The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted

Ryoo placed his hands on the wooden fence above the stream from Zora's Domain. His eyes darted around Hyrule, sensing around hopefully. He started by the castle, and was shocked immediately. He found something completely new.

He had been around for a long time, and this was new. He removed his left glove, and the glow confirmed this wasn't something old, but was resurrected. What this thing was, he did not know. When he sided with good last time, things went very well for him, so his decision was to find allies who could aid him.

He continued a search, and eventually found something else that intrigued him. Two things actually. This was a new quest, but help from an old accomplice wouldn't hurt.

The mage removed his hands from the fence and set off to find the wolf he new from before. Things always lead him to other allies if he was with one.

Posted (edited)

Raelin felt her way around the buildings, trying to get her bearings. She thought she was getting closer to the South Gate, but she couldn't be entirely sure. But she had been trying to get past the throngs of panicked people, as well as the strange soldiers, and she had succeeded. She came at last into a street that was not full of smoke, and was completely devoid of people.

Looking around, she recognised the buildings, and nodded to herself. This was definitely the South Road. The gate was not far ahead. She had only to turn another corner and she would be there. Confidently, she walked in that direction. She could take the South Road out, then circle back around and re-enter the Castle from one of it's not-so-secret entrances. If her father had not seen what was happening in the city, she had to tell him immediately.

Then she suddenly remembered why she had left the Castle in the first place. She had forgotten about the man waiting for her in the Wolf's Den. There aren't any of those Furani men in this part of town...she thought. It should be safe. I just need to make it quick.

Walking more quickly now, Raelin turned the corner and passed across the South Road. She took the flight of stairs down to where the pub lay. There was light peeking from under the doorway, and she could hear voices inside. That seemed like a good sign; perhaps those inside weren't aware of the commotion further into town...?

Taking ahold of the handle, Raelin pushed the door open. Light filled her vision, causing her to squint for a moment as she entered and closed the door behind her. When her eyes adjusted to the light, she saw that things were not normal. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw that it wasn't the usual patrons that filled the pub. It was full of soldiers. Red-garbed, armed soldioers, all with their eyes fixed on her.

She turned and tried to yank the door back open, but it was suddenly locked. "No!" she cried in frustration as she pulled on the knob. She turned around, her back to the door, facing the Furani soldiers, who were now advancing on her. She pulled out one of her long knives; she had only taken one of them from the Castle, and she now regretted it. "Stay back!" she commanded, holding the knife in front of her.

But the soldiers did not stop.

---------

A dark man had entered the South Gate just as Raelin had crossed the South Road. Silent and unseen, and garbed in dark clothing, Raelin had not even noticed the man. But he saw her. Something in his mind told him that perhaps the challenge he sought was not far off.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Name:Solstice Wolves

Race:Wolves

History:These wolves were raised by the Twili, but several escaped into Hyrule. They travel in packs of 20-50.

Appearance:Black in color, with 3 inch claws. Their teeth are that of any normal wolf, execpt they are bright red. Their fur, is actually hard, and acts sort of like an armor. Their eyes are red as well.

Notes:They will attack anything they see. They like non-wooded areas, but generally avoid large human cities. They are sensitive to light, it takes away the armor like quality of their fur, making them able to be killed much easier. In they day, they simply disappear into the ground.

They are attracted to fire, it is what the Twili used to tame them. When they see fire, they will become loyal to you. If you don't have fire or light at hand, loud noise usually makes them run.

Posted

Sounds good. But try to refrain from controlling a whole pack of them at once, it might get complicated. You could take control of the pack leader or something, that would be good. But nonetheless, they aren't 'uber' powerful enough to be disqualified, so welcome to the RP.

Posted (edited)

Ooc: Just to avoid any confusion, that little bit on the end of mine was for Dark Fire, in case he wanted Trigger to come in. He did say he was coming to the South Gate. If you don't want to come in that way, I can edit it.

Also, you were looking for something to search for? I've never play any games with Vaati in them before (it was Four Swords, wasn't it?), so I don't know myself, but what did Link need to defeat him then? Keeping in mind that this is in the past, of course. Or perhaps he just needs to be sealed until he comes around again?

