The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ooc: YES!!! Okay, I'm going to introduce several characters here, but I'm only going to have one 'main' character, who will be my key player in this story. But I'll be introducing more members of the Royal Family in the background, who may or may not come into play later. Okay, let's do this thingie. First story post will be after I introduce a couple of characters.

Bic:

Name: Mordin

History: Moira and Ain's oldest son. King of Hyrule. He ascended the throne after Moira's death ten years ago. His father, Ain, was killed in battle seventeen years before that. He has always been a just, fair, but still strong, ruler, and the people of Hyrule are loyal to him. He is well-studied in Hylian history, so he has been increasingly concerned about a growing evil in Hyrule. His wife died several years ago, leaving him with only one child: his daughter, Princess Raelin.

Appearance: Half Hylian and half Sheikah, with medium skin, brown hair turning to grey, and reddish-brown eyes. Wears royal attire, of course, in mostly greys and blues, with light armor. Weilds a longsword and Sheikah throwing darts.

--------

(Main Character)

Name: Raelin

History: Princess of Hyrule. She was raised in the palace, but not in the way of most Princesses. She learned to fight and rise horseback from an early age, and also to learn Hylian lore. And unlike most princesses, she is allowed out of the Castle to roam freely as she chooses, which occasionally gets her into trouble. Her attitude is adventurous, though more cautious and reserved than her grandmother had been, and a little more proper.

Appearance: Tall, but strongly built. Fair skinned with green eyes, and with wavy brown hair that falls around her shoulders. Wears a dark green tunic and leggings, with brown boots and sometimes a grey cloak. Her weapons are a pair of long knives and a sling.

--------

EDIT: If anyone can think of a better name for the Princess, please tell me. I'm not quite satisfied with this one. I am off on a journey for a better name.....

EDIT EDIT: Okay, I've compiled a short list of name that I'm pretty sure I like better. As you can probably tell, I like to refer to the names of my character's ancestors when choosing names. Which do you guys think is a good one?

-Aiyana

-Alain

-Alia

-Zalia

-Reina

-Raelyn

-Ralina

-Morna

-Maya

-Mura

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

EDIT EDIT: Okay, I've compiled a short list of name that I'm pretty sure I like better. As you can probably tell, I like to refer to the names of my character's ancestors when choosing names. Which do you guys think is a good one?

-Aiyana

-Alain

-Alia

-Zalia

-Reina

-Raelyn

-Ralina

-Morna

-Maya

-Mura

OOC: Out of those I would pick either Alia or Reina.

BIC:

Adn knew something bad was going to happen, soon. So she just turned and stood there. Kaylaa, recognizing this action, jumped on her back and Adn tore out of the alleyway, knocking away pedestrians and soldiers alike. She headed for the fountain area. She didn't know why but, she felt a pull towards Kaylaa. Is it possible...? Adn stopped at the fountain and Kaylaa jumped off.

Kaylaa was surprised by the actions of the wolf. But, she was thankful nonetheless. She turned to see soldiers and the cloaked man from earlier running all over the town. But, the man was nearing the fountain.

Posted

Ooc: I've settled on Raelin as the name for my character. i didn't want another character whose name ended in an 'a'.....anyways. Here we go.

Bic:

It was nearing nightfall. The sun had set, and stars were beginning to show themselves in the sky of Hyrule. It seemed a night like any other, and, for the King of Hyrule, it was. Mordin knew what this night held for him. No sleep, no rest, and no peace. It would be another long night of restlessness and worry.

The King stood in front of the fireplace in Hyrule Castle's library. He stared into the newly built fire, watching the young, bright flames dance as they consumed a pair of unlucky logs. Behind him on his desk lay several open volumes; old, dusty books and manuscripts that had been studied a dozen times over. None of them could answer Mordin's questions.

"Furani...." he muttered to himself, running a hand through his greying hair. The word was an enigma, a mystery. It was spoken in whispers and rumors in the streets of Castle Town. Every person knew another person who had heard the name from a supposedly trustworthy source. But no one was quite sure what it meant.

For months, nearly a year now, King Mordin had heard rumors of a secretive cult lurking somewhere in Hyrule. A group of sorcerers, the rumors said, operating under the covers of darkness. That was all that was known, and even then...was it true?

"Something is happening...." Mordin sighed, shaking his head. "But Gods know what it is...." His eyes slowly moved toward a dark corner of the library. "Unless of course," he said in a lighter tone. "You know anything about it, Raelin?"

