The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted

Though the Goron were awake, Rain was obviously too early for the merchants and others who travelled the trail each morning as it was void of life.

How time flies, eh?

Posted (edited)

Ooc: Right. It's too early to be morning, so it is obviously night. Can we move on with the story, please? Oh, and Rain? Since you created this whole thing, you seem to be the best one to 'control' our villain. What's Vaati up to? Have the Furani taken the Castle? What's happened to the King...? Anyway, I post now.

Bic:

Raelin knew that Trigger was right; there were soldiers banging on the pub door now; it would only take a few minutes for them to break it down. Thinking quickly, she ran to the back of the pub and began hastily pushing crates and barrels aside. Trigger watched in curiosity, but also with a hint of recognition, as if he somehow knew she would do such a thing.

When the way was cleared, Raelin reached down and yanked up a floorboard, throwing it aside. Underneath the floorboard was a handle; very old, rusty, and covered in cobwebs. Stepping to one side, she grabbed ahold of it and pulled hard. An entire section of the old wood floor creaked and lifted up, revealing a stone staircase that led down into the darkness. It was a trapdoor.

"This leads to the East Gate," she explained hurriedly. "It comes out into the moat. We'll have to swim across to get to the tunnel leading out to the Field, but it isn't very difficult."

The banging grew more persistent outside; there was shouting now, and the wood of the door was beginning to splinter.

"Ladies first!" said Raelin, grabbing Trigger by the arm and then pushing him into the trapdoor. He stumbled down the first several steps, but soon righted himself, casting an annoyed glance back up the stairs. Raelin quickly descended the staircase and pulled to door shut behind her. "We have to run." she said. "They'll be following us."

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Trigger followed Raelin through the darkness of the passageway, his bow ready in case they were followed. He knew to be careful of his footing, because with one false move, he could be left for dead. He heard voices coming from the entrance of the tunnel, most of those Furani warriors he tooken care of earlier. He still kept his pace with Raelin the whole time, coming closer to what sounded like flowing water.

Soon after, both Trigger and Raelin saw a light at the end of the tunnel, seeing themselves at the moat Raelin mentioned earlier. Trigger listened again, but with the flowing water, he couldn't hear much from inside the tunnel. 'What the heck am I doing? Here I am, standing here like an idiot, as if I'm waiting for these Furani to arrive and either kidnap, or kill the princess of Hyrule.' Trigger thought, and, without hesitation, grabbed Raelin's hand and jumped in the moat, placing his bow on his back while doing so. Trigger wanted to appologize for this, but Raelin must've know that it was either this or fight, so he kept his mouth shut when they resurfaced.

Triger, still holding Raelin's hand, looked over on the other side of the moat, and saw what appeared to be another tunnel, just like she said. The current wasn't strong, so it wasn't hard to swim across it and back onto land. Letting Raelin out before him, Trigger looked back at the way the two came, however, seeing a group, about six or seven Furani warriors. 'Great. Well, at least we managed to get across, so there' no point in worrying about them. Beside, I don't see any of them equipped with a bow... Idiots.' Trigger thought, getting out of the water.

Trigger wanted to take quick dispose of them, but thought that they should hurry instead of wasting time killing these, idiots he would to call them for now. Trigger made sure that Raelin was ahead of him before following her, making sure that they weren't being followed by these Furani idiots. Once again, he was in the dark, following behind Raelin towards the field. It was a bit difficult to run while soaked, but what choice does he have, and besides, the idiots following behind were probably soaked as well. Hopefully that they would end up giving up on the chase and take the long way.

Posted

Down in the village, Rain saw nothing. Just more travellers and merchants, setting up their stalls early to beat the others and draw in the early shoppers.

But yeah, let's make it night then. I just thought that I'd skip ahead for the sake of realism but okay.

I'll post later. Have to go to school in, like, five minutes.

Posted

Adn was waiting atop the mountain for the other two. She looked around, the Gorons didn't seem to be out yet but, she had chosen a isolated stop for them. Aeth reached the cave first. Kaylaa seemed to have a question that she was waiting for a certain moment to speak.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaylaa had waited long enough and when Aeth was out of earshot Kaylaa asked "Adn, who was it?" Adn sighed "It was one of my...friends. But, then later another turned upon us and..." Then Adn stared down at the crystal gleming in the sun that was begining to shine. "Never mind...it's not important." Adn said. Kaylaa sighed and she did remember the story of the wolf who became a man...was this who she spoke of...?

OOC: Yeah, we also need to find an objective.

