The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted

Rain shook his head harshly, getting to his feet. His eyes fell on the slightly pale face of what seemed like a young woman, although there was something different about her. Something he couldn't place. "Now, do tell me you're a nice doggie...." the woman said, coughing with a smile. Rain thought this odd behaviour and her smile wasn't what he would say kindly, but in a way a bit off colour for any sane person.

"Yes?" Rain answered, anxiously, backing away a little. She had purple hair. She looked quite the character to Rain's eyes. "Who are you?"

Posted

"Yes?" the wolf spoke...!? The wolf could talk!? Esme blinked, taking a few steps back herself.

"Who are you?" The wolf spoke again!

"W-who am I?" Esme paused, and blinked again. "I don't think that matters! You speak! What kind of dog talks!?" She nearly skrieked, she certainly looked mad now, but that insanity melted away from her face. She knelt down, her brow (seeing only one was viasble due to the part of her hair) arched. "Are you really a wolfy?" She asked softly, reaching her hand out to Rain, smiling again, the friendlist she could. "I'm Esme, by the way, but you can just call me...! Uh.. well, Esme..." She frowned, and wrinkled her nose. "And you, Mr. Talking Wolf?"

Posted (edited)

Rain let her rest her hand on his head and she pulled it away slowly. "I'm Rain..." he answered awkwardly. "And yes, I'm a wolf. Well mostly." Esme looked a little confused as to what 'mostly' implied, but Rain wasn't going to answer anymore questions on the matter. "So, you're called Esme?" she didn't respond, either out of some kind of detatched trance she was in or because she sensed that the question whas rhetorical. It was difficult to tell with this one. Rain managed a smile, waiting for her to speak. He seemed to enjoy the attention.

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted

At Rain's request, I'll see if I can contribute to this. For now, I will simply introduce my character.

Name: David Shaide

History: Born in Castle Town, he was raised on the streets and eventually took up the career of a thief. After being approached by an enemy of the monarchy and a member of a cult he wasn't familiar with, his occupation changed from simple thief to dangerous assassin. Until, that is, he botched one of his missions. After that mission, his memory is blank when he awakens in Kakariko Graveyard one evening, confused and lost.

Appearance: Lightweight, hooded black cloak, a simple dagger, and some leather wrist guards used by archers.

Posted

Detatched from his body, Reno walked across the graveyard. He walked up and past a man who looked about the graveyard in confusion. he must have been hidden beneath the mist when Reno had arrived. Teto was long gone by now and the sun was almost out.

He turned away from the man and drifted over the graveyard. The dark clouds parted way for the blue sky as time flew past him, unnoticing of his existence. Circling the drain, he saw a flicker of orange and the tail of a tiger. There was a burst of sunlight and he found himself circling the drain, reappearing again in Castletown, next to Subae.

Posted

"Huh..." She nodded, the ngrinned and rested her hand back on Rain's head, petting him. "Well, than, Rain! Do you know why its been soo... boring around here lately?" She laughed her usual laugh, "Though, last time I visited Hyrule it was under shrouds of..." Hereyes went dull almost, and she shook her head, her brows furrowed. "Nevermind that! Hahehehahee! Where ya headed?" She was so.. strange. The way she tilted her head to the side a bit, her ghostly complextion, the saturated eyes... She obviously wasn't from these lands, which ment she probably had no relation here, in Hyrule.

She must be so alone...

[Yeahyeah, Bathy, its the same Es, kind of (; we should make some angsty bg for her and teto? drama!]

Posted

Where am I? The man opened his eyes, allowing them to adjust to the dull sunlight. The damp ground cushoned him, and at the same time overwhelmed him. Walls of earth surrounded him on four sides, and he sat up in the strange, earthen, rootless room in which he found himself. Who am I? He groped around, searching for a clue. His searching fingers met a cold object strapped to his calf; a dagger. I'm an assassin, of course. My name...Daniel? No, David. Why can't I remember? He stood, wobbling quite a bit but using the mud beside him to keep his balance. His legs were strong, he could tell. But it felt as if his feet had forgotten how to walk, his hands how to grab. The cold numbness that covered his skin was slowly replaced by a calm warmth. Life.

His legs were remembering their skills, and he pulled himself out of the hole he was in. It was an empty grave, and he was surrounded by the souls of the dead. Monarchs, merchants, farmers, they were all equal here. Their names were carved into stone, yet this was the great equalizer. This is what I want in life. Equality, justice. The man...he spoke of the monarchs, told me the truths. I should find him. He began walking forward, making his way toward the town that he could see on the horizon. He passed under a broken sign on which black birds with matted feathers sat. Kakariko Graveyard.