A curse could be heard muttered from the corner, and the King smiled. Out of the shadows walked his daughter, Raelin, heir to the throne of Hyrule. She furrowed her brow and crossed her arms in front of her. "How did you know I was there?" she demanded.

Mordin turned from the fireplace. "You're always there, darling. Especially when my advisors have something especially important to say. Things that are for my ears only, Raelin." His tone began to sound disapproving as he spoke.

Raelin smiled to herself and shook he head, her brown hair falling about her shoulders. "I can't help myself, father. I've been hearing things in the marketplace myself. Do you really think that there's something going on? How long do you think it's going to be until it comes out in the open? And who...?" She stopped when Mordin held out a hand. He smiled again, a light coming to his eyes.

"Seeing as you're just as informed as I am, Raelin...I can't really answer those questions. But as long as you're eavesdropping on other people's conversations....please try to be careful. Not everything is safe to hear. Do you understand?"

Raelin sighed. "Yes, father." she said, before turning and heading for the door. As she left, she said, "I'm going down to the town, to the Wolf's Den. I have to meet a contact of mine; he says he has information about that band of thieves that's been around Kakariko lately, but he didn't want to meet during the day. That's alright, isn't it?"

Mordin nodded. "Just don't pay him too much. Only if it's worth it." he answered. Raelin smiled and left, closing the door behind her. Mordin smiled to himself, his eyes wandering to the far wall, where a portrait of Queen Moira hung. "she's more like you every day, Mother." he said to no one ion particular, before turning his eyes back to the fire.

Posted

Ooc: "Raelin". What a tribute. Also, Adn, I hope you understand I have three characters. The cloaked man is Teto, the man that should be in leather armour is the one coming towards you and then there's the wolf.

*WARNING* This post is pretty dull and badly written. Read at your own risk.

Bic: Rolas stood in the midst of the battle, unable to find escape or refuge. Men and woman alike fell to the ground in the glow of the growing fire. Rolas ran for an alleyway and stood there, hidden from sight. He turned down the alleyway calmly and immediately stood face to face with a masked man. Rolas knew him from the Furani cult. Teto...? He merely stood there for a moment, the man staring him down.

It was then that a wolf leapt into the alleyway at the man, bringing him to the ground. On top of Teto, the wolf turned to Rolas and barked at him, "Aeth, leave this place!" Rolas did as he was told. He wasn't as surprised by the talking wolf as he was about the fact it knew his birth name.

He left the alleyway and back into the courtyard where he saw a girl and another wolf. He turned and looked around the courtyard. It was chaos still. The girl looked at him in fear as if to ask what was going on.

Teto pushed the wolf off and it rolled on the cobbled stone pavement of the alleyway. "Who are you?!" he yelled at it, almost in worry.

"I'm here to kill you, Teto. You've set it up yourself. You've returned the Ocarina to the castle, haven't you?" the wolf growled, staggering to it's feet.

Teto paused before he spoke, "Yes, it has been returned. I left it on a table at the entrance for them to find."

The wolf grinned. "Then I risk nothing by taking you down." The wolf leapt at him. Teto raised a hand. It glowed for a second before he disappeared, appearing behind the wolf. Teto grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and lifted it clear off the ground. "You have no idea." With that, Teto threw the wolf down the alleyway and leapt to the side of the above building, landing lightly on the edge of the roof.

Teto looked down at the courtyard, catching Adn's eye. He saw her horrified expression and met it with a salute before vanishing.

The wolf lay on the cobbled stone, his body aching. "Aeth..." he breathed in pain.

Rolas heard his plea for help and left the girl immediately to the aid of the wolf. The other wolf followed too, knowing by the sight of Teto for the first time in 85 years, that something was amiss here. Kaylaa followed after the wolf, determined to stay close.

Rolas ran down the alleyway and found the dark brown wolf on its side on the pavement. "Are you-"

"Fine, thanks. Just help me up." Kaylaa seemed the most surprised to see a talking wolf out of the three of them as Adn had yet to breath a single word if she still could. Rolas lifted the wolf to its feet. It swayed a little before regaining its balance, "Thank you, Aeth.". He looked straight to Adn, realising instantly what she was and she, him.

Kaylaa was the first to speak, taking her mind off the fact that the wolf had just talked. "We need to get out of here." The others all nodded in agreement.

"But we have to try and help anybody we can, don't we?" Rolas asked.

The wolf dismissed this last sentence and sped out of the alleyway. "I need to find Teto. I can't wait with you any longer." were his words before he left. Adn seemed to be the only one who understood this at all as her eyes followed him out of the alleyway.

