the events of them. After Betrayal, he went to travel again and just tried to pass the time.

Appearance: short purple clothing, gloves and boots under a large brown cloak.

Posted

Adn's paws flew across Hyrule Field with increased speed. She had finally returned because she knew something was wrong. She stopped at the gates to Castle Town, it was again flourishing with life and buisnesses. She slipped passed the Guards and continued into the town. She stayed out of the view of people because, unlike before, people didn't have a reason to trust a wolf. Her red eyes and black fur would have made her even more strange. Some people saw her and ran ff to their homes and families. This is really so different.

Kaylaa sighed as she walked over to the bookstore again. Her parents had said that their was a black wolf about and to be careful but, she didn't listen to them. When she reached the door, she saw a glint of red eyes for a moment and the entered the store. She had grabbed the book and Hyrule History again and pulled out her Rupees to pay for it. She saw that there was a page about the Invasions and she opened to it. She remembered it, every child did but, something in partcular caught her eye. The Queen, the Mage, the Hero and the three wolves managed to drive them out... That partcular detail seemed to have been omitted from the story her parents told her. She walked back to her house with her her nose in the book. The red eyes watching her closely.

Posted (edited)

Rolas sat in the outdoor caf

Posted

Adn had been watching them. All of the people in this town. But, two in particular had caught her eye. The man in the cloak and the girl. Somethng about her seems farmiliar. The townspeople, other than that, had been mostly unintersting.

She had spoken to the animals as well, the didn't have much to say either. She sighed and turned in the direction that the girl was walking. She eventually turned down an alleyway and into a dead end. Her red eyes watched her closely. The girl seemed to be highly insightful, the crystal glowed slightly as it caught the light.

Kaylaa had turned down an alleyway, having no idea where she was going. Then she saw the eyes again and realized what creature they belonged to, a wolf. A bright glint reflecting off something drew her eyes from her book.

A wolf...wait a second... She looked at the picture in her book. "It's you..." she whispered. The wolf, as if understanding turned tail and left. Kaylaa walked back home, unable to wait for nightfall, when she would look for the wolf again.

Posted (edited)

Rolas left the shop around an hour later. He had looked through all the books to find what out what he could about the returned evil that was Vaati. There was nothing on him whatsoever. It was as if he had never existed. It was a wonder that the Furani ever discovered of his existence at all. "But who...?" Rolas asked himself out loud, trailing off in thought.

He was unable to reach an answer. It was a mystery. One that would likely be solved in due time. For now all he had to do was wait for the remainder of the day until he finally got to his rest.

Vaati sat in a stone chair cushioned with velvet. He was in a large room surrounded by books. "Why am I not in at leas one of these good for nothing books?!" he shouted angrily. "Surely I left my mark? Surely I have gone down in the history of this land!" he yelled, throwing the book to the ground, breaking the spine and littering the floor with it's pages. Hmm, I'll have to get used to this power I wield. he thought to himself, flexing his fingers.

A man entered the room. "Lord, it's time to-"

"Why am I not in any of these books?" Vaati snapped as if it was the messenger's fault. "How did you come to know of me in the first place if all of these texts don't tell of my existence. Or even the time in which I ruled this land?" Vaati rose from his seat threateningly and approached the man.

"I- it was a man, Lord. A traveller who was particularly interested in our work. He knew of you and your doings, Lord, and wanted to bring you back... Well, here at least."

"What do you mean by that?" Vaati asked, calmer and more intrigued but still irritated at the vague nature of the messengers explanation.

The messenger backed away in fear as a man entered, slipping something under his cloak as he did so. His hair was a dark brown and his face thin and tan. "Don't worry, Arthos, I'll explain it." Arthos nodded and backed out of the room. The cloaked man watched him leave before turning back to Vaati. "I'm a time traveller." the man began, taking Vaati by surprise. "I was the one who tipped the Furani off. I knew of you from my travels and thought that you could easily bring this land down to its knees also."

"But why? What is your motivation?" Vaati asked, confused.