Posted

Raelin's mind began to wander as this group of strangers began discussing among themselves what was to be done about Vaati. Who is Vaati...? wondered Raelin. Is he the leader of the Furani? And what does the Triforce have to do with any of this...? Her mind was having a hard time wrapping itself around all of this new information.

While Trigger still seemed to be listening intently, Raelin took a few steps back, distancing herself from the crowd. She ran a hand through her short hair and took a deep breath. I've gotten myself wrapped up in something big, haven't I...? she thought bitterly as she turned her head all around, viewing the high cliff-top homes and buildings that now dominated the Kakariko landscape. Her eyes eventually settled on a small road leading up the hill, away from the city.It disappeared behind a bend, but she remembered seeing it before, perhaps in a book she had read. It was the road to the graveyard.

Curiously, she began walking closer to the road. She wasn't exactly sure why it intrigued her so much, but it wasn't as if she was adding much to the others' planning session, so she kept walking.

Posted

Trigger listened instinctivly to Ryoo, about that the village was attacked last night, however not by Furani idiots, but by wolves. In an instant, only on specfic name came to his mind, "Solstace". He knew that these wolves had twili blood within them, making them stronger than most wolves, plus their fur can be like armor in the night. He also knew that they were obediant and loyal to those who have fire with them, but only fire. Also they would never appear during the day, but at night where they are much stronger, as they hated light. But something about Ryoo however, had Trigger begin to suspect that he worked for the Furani, deep within him. He didn't want to cause a disturbance within the village, so he kept quiet on that subject.

However, this man, supposibly known as Vaati, is said to be a quite powerful mage. And, according to what Trigger was listening in to, is that this Vaati character held something known as the "Triforce of Power". For all Trigger knew, he only believed that the legend of the Triforce is nothing but a fairytale. He read several stories about a theif known as Ganondorf who possessed this same, "Triforce of Power" who fought against a strange hero who possessed the "Triforce of Courage", and the stranger would always carry some mythical blade, known as the Master Sword. But, for all he knew, is that it wasn't true in his mind.

"So you were talking about a person named Vaati, right? If he really is as powerful as you say, he might be considered a good opponent by my standards. Might any of you know of his location?" Trigger asked, although the only reaction by most of the people was shock and surprise. Trigger then realized what he said, that he wanted to challenge someone who was quite skilled, someone that he's been searching for a while now. According to the expressions given by the people, this Vaati character is stronger than what he first believed. Plus, he didn't even know why he didn't speak with this kind of courage before. Actually, he began thinking, as the first time he felt like this was a few months befor he even left Kakariko.

"If you heard us, then you would've known that he is too powerful to be defeated by normal hands, but for someone like you, it would take some serious courage to dare challenge him." the woman known as Lae spoke, quite calmly. Trigger read about her before, how she was one of the wisest people in Hyrule and she offered her will to give advice. "Vaati is not one who is to be underestimated quite easily, however. His magic abilities surpass almost everyone in Hyrule, save for those who carry the remaining Triforce fragments."

Trigger looked down as he scratched the back of his head, thinking about this. 'Seriously, the Triforce is nothing but a legend. Even if I have a birthmark of it on the back of my hand, what does it matter? That because I have one special mark on my hand, it suddenly means that I possess something that has the power of one of the goddesses?' Trigger thought, still in denial. But, with these sudden changes in his behavior, plus the fact that he was more courageous than he was several months ago, he's been thinking otherwise as well.

"Where Vaati currently is, we're not to sure about. If you truely are asking for a death wish, we're not going to force you to stop. Don't forget though, we did try to warn you." Lae said, as Trigger looked up at the elderly woman. He nodded as he looked around, unfortunately not seeing Raelin anywhere. ' She shouldn't have gone far, but still. She is the princess, and if anything happense to her, I'm put to blame. Trigger thought, as he looked back at the group.

"If you're wondering where that girl went, she headed towards the graveyard." Lae said, as Trigger nodded as he followed the path towards the graveyard.

Posted

Kaylaa was too busy watching the small dog to see Adn slip off after the Sheikah. She didn't know it's name but, she remembered her quite clearly. She was one of those dogs found on the streets of Castle Town and Kaylaa would play with her and feed her. If the dog traveled this far from there to Kakariko, there had to be a reason. She looked at the group who continued to plan and sighed. She didn't understand it much but, at least they had a plan.

