The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Bic: Aeth looked around the village. People emerged from their homes and the wolves retreated to the shadows as dawn began to break in the darkening sky. The people feared the omen of fierce weather was indeed true. It could be seen in their actions and heard in their voices. They knew that the worst was yet to come. They had only just recovered from the attacks of 100 years ago and they didn't want their village to be laid to waste yet another time.

Aeth answered Ryoo's question almost instantly. "We need to find the Furani. Their base." Aeth said quickly. Kaylaa cast a worried glance.

"No, that is unwise." Ryoo began, brushing off Aeth's foolishness. "They would overpower us if we were to find them and I am most certain we could find answers outside of their quarters now that they have surfaced. All we need to do is seek the information and 'ingredients', as it were, and put into action our plan."

"You've been planning this?" Kaylaa asked quickly.

Adn knew Ryoo well and answered quickly as Ryoo opened his mouth to speak. "It's the procedure." Adn said calmly, glancing back at Kaylaa, taking her by surprise for a moment.

"Then what are the 'ingredients'?" Aeth asked, eager to hear Ryoo's plans.

"Hmm. Well we need a weakness. And then we need to exploit that weakness. When we know the weakness, the ingredients will show themselves to us. With Dark Link, he had no weakness. Only a wall of power stopping us from accessing him. We overpowered that with an army at our side and his true weakness was his inability to defend against multiple attacks. That was easily exploited."

"So how do we find out the weakness? You seem to know alot about most things, so what do you suppose we do?" Kaylaa asked, trying to fit into Ryoo's logic.

"I haven't a clue right now as to where his power resides or where he comes from. He obviously isn't of this world. Or this time perhaps..." Ryoo thought it through for a second, leaving the other three in suspense. "Wait." Ryoo said quickly. "The Triforce. Something was wrong when I came here. I felt a presence. The Triforce. Do you think... Do you think that maybe he holds the Triforce? If so... That maybe his weakness."

That was all they came up with. The others lost for ideas or solutions.

Ooc: Yeah, I'm just going to say that they know someone has taken over. Let's just leave it at that.

Rain, Reno is a city in Nevada. You may want to reconsider the character's name.

We're not exactly going to think, "Reno cast a spell? How can he? HE'S A CITY. OMFG, NOOB.". So we'll be fine.

You might want to revise your logic before acting like an idiot.

I've also been debating whether or not to let your wolves stay, so you might want to watch your mouth.

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Trigger watched as the arrow soared through the air, but he realized that he shot to late, and the stranger disappeared in the distance. Across the front of the cave, there laid many bodies of the Furani, all with arrows in them. 'Heh, I guess I was wrong about them not following us. No matter, they didn't stand a chance anyways, those idiots.' Trigger thought, walking towards a wounded dog in the distance. He heard her wimper, mainly because the arrow he shot off earlier was in her hind left leg. 'Dammit, I should've shot it quicker than that...' He thought, now five feet away from the dog. She appeared to be unsure of the current situation.

Trigger crounched in front of the wounded animal, slowly letting his arm out so she could get his sent and believe that he wasn't a threat. She sniffed his hand, whimpering from pain. Trigger dealt with a similar incident when he was still in Kakariko, so he knew what to do. He slowly stroked her head, as he reaced and slowy pulled out the arrow. After placing the arrow on the ground, he reached into his pocket and pulled out another medical herb, wrapping t around her leg, to prevent any more excessive bleeding. She seemed to be in a bad condition as it was, so he picked her up a took her back to the cave.

He placed her by the fire, as she let out a small bark, followed by some slight whimpering. Trigger could tell that the dog was confused at what was going on, but he then looked back at Raelin. She seemed unharmed, a bit shocked, but other than that, she was okay. "I guess those idiots are smarter than I thought, but still dumb enough to take me on when I have an advantage." Trigger said, his arms crossed. The back of his right hand was now completely visible to Raelin now, though he didn't care if she knew what it is about.