Posted

Vaati.gif

Well, he's not from the past, I wouldn't say. Sahaqiel's theory for The Minish Cap being after the flood was pretty compelling and the flood is meant to be soon after Twilight Princess according to his theories, so I'm going with that timeline. Vaati has been taken from after he died in the future after a tip off from Teto. The only one powerful enough to bring him back was Cecil, a man who held the Triforce of Power, for no other reason than for convenience sake, and that was passed onto Vaati when Cecil sacrificed himself to resurrect Vaati. The reason that light formed around Cecil's hand is because Vaati is one of the Minish and therefore small enough to fit into the palm of his hand. Vaati needed the power to become full sized. The wind references were to hint that it was him as he is a Wind Mage. So, with all of this in mind, can we think of any way to remove the Triforce from him so that he becomes a Minish and therefore small enough to stand on? And I don't think a simple spell would do it as he is powerful anyway. There's also the question of where the Triforce of Courage is now.

Anyway, I'll leave you with that. It's 11:29 pm over here in bonny Scotland.

Posted

Ooc: Triforce of Courage is....err.....somewhere....*shifty eyes*. Ralin's dead, so it must have passed somewhere. And, to clarify, Raelin does not have the Triforce of Wisdom. It's still in the family, though...I know where it is. :3

Posted

Good good. And Ryoo has the Triforce of Time. We could always rough him up and have Ryoo send Vaati to another time couldn't we?

So we still need a holder of the Triforce of Courage (Could be Dark Fire's character if he proves trustworthy enough to be a persistent RPer).

Posted

Ooc: I like his character already; he's got personality, and he sounds delicious. :P

Posted

OOC: I'm on practically every night, and whether something has majorly changed or if my character is being spoken to, I'll post almost immediately, excluding the time it takes to type up something, which will vary. But, it's up to the RP maker to decide who gets the Triforce of Courage.

BIC:

After watching the female character cross the Southern Road, Trigger grinned to himself, thinking that this person could be the challenge he seeks. After watching her decend the stairway towards the pub, Trigger followed stealthily after her, his bow drawn in his left hand. After reaching the bottom of the stairway, he saw the doorway, but from where he could see, the door itself looked as if it were locked. He looked around, and saw some crates stacked nearby, leading through an opening. Placing the bow back on his shoulders he walked over to the crates, and climbed them, though having some difficulty getting on top. Reaching for his bow silently, he crept inside unnoticed.

After a few paces in, he heard a female voice, saying, "Stay back!" Looking in the direction where the voice came from, he saw the female up by the door, holding up a long knife at several red-guarbed warriors swarming around her. He hadn't been noticed yet in the bright room, but while noticing the sight of the girl and the warriors, Trigger grit his teeth. He realized that if he didn't do anything about this, he surely wouldn't have his chance at a challenge. Silently reaching for an arrow, he placed it on the string and pulled it back, taking aim at the one closest to the girl. He looked for an opening on his robe, and immediately, released the string. The arrow soared and hit the man on the shoulder, digging deep through the man's flesh.

As the man yelled in pain, surprising the other fighters around him, Trigger placed the bow back on his shoulder and lept down from the upper level, unsheathing his sword as he hit the ground. 'It won't matter if they see me now. They'll die before they know it...' Trigger thought, as the soldiers looked in his direction. Trigger grinned, knowing what the outcome will be; surely these guys will attempt to surround him, and attack him from all the sides. Trigger shook his head as they approached, their weapons drawn for combat.

"This will be over before you know it..." Trigger muttered, the warriors surounding him, just like he expected. almost immediately, they all ran at him, their weapons ready for a thrusting blow. Jumping on the sword in front of him, Trigger stepped over the man and stabbed him in the back, as he ran towards another man, creating a wound on his stomach. Seeing a third and fourth warrior approach from the left, he swung his sword horizontally at them, striking only the one; the second jumping back to dodge the attack.

He felt a pain in his lower right arm, but immediately, brought his sword with his left hand around and stabbed the warrior who harmed him dead in the heart, killing him immediately. He turned back at his previous target, who was just stuttering in fear. Upon striking the man in the torso and forcing him to the ground, Trigger shook his blade free of blood as he looked around the now silent bar room. He sheathed his blade and walked towards the girl.