Ooc: Not great :/

Posted

This is very bad...Teto... Adn had half a mind to chase after Teto as well but, the two humans standing there would make it very difficult. "Look you two, do whatever you can, then leave, I'll met you outside Town." Adn said, mostly to Kaylaa. She nodded and Adn turned a corner and lept out of sight. What is he doing back here? She was determined to find out so, she followed the other wolf. That wolf...he's a- but her thoughts were cut off when she realized, if Teto was back, something else must be back too.

Kaylaa turned to Rolas. "Well, what should we do?" she asked. She had never really had much experience in fighting or, anything much for that matter. But, he seemed to know what he was doing. She looked around, there weren't many people left... Maybe it would be best to leave.

Posted

Bic: "We should leave the town before it's too late. They'll be overwhelmed by the Furani." Rolas said decisively.

"Furani...? Okay. I'll follow you, Aeth." Kaylaa answered with a nod, understanding that there was nothing they could do here.

Must have gotten it from the wolf... Rolas figured, smiling. Not that I'm going to correct her. "Right. We'll wait in Hyrule Field. I'm sure the wolves will return soon."

The two of them slipped out of the town via the alleyways and out onto the field.

The wolf stood in the southern market of the town, unsure where to go next. Adn ran up behind him and barked at him, "How do you know Teto?!" she barked. "Why are you trying to kill him?"

"Why do you think?" he asked, turning to her. "The same reason he killed Nia 85 years ago. He's no longer needed."

"So... You're name?" Adn asked.

"It's Rain." Rain answered simply.

Ooc: What do you mean by, "if Teto was back, something else must be back too"?

Posted

Ooc: What do you mean by, "if Teto was back, something else must be back too"?

OOC: I mean that whenever Teto's around, Hyrule is usually in danger from an evil entity.

Posted

It does? Okay then. Good good.

Also, how should we stop Vaati? We need some way to keep this RP going and successful RPs usually have a set task like, in the Dark Race, we had to find Courage. In Betrayal, we had nothing to do really. An enemy and that's it. We travelled to the Twilight Realm for no other reason than Ayame was there before. What do we need to find?

Posted (edited)

Ooc: Yeah, well...I like her name, and that's all that matters. :P

Bic:

Raelin quietly crossed the enormous entrance hall of Hyrule Castle. She knew that any sound she made would be multiplied tenfold and echo throughout the entire ground level, giving her away. Most of the Castle's dwellers were not aware that their beloved princess was a valuable and skilled agent of espionage. She had the quiet swiftness of the Sheikah in her, as well as a love for all things dangerous.

She was almost to the front door when light from the window glinted off of something nearby. Raelin turned her head in the direction of the light. It looked like there was something there....on one of the tables on either side of the door. Coming closer, she saw that it was a small, blue object, sitting all on its own on the table.

That's odd.....she thought as she picked the object up and rolled it over in her hands. I've never seen this here before....did one of our guests leave here by mistake? It was roughly the shape of a root vegetable, but was made of a hard, smooth earthen material. It's a flute...? Raelin realized when she saw the mouthpiece and several holes marking its surface. And there, on the base of the mouthpiece, was the symbol of the royal family: the Triforce.

Suddenly, the ground shook as the sound of a great explosion broke the silence. Raelin was knocked against the door; she grabbed one of the massive iron handles to steady herself, still clutching the flute. Not thinking, she slipped it into the pouch on her belt and ran for the nearest window, frantically trying to get it open.

Finally, she pushed the glass to the side and leapt onto the windowsill. From inside the Castle walls, though, she could see nothign, but she could hear shouting and a few fearful screams. Then she smelled the smoke.

"Guards!" she shouted, turning her head back into the entrance hall. "GUARDS! To arms! The center of the city is under fire! TO ARMS!" Her voice resonated not just through the first level, but the second and third levels as well. All though the Castle, guards asleep at their post awoke suddenly, grabbing for their weapons. Others rolled out of bed, grabbing their spears as they ran out of their quarters.

Raelin didn't stop to wait for any of them. She leapt out of the window, landing deftly on her feet on the grass of the courtyard, and broke for the center of Castle Town at a run.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Ooc: Yeah, well...I like her name, and that's all that matters. :P

Ooc:What? I didn't say I disliked it. I just thought it was a tribute to Ralin. :/

Bic: Rain turned away from Adn and ran down the street. "Rain! He's gone! We have to get out of here!" Rain didn't listen to her and she soon lost sight of him.

Aeth and Kaylaa stood in Hyrule Field awaiting Adn's return.

Posted

Name:Crimson Sky

History:Blessed by a hawk titan, then gained unlocked his full powers later.