"Nonetheless, I did catch a glimpse of their quite possible leader, though he disappeared before I got a shot at him, even though it missed. This dog here, who would appeared as though she was accompaning him, got in the way took the hit. She'll be fine though, but she seems in rough condition as it is." Trigger explained, as he noticed the sun rising outside. "Anyways, we should probably get going here soon, the longer we linger here, the more of those Furani idiots show up..." Trigger said, as he grabbed his bow and checked how many arrows he had left. 'Thirty-two, that should be enough to handle the walk to Kakariko.' he thought, standing in waiting for Raelin.

Edited by Dark Fire (see edit history)

Posted

Raelin had woken up to the sounds of shouting, and of weapons being drawn. She was unsure if this was part of her dream or reality, but she then heard the twang of a bow only a few feet away, jerking her the rest of the way awake. She leapt to her feet in time to see the last two Furani soldier fall to the ground, arrows in their chests. The bodies of several others lay around them.

Trigger stood at the mouth of the stone cave, his eyes scanning the horizon for other enemies. Seeing none, he lowered his bow and walked out amoung the carnage. There was an animal, perhaps a dog, out in the field, apparently injured by one of Trigger's arrows.

Raelin took deep breaths to calm herself. They followed us. They know who I am. They have to, why else would they?! She cursed ehrself for her luck, and for her helplessness.If Trigger hadn't been there, she thought, she would have easily been captured. It was foolish of them to light the campfire, she knew now.

Well, the fire was his idea. Taking a small amount of satisfaction from this thought, Raelin watched as Trigger carried the dog back to the campsite, gently setting her down. The dog looked like she had seen more than her fair share of fights, but she was still a beautiful animal.

"I guess those idiots are smarter than I thought, but still dumb enough to take me on when I have an advantage." Trigger said, crossing his arms. "Nonetheless, I did catch a glimpse of their leader, though he disappeared before I got a shot at him though it missed and this dog, who would appeared as though she was accompanying him, got in the way took the hit. She'll be fine though, but she seems in rough condition as it is."

Raelin then noticed something on the back of Trigger's hand. It was a mark, but she couldn't quite see it clearly. He continued, "Anyways, we should probably get going here soon, the longer we linger here, the more of those Furani idiots show up..." Raelin nodded blankly as she watched his hand out of the corner of her eye, trying not to draw attention to herself. Trigger was looking at his quiver, probably checking his supply of arrows.

That's the....Triforce? Raelin realized. Most people in Hyrule these days recognized the sign of the Goddesses, but what was it doing on the back of Trigger's hand? Is it a tattoo....? This was odd to Raelin. She had only seen that mark borne by one other person.

"It's something of a family heirloom, Rae." her father had said. She was ten years old at the time, just after she had gone to visit her uncle. She did not know what the mark on her uncle's hand had meant.

"Some say a it's a blessing on the Royal Family that we have it, others say it's a curse. But it will always be there, passed down through the Royal Family until the day comes when it's power will be needed again."

"Power? What power?" Raelin had asked. Her father had simply smiled, saying he would tell her when she was older.

Suddenly, she snapped out of her reverie. Trigger was staring at her. "Ah....yes...." she said. "Yes, we have to get moving." Kicking ashes over the remains of the fire, she grabbed her bag and pulled her knife out of it. "Just give me a moment first."

Taking a fistful of her brown hair, she lifted the knife and slashed it. It fell to the ground as she quickly grabbed another lock and cut it off too. "What are you doing..?" questioned Trigger. "Making myself unrecognizable." she said, but quickly realized her mistake. Right....he's not supposed to know that either... Thinking quickly, she said, "The Furani probably saw me going into the Wolf's Den.." she said. "If they know what I look like, they can ask around, and people will point them in our direction. And that man in white may have seen me from a distance. It's just a precaution."

there was now a pile of brown hair on the ground, and Raelin's hair now resembled a young man's. Putting her knife away, she said, "I'd dye it if I had the proper herb or the time, but that can wait. Let's get going."