Posted

Raelin and Trigger finally emerged from the tunnel into the starlit night. A short wooden bridge was ahead of them, and beyond, Hyrule Field. Kakariko was still a ways away, off to the northeast. Raelin stopped a moment to catch her breath. She looked back behind them. She hoped that perhaps the Furani would give up the chase; what need would they have to follow two warriors? They didn't even know that she was the princess.

Or do they...? a tiny voice spoke up in Raelin's mind. It didn't make sense that they would. Had the Furani not been hidden under the streets of the city all these years? How would they know what the heir to the throne looked like? Unless, someone from within the Castle......

Raelin shivered. Pushing those thoughts aside, she glanced over at Trigger. He was surveying the Field ahead of them, clearly thinking hard about their next course of action. Raelin realized then that she didn't have to accompany this man any further. She was clear of the city now; perhaps it would be best to take her own road. After all, wouldn't it be more difficult to track down two people apart than together?

But then...where would I go? I have to do something to help Father.....she glanced back in the direction of the Castle. But I can't do it alone.

Suddenly, Trigger spoke, his cold eyes turning towards Raelin. "It will probably take us until daybreak to reach Kakariko Village. " he said. "That is, if we walk. Which, under these circumstances...."

Raelin nodded. "We have to get away from here. Walking isn't going to be fast enough." she agreed. "But we can't possibly run all the way to Kakariko, can we?"

Trigger, his face unreadable, simply answered, "I can."

Posted

Vaati entered the castle, the city burning behind him, the red glow on his back contrasted by the shadow of his face as he and several Furani soldiers faced the castle guards. The guards readied themselves and the soldiers seemed lax at best given the situation. Because, of course, with Vaati and the Triforce of Power, the battle was as good as lost for the opposition. The king stood behind the guards, holding a blade, though he hadn't much experience with it in his days.

The King raised his sword high above his head, without a word, signalling the attack. The guards held their swords at their sides, pointing forwards, and charged at the Furani, who remained at ease. Vaati raised his hand, showing his face, before lifting his left hand, releasing a burst of wind, pushing the guards to the ground, one of them falling upon his own sword as he turned in mid fall. With a grin, he waved his hand, brushing the immobilised guards to the side of the hall and ordered the soldiers to collect the living and take them to the basement, the King with them.

--------------------

Vaati sat down on the throne of Hyrule Castle, in front of a tall window from which the burning city could be seen and his estate could be viewed. One of the soldiers stood by him still, ready for his orders. His name was Reno. "Reno, what news of the other provinces?"

"They are all unaware of your arrival, sir." Reno answered, turning to Vaati, his blond hair rustled slightly in the breeze that emitted from Vaati.

"And of the Furani, how many traitors survive that know of my existence and my weaknesses?" Vaati asked, a grin forming on his face as the reality of ruling over Hyrule came down around him.

"Only one sir. Teto." Reno gritted his teeth as he uttered the name.

"Good. Only one. Have him dealt with immediately." Vaati ordered.

"Yes sir. I will order the soldiers." Reno said, leaving Vaati on the throne of Hyrule.

--------------------

Reno entered the barracks. "Men!" The soldiers gathered. "I need soldiers to accompany me on a manhunt. We are in search of Teto. The one traitor who knows of Vaati's weaknesses." The soldiers talked amongst themselves, obviously unaware before now that Vaati was weak to anything at all. "Any who come and succeed with me are sure to be rewarded." Reno added, the uncertainty apparent in the atmosphere. Several soldiers signed up for the hunt.

"We will first search the city for him." was their first order. They searched before seeing a dark looking figure entering the Wolf's Den. The chased him, but lost him along the way. They found Hyrule Field through the passageway they followed and soon made it to the East Gate where they found a dog, unconscious in the grass. They woke it and it stayed with them, obviously searching for something as they were.

And so the hunt continued for him, the one man who knew Vaati's weakness.

Posted

"All right." said Adn. "We'd better go back down the mountian, the wolves should be gone by now." She turned and began her walk down the mountian. The two others followed behind her. She looked up at the sky to see a few birds flying around the volcano in the middle of the mountian. After this...I supoose I'll have to go home too... She sighed aubibly and then froze. She saw a farmiliar face halfway down the mountian and quickly broke into a run.

Kaylaa could barely keep up with Adn when she was walking, nevermind running, she and Aeth reached the bottom a few minutes after Adn. That's when they saw him, and he triggered something in Kaylaa's memory. The mage...?

Posted (edited)

Nice post, Adn. Also, you might have noticed that Dustin added a Wiki edit for threads. I've already started up the Wiki for this one, so you can go and edit your characters details if you like.