Appearance:Tall, slim, with large white wings. Has 3 fingers and a thumb, all of which have talons. His face is angled.

Posted

Sorry, Doubleagent. There's no room for you here. Your character takes up too much physical space for inclusion into this RP. Hyrule still hasn't recovered from the last time Crimson appeared and I don't want to submit them to such pain a second time.

Posted

Trigger looked out towards the massive lake of the Hylia, sitting at the edge of a cliff overlooking it from the north. With the sight as practically the same of a hawk, he couldn't see anything that could be considered a threat or a challenge along the lake's shoreline. He gave out a sigh, as he removed the bow on his shoulders and examined it. It was a slightly altered longbow, bearing a few strange, ancient Hylian words along the grip. He wasn't one who knew the ancient language so well, as he only knew a few letters of it. He placed the bow back on his shoulders, as he continued to gaze down at the silent lake.

The wind blew calmly from the south, blowing his cloak's black hood down, revealing Trigger's facial features. His shoulder length, black hair covered his left eye, but allowed his right eye to continue seeing downwards. His blue eyes, according to most people, had a cold, menacing look to them, causing some people to be scared of him. He shook his head, as he pulled out his personal journal, which he hadn't written in since his departure from Kakariko. With his quill and a small jar of ink, he began to write.

'Ever since I left Kakariko, many of my motivations haven't gone as well as I expected. I haven't found someone who is worthy of my time, the paths I chose to get here were short and simple, and, like always, have been mistaken for one of the ancient protectors of the Royal Family of Hyrule, the Sheikah. I am a full fledged Hylian, and just because I've been living in the shadows for my entire life, doesn't mean I'm one of the shadow foilk. Nonetheless, I shouldn't really care about if I'm mistaken for another race, as it doesn't really matter. I'm my own person, and what paths I will choose will remain what they are now. There probably is someone out there in Hyrule that I'll consider as a worthy opponent, I just haven't found them yet. Trigger Bladestorm...'

Trigger gave out another sigh as he placed his writing equipment in his pouch, while he attatched his journal, by the spine, onto a chain that hung from his waist. He stood up and began to walk northbound,towards the eastern Castle Town gate. It would be unlikely for him to find anything worth a challenge...

Posted

Castle Town was in chaos by the time Raelin descended the steps to the center of the city. Where there had been a beautiful fountain, there was now rubble, ash, and fire. Townspeople were running frantically for their homes, or for one of the four gates. It was hard to see through the darkness and the smoke, but the things Raelin saw sent a chill down her spine.

There were warriors; soldiers that wore colors she had never seen before. She wasn't sure if they were invaders or something else. She swore she saw a cloaked man running by out of the corner of her eye, but when she looked after him, he was gone. People scrambled past her as she pushed her way past the fountain towards one of the streets, trying to get clear of the mob.

The smoke stung her eyes and throat; she began to cough as she ran. Finally, she reached a clear corner. Rubbing her eyes, she tried to make sense of what was happening. Are these people invaders? How could they have gotten here without our knowledge? And who are they?

Then it hit her. "Furani." she said aloud, realization dawning. Was this the rumored cult that had been hidden in Hyrule all this time? There were so many of them! But what do they want...?

Raelin's thoughts were interrupted when she saw movement not far away. Through the smoky haze, she made out two shapes. They were animals. And they seemed to preoccupied with each other to notice the Hylian watching them. And it could have been her imagination, but Raelin thought she heard them......talking?

One of them, lighter in color than the second, suddenly bolted and ran down a street, disappearing into the smoke. The other one, which was black in color, called after it, but it did not come back. Suddenly, it turned it's eyes to Raelin, and their eyes met.

Raelin was frozen in place then. She realized it was a wolf that she was staring at. A great, black wolf with blood red eyes. And yet, the eyes were much more intelligent than those of a wolf. There seemed to be a flicker of recognition in the wolf's eyes, but after a few moments, it too turned away and disappeared from view.

Finally remembering to breathe again, Raelin sunk back against the alley wall. What in the name of the gods is happening...?

Posted

Adn had rushed off. So that's the Princess... Adn had reached the gates and flown out of them. "Alright, from here where do we go?" Adn asked. Kaylaa was mostly silent and "Aeth" as Kaylaa had called him, wasn't volunteering any ideas either. "Okay then, we should at least try to get as far away from here as possible right?" The two seemed to agree on this and so, all three of them moved west, towards where Kakariko Village stood.

OOC: Yeah, now that we're out of castle Town, we can't really move the storyline with out something that needs finding.