Posted

Ooc: I'm going to double-post now. So sue me.

Bic:

"The Triforce is no weakness.....you should know that better than anyone, Ryoo." a voice said from close by. Kaylaa visibly jumped in surprise; Ryoo and Adn turned towards the voice.

Emerging from the pathway up the mountain came an old woman, with long silver hair. She looked physically no older than sixty, but there seemed to be a wisdom, an aura about her that spoke of a much longer existence. A young man with auburn hair walked beside her.

She stopped, and looked at each of the travellers in turn, finally turning her gaze to Adn, smiling slightly. "Adn." she said. It took Adn a moment, but she soon recognized the scent. Recognition shone in her eyes. She spoke.

"Lae."

Lae smiled. "I didn't think you would have forgotten me, old friend. It's been a hundred years, and I still smell like our old home, don't I?" She turned to Ryoo. "Nice to see that you're still kicking." she said. "I'd thought that you maight have turned yourself into a fish or a squirrel by now. I'd hoped I'd have something funny to tell Moira when I finally pass from this world....ah, well..you can't have everything you want."

"Lae.....I thought...you said you had become mortal. Your powers were gone!" Adn said in disbelief.

"I thought they were." Lae answered. "And they were, for the most part. But something in there is still keeping me alive. Perhaps it is the way time flows in this world. I may never know, not that it makes much difference." She beckoned for the young man to come forth. Hesitantly, he stepped forward, eyeing Adn cautiously.

"This is Shen." Lae explained. "He is my son."

Ryoo nodded at Shen, who nodded politely in return. Kaylaa remained silent, as did Adn. Shen then spoke. "We think that Vaati may possess the Triforce, but not the entirety of it."

"We knew that..." Ryoo said dryly. "If he had all three pieces, this battle would be over."

"Yes." continued Shen, ignoring Ryoo's sarcasm. "We know it cannot be the Triforce of Wisdom, for one of the Royal Family currently holds that piece. We don't know where the Triforce of Courage is, but we doubt that's the one he owns. That leaves Power. How he came in possession of that.....who knows. But my mother has...well, a theory of sorts."

Lae spoke up then. "It was bestowed upon Vaati accidentally. His coming here disrupted the flow of time. As you may already know, Adn....Vaati should not be here. His presence contradicts all the histories and prophecies of Hyrule that we already knew. Somehow, while the Triforce of Power was in limbo, waiting for it's rightful bearer, Vaati was forced into this time and he somehow collided with it."

"He collided with the Triforce...?" asked Ryoo, crossing his arms. "That's a new one."

Lae shrugged. "There's a first time for everything, mage."

"Do you have a solution, Lae?" Adn asked.

Nodding, Lae nodded towards Shen. Shen took the hint, and spoke. "We think that the only way to dispatch of Vaati may be to simply send him back to his true place in time. It doesn't sound promising, I know.....someone far in the future, according to my mother, is going to have to deal with him eventually."

Posted

QUOTE (Grandmaster Phoenix @ Apr 27 2009, 06:14 PM) *

Rain, Reno is a city in Nevada. You may want to reconsider the character's name.

We're not exactly going to think, "Reno cast a spell? How can he? HE'S A CITY. OMFG, NOOB.". So we'll be fine.

You might want to revise your logic before acting like an idiot.

I've also been debating whether or not to let your wolves stay, so you might want to watch your mouth.

Im not trying to be rude or anything, I'm just letting you know. Sorry if I offended you.

Posted (edited)

Adn's mind was racing Lae! She listened intently to the discussion. She wasn't quite sure about this, just sending him to someother time, may not be a permanant solution but, it should keep him out of Hyrule for a while. If that's the best they could do then, she was in for it. But, past that, Adn was still focused on Lae. She had aged quite a bit, but, Adn could still see the Lae she met along time ago. Before she left Hyrule, before- Adn shook her head. It wasn't important.