You'll find the option under the first post of the thread.

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted

Just after Trigger said that he could run all the way to Kakariko, realization struck him. Leaving the Raelin here probably won't be the greatest idea, for if that could happen, a group of thieves might kidnap her and probably hold her ransom. Or worse, those Furani idiots catch up and take her back to the now partially ruined city. Either way, Trigger couldn't take the run himself without putting her in danger.

"I could..." Trigger repeated, turning around fully, "But if I were to leave you here, then you would be left to fend for yourself. I have... reasons why I shouldn't leave you behind." Trigger added, speaking calmly. He then looked up at the moon over head, which is only three quarters full, thinking about the events that happened today. First, he arrived at Castle Town, only to be led towards a local pub where he was forced to fight, and then he had to travel through some tunnels to get where he is now. Now he playing the role as the 'princess guardian' from his prospective, so basically he was doing Hyrule a big favor.

Trigger held his bow with his left hand, just in case of an ambush from a group of thieves. He listened and looked closely, though he didn't hear or see any signs of an ambush. Trigger knew that they needed to get to Kakariko as soon as possible, but with how Raelin was now, he wasn't exactly sure they would make it by morning. He looked back at Ralin, still holding his bow.

"It would be quite unlikely that those idiots would follow us this far. Why would they even want to search for us in the first place?" Trigger said, placing his right hand over half his face for a quick second, shaking his head, "It doesn't really matter anyways. They will have to give up sooner or later, so I guess we don't have to exactly get to Kakariko very quickly. It would actually be more wise to just remain here for the remainder of the night, and work our way to Kakariko in the morning. If we were to go right now, we'd be more exhausted for any possible fights up ahead and we'd be left for dead." Trigger explained, placing his bow on his shoulders. He then looked into Raelin's eyes, seeing them glint slightly in the moonlit night, waiting fro her response.

Posted (edited)

Raelin listened to what Trigger had to say, the nodded in agreement. "Agreed." she said. "But we're in the open here. If we find some shelter nearby..." she looked around the dark Field before she spotted a rock formation not far off. It was just a little to the north of where they stood now, and was set right against the base of a hill.

Tigger looked in the direction Raelin was looking, and then he nodded himself. "That should work for tonight." he said, then began walking in the direction of the stone. But he had only taken a few steps when he suddenly stopped, and turned back, apparently waiting for Raelin to follow.

Raelin's brow furrowed, and she opened her mouth to say something, but she quickly regained her composure. Her face a mask of calm, she passed Trigger and continued on towards their shelter. I see now...she thought bitterly to herself. I'm the helpless maiden, and he's the knight in shining armor who's going to protect me from the dangers of Hyrule! Is that how he thinks it is...?

Either that....or he's just patronizing me. Trying to win my trust, while all the while plotting...something. Raelin's heart skipped a beat, and she took a deep breath as she walked. He doesn't know who I am.....or does he?

Her mind began to tie pieces of the puzzle together. Is refusing to leave me here because he was told not to? To keep me with him until he can turn me over to whoever he's working for? she shook her head as she reached the stones, trying to force the thoughts out of her head. It didn't do any good to think of those sorts of things now, not when there were bigger things at stake. Besides, she knew that even if she tried to run from him, he could catch her if he was determined to. He was bigger, stronger, and probably faster than she was.

The stone structure was made of five large stones. Two acted as pillars, holding a third above the heads of whoever traveled there like a roof. A fourth, slightly smaller stone was set not far from the other three, close enough that one could climb it to reach the tops of the others. The fifth and largest was sharp and long, set right into the side of the hill, jutting out like a spike. Raelin sat down under the stone canopy, her back to one of the pillar stones.

Trigger arrived there moments later, carrying an armful of wood for a fire. He seemed confidant that they were not being followed, Raelin noted. He stacked the wood in the center of the stone formation and was reaching for a flint stone to set it alight. Then he heard Raelin utter a strange word.

"Goroshhan..." she said, and the logs suddenly burst into flame. Trigger lost his composure for a moment, his eyes widening in shock and locked on Raelin's calm face. She stared back into his eyes, then shrugged and lay down on her side, turning her back to the fire.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Trigger looked at her as she settled herself on the ground, her back towards the flame. He kept his ears open in case of any suspision of an attack. 'I should've expected the princess herself to be able to use magic.' Trigger thought, now thinking about what the people of Kakariko will say, or do, when Raelin appears into the village tomorrow. He shook that thought aside, trying to put his focus to reality.