Upon a several feet from her, he said in a calm voice, "Place that knife away, for I do not wish to harm you..." He didn't want to fight her in the current state city, but now that he seen her up close, he sensed that she couldn't be a challenge in her current state. She was taller than what he saw from the distance, he then studied her facial features. Green eyes and shoulder-length, wavy brown hair, Trigger had an odd feeling that he'd seen her somewhere before, though he couldn't put his finger on it...

((OOC: Should anything be wrong with this post, let me know immediately so I can edit it...))

Posted (edited)

"This will be over before you know it..." Raelin heard the dark man say as the warriors swarmed around him. They had forgotten about her for a moment. She cursed herself for not carrying the rest of her weapons. This man must think I'm some damsel in distress! Or is he on their side...?

Then, she could only watch in amazement as the man quickly and easily disposed of the red-garbed warriors. One after the other they came at him, but each recieved a mortal wounds from the stranger's sword. No....she thought. Definitely not on their side. Suddenly he turned towards her. She lifted her knife instinctively, pointing at the man.

He stopped advancing. "Place that knife away, for I do not wish to harm you..." he said in a surprisingly gentle voice. He seemed to study her for a moment, before continuing, "I saw that you were in danger. I only wished to assist you." Raelin still did not lower the blade. She creased her brow, replying, "I could have taken them. Just because I am a woman does not mean that I'm helpless!"

Raelin then realized how ungrateful she must sound. After all, this man really had saved her life. This is no time to be vain! she scolded herself. Lowering the knife and slowly sheathing it, she faced the man again. "Forgive me.." she said. "I owe you my life, or at least my freedom. I was only angry at myself for not being more prepared." She looked around at the bloody wreck the Wolf's Den had become. She wondered where the barkeeper was, and the serving girls, and the patrons.....she shuddered to think of what the Furani might have done with them.

She looked back at the man's face. He was still looking back at her. He was tall, with black hair and deep, dark eyes. He seemed like a dark, starless night, personified. And yet he did not seem threatening, at least not now that he had finished chopping up the soldiers.

Raelin extended her hand. "My name is Raelin." she said.

Posted

Ooc: Don't worry about it. Gael's judgement is all the persuasion I need. All you have to do is work it into the RP whenever you like. You've already proven yourself worthy to me anyway and it's not like it the Triforce was going to be anywhere else. You're character, as I could tell from that awesome post, is courageous enough.

Bic: The three crossed the plain, the dark sky above slowly brightening and the smoke that bellowed out of Castletown mingled with the stormy clouds that hung overhead. They found it surprising that more people hadn't escaped the town and this thought only made them imagine the great loss and who might still survive. Kaylaa especially seemed the most nervous, on the verge of tears but determined to push on. Adn led the way, having the most experience navigating the expansive land to know the best path to their destination. Aeth didn't look at the others. He scanned the horizon for anything of any interest to himself, most important, the wolf he had seen before. So far his search had not come to fruition and he failed to spy any glimpse of the lone wolf anywhere. "Why are we going to Kakariko?" Kaylaa said suddenly, her voice choked up and fearful.

Adn didn't look back as she spoke, her eyes forward. "It's civilisation. If we're going to find anywhere to rest or eat, we need to find somewhere to do it and Castletown is out of the question." Kaylaa had no argument with this. It was good enough an answer for her right now. She returned to her worrying once more. "You two, we grow close. Ready yourselves. Castletown might not have been the only ones attacked, you know. Times like this come every hundred years. I was here the last time and I've learned to trust nobody. No matter how friendly you become, there is always deceit and betrayal." Neither Kaylaa nor Aeth fully understood these words. After all, history books never give the full story. And that's when they become legends.

Aeth scanned the field more and more, never stopping once to appreciate every blade of grass. The closer he looked, the emptier the land seemed to him. It was then that something caught his eye. A lone wanderer crossing the plain with what looked like a robe that hung on his shoulders. Aeth looked away, fearful that he may be one of the Furani. Whether he saw them or not was unclear but Aeth gave up the search for now, feeling the stare of the man on his back.