Kaylaa was just as speechless as Adn appeared to be for the first few minutes of the conversation. She couldn't believe that all these people from Hyrule's past were here and that they were going to send Vaati to another time. She didn't quite understand it but, she knew about how, the Triforce of Time. Ryoo possesed it and maybe, their only way to save Hyrule.

Edited by Adn (see edit history)

Posted

Trigger nodded as he gestured for the dog to come. As she came forward, Trigger heard her wimper slightly. 'The herb should almost be finished taking effect. The first was to stop the flow of bleeding, now the second effect is to heal any wounds from he inside.' Trigger thought, as he stroked her head slowly when she was right in front of him. He then led the way towards Kakariko, Raelin and the dog following close behind. Trigger held his bow however, in case of any unwanted fights were up ahead.

None came, however, and Triger just sighed as they came into the village, silent as always. Well, save for one group of people talking near the center of the village. None of them looked familiar to Trigger's eye, so he thought that they were just travelers. One wolf caught his attention, however, but he shook his head. The village was free of the Furani, so that means they can just relax for the time being. The dog that was with him let out a bark and ran towards the group of people, wagging her tail while doing so. 'It did appear as if she was looking for someone, and that person just so happens to be i the village.' Trigger thought, showing a small smile as the dog sat by the group of people, barking happily.

"Anyways, you are free to do as you wish within the village, just be careful though. Some people are not as trusting as they appear..." Trigger said, as he walked towards the group of people. As he approached the group, he place his right glove over the mark, just as a few people raised their heads.

((OOC: Will post again later, as I'm on a school computer.))

Posted

Horo ran up in front of Kaylaa and barked at her a couple of times before she recognised the dog, obviously not knowing her real name. "Hello, I remember you." Kaylaa said quietly with a smile, patting the dog on the head. She and the others noticed a man approach slowly. He would have seemed a more shadowy character had he not been wearing the red traveller's cloak and his subtle, dazzling ice blue eyes. Ryoo saw him slip a glove over his left hand before dropping it back at his side as he walked. Ryoo grabbed his left hand, determined not to let the glow shine through. The man held a bow on his back and a sword on his right hip, implying that he would unsheathe it with his left hand. A woman who looked in her 20s walked shortly behind him, looking around at the village and the wreck that the wolf attack had left it in.

"What happened here? Have you been attacked here too?" Trigger inquired, stopping and looking about the village.

"No, not by the Furani. But by wolves. It seems misfortune strikes the land periodically." Ryoo said, greeting Trigger with a stare which implied suspicion. Ryoo extended his left hand, determined to learn whether or not his suspicions were correct. The man grabbed his hand and shook for a moment before pulling his hand away and stepping back. Ryoo grinned, "My name is Ryoo and these are Aeth, Kaylaa, Adn, Lae and Shen.", Ryoo gestured to each in turn as he gave their names to who he knew held the Triforce of Courage.

The woman slowly pulled up next to the man and caught looks from each of them. She looked at each of them in turn before her eyes lay upon Aeth. He wore robes similar to those of the Furani mages that helped overrun Castletown. She gave him a look of mistrust and stepped a little behind the man with the ice blue eyes. He shook his hand a little, an odd feeling grabbing at the back of his hand, tightening it a little and loosening it. He wasn't sure what to make of it though as he had never once had this feeling. There was something about this man... This Ryoo. He was suspicious at best.

--------------------

Reno appeared again in the graveyard of Kakariko. It was still dark and the sounds of growing chaos resounded from the village. Screaming, fierce snarling and barking. It was obviously of wolves. He looked about himself and saw he was standing on a grave. He jumped off it and stood aside, waiting for any signs of what he should do. It seemed an impossible situation now. He lacked the energy to take himself back to Castletown immediately and he couldn't leave on foot until the wolves left, if they did.