All he could hear was the wind blowing outside, though it sounded more like a gentle breeze than anything major. Trigger then removed his right glove, taking a look at the back of his hand. He saw a symbol of three triangles upon it, outlined in grey. Many people from the village believed that it was just a birth mark, but Trigger soon began to research on it, only to give up on it. He didn't find any known history of any of these triangles being placed on a person during birth.

He let out a sigh, as he continued to look over it. He had an odd feeling that Raelin was probably curious at what he was looking over, but he didn't care. Raelin had the right to see the symbol, whether she was the princess or not. She might know something about it, or she might not, it depends on how luck works in this world. That is, if Trigger believed in luck, which he didn't. But nonetheless, he continued to look it over, still listening for any movement from outside the cave.

Posted

Rain saw a burst of flame from the mouth of the cave.

--------------------

Reno saw a burst of flame from the mouth of the cave.

"Men, search that cave. Teto may be in that cave, or possibly the two survivors from earlier. If news reaches the other provinces, they will be more prepared for our attack in the coming days. And I'm sure we would all like to save ourselves the hassle." The men seemed in agreement. The dog looked around, unsure of what was going on.

All of the men readied themselves for a battle within the mouth of the cave.

The dog whimpered a little to Reno who patted her softly on the head. "You can come with me." the dog seemed to understand the word "Come" as a command to follow. She stood at his side and waited for him to act. He drew his sword and slipped on a black glove on his left hand, tensing his fingers.

--------------------

Rain found himself sprinting across the field towards the flicker of flame. He disregarded the dark figures on the field until the one the others left behind, a dog at his side, stood in the field, watching his soldiers. White robe. Blond hair. Black gloves. It's Teto. I was told of this but not to expect it. What's going on?

--------------------

Reno balled his left hand into a fist and held it next to his face, drawing a long breath as a blue light formed in his hand. "Come on, girl." Reno said calmly, walking after his men who had already been spotted and prepared themselves.

"Teto!" Rain barked at him from the field behind. Reno turned quickly and his eyes lay upon Rain, who was already charging at Reno.

Rain leapt, aiming for his neck, but Reno grabbed him with his left hand and threw him to his side where he rolled to a stop. Reno raised his sword. "From where do you know that name, and why do you label me so?" he asked forcefully.

"I've been sent to kill you and was also told of this form you take on. You cannot hide it from me." Rain growled, standing up, shakily.

"Then you have been misinformed, my dear wolf." Reno didn't seem at all unsettled by the talking wolf. It was as if he had experienced such things already. "I am no longer Teto. I once was possessed by him, but that is me no longer. He is a traitorous rat and my only wish it to see him dead, like you. He killed the only part of me making me who I was. I am a mere shell of the creature I once was until I was infested and my spirit destroyed by him."

Rain wasn't sure what to say. Maybe there was something I missed when researching this? "But... What did he kill inside of you?" Rain asked, curiosity distracting him from what really mattered.

"He was called Subae. Teto destroyed him, not here, but in another, alternate existence. That's all I can tell you. Now begone and leave me to my duties." Reno spat, turning to the cave mouth again. He saw a man standing alone at the entrance, holding a bow. He's killed them already? Reno thought, fearful awe taking hold on him. He stared, in a daze, for a moment until he saw the man lift the bow and pull back an arrow, taking aim on Reno.

Reno snapped his fingers and was consumed in a blue flame, disappearing from sight. The dog looked around quickly, unsure what was going on, whimpering in fear of the man with the bow. She ran as the arrow sailed through the air, already fired before Reno had vanished. The dog ran into it's path and it struck her in the hind left leg, rendering her immobilised. The man saw Rain, but not before he was almost out of sight, headed for Kakariko.

Meanwhile, the man approached the injured dog.

Posted

Ryoo looked down from the tower. Upon the ground, he saw what his suspicions thought to happen come true. The familiar wolf and two companions. He teleported to the ground for a simpler conversation between them.

"How are you still standing here?" Adn asked the mage.

"I was stabbed through the chest and survived, and this surprises you? What I want to know is how did you survive the years? Most wolves die quickly, but you fought a dark copy of yourself, stole souls with a paradoxic crystal, went insane and escaped a twili dragon."

Kaylaa and Aeth were confused. They hadn't thought Adn to be as an interesting a character as he described. Kaylaa motioned slightly towards Ryoo.

"Do I know you?" she asked, to a response of "I give that impression. Though, you are giving me de ja vous from a weird event. What's your name?"

"Kaylaa."

"And I'm Aeth."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ryoo. Question is, where do we go?"

Posted

Rain, Reno is a city in Nevada. You may want to reconsider the character's name.