--------------------

Rain scaled the mountain, searching for a vantage point from which he could view Hyrule from above in search of anything he could that might lead him to Teto. He seemed to blend in surprisingly well with the great rock face of the cliff. He neared the top and eventually found it, after a long while of climbing and slipping, but remaining unharmed throughout.

Pulling himself over the edge, he rolled over the dirt and jumped to his feet before returning quickly to the cliff edge to look down on the landscape. Panting, he scanned it thoroughly, looking in every dip and every hill that marked the land. Every visible area had been searched. He saw only travellers and townsfolk fleeing the smouldering remains of the city in the light of dawn. There was no sign of Teto or anything that could possibly signal his appearance or recent disappearance. And by that, Rain envisioned destruction and misery. It was a saddening thought however and Rain wished not to dwell upon it for long.

Leaving his position, he bounded to another view point to look down on Kakariko. It seemed serene and ignorant of the horrible events taking place in Castletown. Vaati would soon be in total control of Hyrule and would most likely bring about a new age of depression like that of the "Dark Years" of a century ago. Down in the village, Rain saw nothing. Just more travellers and merchants, setting up their stalls early to beat the others and draw in the early shoppers. Soon though, all would change.

It was then that Rain felt a hand on his shoulder that made him jump to the side, almost slipping on the rocks but quickly regaining his balance and running to safety before looking back to the owner of the hand. It was a Goron. He stood calmly and looked at Rain. Looking closer, it was a young Goron, possibly the Goron equivalent to four years old. He was perfectly harmless. "Borlo! Don't move." an elder emerged from one of the caves and ran between the child and Rain. "Beast! Begone!" the Goron shouted in a deep voice, Rain stood perfectly still, trying to earn the Goron's trust. But it was no use, the Goron merely stared him down.

With a sigh, Rain turned away from the elder and the child and ran away, around the corner, peeking his head back out to watch them hastily return to the cave. It was then that Rain realised how hungry he was. He sat down and whimpered a little. Why am I even doing this? He looked to the cloudy sky. I'm not even strong enough to kill him even if I did find him. This is a fool's errand at best. I can't- Rain stopped himself. He was wasting even more time. There's nothing to be seen here.

He left his position and found the mountain trail. Following it, he soon reached the bottom. Though the Goron were awake, Rain was obviously too early for the merchants and others who travelled the trail each morning as it was void of life. Though it was odd. Rain had always though Gorons to be hard working and never ones to stay inside. Possibly they heard news of the attack from a lookout post and are preparing themselves? It didn't matter anyway. All that matters now Teto.

With that, Rain entered Kakariko village.

Posted

Adn had gotten her first glimpse of Kakariko Village. "Here we are!" she said. It looked mostly the same as before but, all the people were new to her. Kaylaa and Aeth were looking all around. It was clear to Adn that Kaylaa had never left Hyrule Castle Town. Adn looked back over the horizon, but could not see the great castle.

She led them quickly through the people, and just before reaching the Inn, she saw a bushy brown animal enter the village. She sighed and said to the others. "Go in. I'll stay out here. How many people would let a wolf into an inn?" Aeth and Kaylaa nodded and then Adn, rushed off, to get to a high point, she needed to know what was going on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaylaa and Aeth had gotten into the inn, and been given a room. It wasn't four star, but it was definately better than outside. Kaylaa had gotten a glimpse out of the window and could see a black animal streaking off. I wonder what she's doing?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adn looked around, something was way too normal about Kakariko, there had to be something. Adn had seen the brown animal a few other times, but had been to busy to really notice it. When she finally reached the lookout point. "Oh no." she breathed and darted down as fast as she could.

Posted

Hmmm. I have no idea what to add to that because I'm not entirely sure what you're seeing. I'm going to go with the Furani invasion, right? Well I'll continue later, I'm blacked right now you see.

Posted

Hmmm. I have no idea what to add to that because I'm not entirely sure what you're seeing. I'm going to go with the Furani invasion, right? Well I'll continue later, I'm blacked right now you see.

Yeah that's it.