Mist drifted across the earth from unknown origins and disappeared as they approached the edges of the graveyard. Glows emitted from random places in the mist. Feet shuffled, faint sobbing could be heard through the screams. There was something especially odd about the place. Reno cast a glance about his surroundings before proceeding quietly down the path that had been made through the centre of the graveyard. He heard the retreat of the wolves as the screams died down, giving way to the unsettling sound of crying and his own, slow footsteps coupled with the crunch of the gravel beneath his feet.

He felt what seemed like a burst of wind push him to the ground. He rolled to a stop, crushing flowers that lay at the foot of a well-taken-care-of gravestone that bore the name: 'Ishka'. Reno got to his feet and saw a man standing in the darkness. There was s red glow from his face. His mask. "Teto?" Reno asked, stepping back a little.

"How perceptive of you Reno." He shot back sarcastically, stepping forwards and waving a hand to his left, pushing Reno back to the ground. As Reno struggled back up, Teto swept over the gravestones and landed in front of Reno before grabbing him by the neck and pushing him to the stone wall of the graveyard. He lifted Reno up the wall, tightening his grip. "You've been ever so troublesome to me, Reno. I thought after I killed Subae that you would cease to persist with you endeavour to kill me. And I hoped that after sending you to another world that our paths wouldn't cross again. It's just unfortunate for you that I had sent you here in such a dark time." Reno couldn't speak but he continued to struggle, seemingly ignoring what Teto said. "I'm sorry it had to come to this, but when you have to go..." Teto stopped and chuckled. "You have to go." Teto drew a small knife from his belt and lifted it to Reno's neck. "Neither of us are any good for this world. It's better this way, you see. You are part of the invading forces and you are also my assassin. You're no good to anybody now, are you?" The knife pressed into his flesh and a little blood seeped out and down to the hilt of the blade. "Goodbye, Reno."

Teto pulled the knife sideways and Reno grabbed Teto's arm and pushed himself away and out of Teto's grip. Reno rolled to the ground and agilely got to his feet before sweeping a hand through the air, casting a bright light at Teto who swept it aside angrily before pushing Reno backwards again. Reno was sent backwards before hitting hard into the corner of a tall gravestone, there was a snap and Reno fell over it, to the ground behind. His hand still hung on the top of the gravestone before sliding down, leaving a dark red stain on the back of the gravestone. Reno fell still and Teto stood in the mist as dawn broke on the graveyard, Reno's body left behind the gravestone and out of sight for now. Not like anybody would catch him. He snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Posted (edited)

The wolves smelled blood.

Some of them chaged to the graveyard. Reno's corpse. They dragged it out into the village where they feasted on it, along with the rest of the pack. Bones, and tattered clothing remained. The wolves left the village, and headed into the field again to hunt there.

---

Sorry about short posts.

Edited by Grandmaster Phoenix (see edit history)

Posted

:/ No Godmodding allowed in my RP. Get out.

Posted (edited)

What do you mean Godmodding?

They got something, and headed elsewhere to hunt more. Like normal animals.

Edited by Grandmaster Phoenix (see edit history)

Posted

You ate my character's corpse...

You can change it, but it doesn't matter. You're out.

Posted

You suck.

Im re-adding you to my ignore list.

Really, I didn't want to start this again, but it appears as if you want to.

Posted (edited)

I have to admit, Rain is right. You said that your wolves can only appear during the night, not the day, and as mentioned in an earlier post, it's currently day time in the RP.

And what you just posted was that your wolves randomly appeared in the day, when they weren't supposed to. Trust me, I've been on a few other RP sites, and I know when people godsmod or not. Besides, if the RP maker had ideas for the corpse being there, you should PM him/her first before you post that your character is going to eat it or not. If he/she did have future ideas for it, don't do anything and leave it be. I always do that in the other RPs I participate in on other sites. Just letting you know, Phoenix.

Edited by Dark Fire (see edit history)

Posted

No, you misunderstand. Reno appeared in the graveyard just after Trigger shot at him and Teto killed him shortly before dawn, so the wolves would have been on the way out of the village when they desecrated my character's corpse. It was in character for the wolves, but I'm just not fond of my characters being devoured without my prior knowledge.