The cloaked man shrugged. "I've never really cared for this land. It's uninteresting at the best of times and at the worst of times, like is about to take place, it really shows the best that Hyrule has to offer. I'm intrigued as to how they may react to a being such as yourself." Vaati and the man looked at each other for a moment, Vaati's anger at being described in such a way was blatant. The man shrugged and continued, "After all, they've faced Twili and Dark creatures but never before something of such power and intelligence. They'll have quite the fight on their hands if they hope to keep you at bay."

"Indeed they will. But why haven't my doings been documented in history?" Vaati asked, hoping he would finally get an answer.

"I said I was a time traveller, didn't I? Well you're 'doings', as you put it, haven't even come to be. That is for the distant future. We haven't resurrected you from the past, but the future." Vaati seemed to understand and showed this with a small nod. "Alright. It's time to go now, it will soon be time for the attack. I have business at the castle beforehand though, so I best be on my way.

The cloaked man had left Vaati in the room without a second glance and ascended the stairs to a cellar in Castletown. He moved to the ground floor and stepped towards the door. Before opening it, however, he felt at the object in his chest pocket. I must return it to the rightful owners before I do anything else. With that, he slipped out into the daylight.

Edit: Whoa, I wrote that much? I didn't think the scene was long. :/

Posted

Is it too late for me to joins still?

Name: Trigger

History: For basically his whole life, he lived in the village of Kakariko, living his life in shadows. Although he is respected by some of the townsfolk, many rumors about him being one of the Sheikah have still remained a mystery to many people. Mainly uses his bow for combat and carries some medical supplies on him, he hardly ever uses his sword when it comes to it, even in melee combat. Now he wanders the Hyrulian country-side, searching for a challenge. A calm, silent and intelligent person, Trigger is one who can think of a combat strategy almost instantly when he sets his mind to it, and knows when a battle can be too much for him to handle.

Appearance: Wears a red traveler's cloak over a black tunic, as well as having a regular broad sword at his side, and also carries a bow on his back, his quiver being able to hold fifty arrows at a time. Has black hair and also, somehow cold, sapphire blue eyes, stands five foot nine inches tall, and has an average built body.

If anything is wrong with this, let me know asap.

Posted

Sounds good. You're in. Feel free to start whenever you like. I'm not setting a time limit for you to join, it's more lax like that. As long as you know what's going on, you can join whenever if you can get yourself into the story.

Posted

Nightfall was approaching. Kaylaa was getting ready to look for the strange wolf. She had learned as much as a book could tell her, she needed to meet the wolf. She had packed some supplies, including half of her bookshelf, which was,admittedly, very small. She pushed open the window in her bedroom and jumped gracefully down. Her landing was wobbly but, she was in one piece. She started to look around the town for the wolf.

Adn had observed all the townspeople, they seemed normal enough, but the girl and the cloaked one, they intruiged her. The girl seemed farmiliar, but Adn couldn't place it. Then she froze, the girl was looking in her direction. "Are you Adn?" she asked. Adn didn't respond but looked straight at her. "Well, I'm pretty sure you are..." Adn moved her head slowly up and down. "I'm Kaylaa and I-" Then Adn's ears picked up the sound of a yell and a large boom.

Posted

The crash came from the fountain in the main courtyard in the centre of town. It was caused by explosives detonated from within the water supply. Rolas, who was walking in the streets to the west, heard and felt the shock of the explosion. He turned and saw the fire blazing from the rubble of the fountain and several armed soldiers emerged from different buildings in the town, most likely stationed within every street. Screams could be heard from the few still outside and many people were taken from their beds to see what was going on. Several Furani soldiers ran up behind him from the street behind him and he saw no other alternative but to make for the fountain area.

The cloaked man stood atop one of the buildings overhanging the courtyard. His cloak rippled slightly in the wind as he viewed the scene below. Pedestrians ran for their homes or any shelter they could find, some were stricken down by soldiers in the streets. I'm about done here. I'm sure there's more fun to be made elsewhere. The man reached inside his cloak looking across the buildings. A wolf stared at him. It was a dark brown with a white stripe tearing up the left side of it's body. It stared at him through ice blue eyes. Or perhaps there could be fun to be had yet. he thought with a smirk before withdrawing his hand from beneath his robes and put on the raven mask in the light of the growing fire. Teto ran for the edge of the building and dropped down to the alleyway below and out of sight.