Adn was following the Sheikah, of course she wasn't a foolish as to follow right behind him, she kept to the shadows which her pure black coat blended in with perfectly. So, the Sheikah seem to have not abandoned thier place as protectors of the Royal Family. She had been sure that not many had been left but, alot can change in a hundred years. She wouldn't be surprised if the Shiekah found her soon. But, she mostly focused on the graveyard...the graveyard where Ishka had been buried. Another whose soul was taken by...Nia and this crystal... Again she wondered what continued to bring her back to this land.

She knew that Vaati had the Triforce of Power, Lae had said that. But, the Triforce of Wisdom's location was still a mystery. The Courage piece had eluded her memory as well, but maybe she just hadn't been paying attention. Adn let out a long breath and quickened her pace, surpassing the Shiekah's speed, racing to the graveyard.

Posted

Then padraig came and pwnd you all.

Posted (edited)

/thread

Edit:

Rain smiled at Esme for a second before realising and answering. "We- Yeah. You don't know what's going on, do you?" Esme didn't answer. "The throne has been taken by a man named Vaati." Rain said simply. "We should head to Kakariko to warn them if they don't know already. Maybe I might find what I need there too. But one thing remains, Hyrule is falling upon dark times again."

Esme giggled a little and stood up. How exciting! she thought, casting a look about the field. "Should be this way." Rain said simply, leading the way. Kakariko was already. They would be there within under an hour at least.

--------------------

Aeth saw the man walk away after the woman who left to the graveyard. There's something about him. he thought, narrowing his eyes. He lifted a hand and muttered into his palm. Kaylaa glanced at him. He didn't notice as he lowered his hand again.

Did he just...? Kaylaa thought anxiously. She took in deep breaths and looked away from him.

--------------------

"Sir, we have a report." Vaati raised his head and viewed the while haired woman who entered the room. "The mage, he has information. He thinks he's found one of the remaining bearers."

Vaati got up quickly and walked down to the woman. "Which one did he say?"

"He didn't sir, it's not certain but the man was definitely mysterious. He wore a blade on his right hip and was seeking a challenge of some sort. Namely you, sir." the woman nodded.

Vaati grinned. "Let him come. It seems we've found out 'hero'. I've dealt with his kind before and I know which mistakes not to make. Did he say where they are?"

"Kakariko, sir. More specifically they graveyard it would seem." she answered, his long white hair shook down her back.

"Okay. See to it that they are disposed of this time. Reno disappointed me last time with his failure to take down even one man and lost all the troops at his disposal not to mention himself, even after escaping. I don't want to see such a disgraceful performance from you, Selvaria."

"You shall not be disappointed, sir. I will take down any and all who stand between me and my target. What of our informer?"

"Leave him be. If he becomes troublesome though, the descision is clear, wouldn't you say?" Vaati asked rhetorically. Selvaria answered with a nod. She turned away from Vaati silently, grabbing the rapier at her waist. an echo resounded through the hall from her heavy boots as she exited the room.

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted

(Dusk)

The Kakariko pack began to surface. The 17 remaining wolves of that pack entered the town. The air was warm, and slightly smokey. A dark figure jumped from the shadows and slid his sword through the side of one of the wolves, and jumped over it. He grabbed the hilt again, flipped the wolf over with his weapon, and ripped the sword back, and promptly swung at another wolf. It cut deep into the wolf's shoulder, and it crashed to the ground in a small dust cloud. Afer a couple minutes, six wolves were dead, and the rest of the pack fled. The dead wolves burst into a deep blue flame.

Solirus slid the sword back into his sheath. He had gotten a gash on his leg, but nothing else. He tied a strip of cloth around his wound. He entered his house near the spring. It wasnt much, just a hammock with a tattered blanket, a shelf containing bread and a few books, and a chest containing his weapons. The roof was in bad shape, it leaked, and most of the walls were long rotted out, he had patched them up. The large basement was in decent shape. He used it for storage.

Posted

She grinned, following the wolf. She had nothing with her, it seemed. No bag, nothing! "So, was do you need, Rain?" The girl asked, her expression a touch blank as she walked beside Rain, her arms behind her. Maybe if she weren't so creepy, she'd be pretty. Like a forgein princess or something. She sighed. Last time she was here, she was with a larger group than just a wolf, though he was a friendly one!

They're dead, Esme thought, her grin fading and she looked truely sad. That was so long ago... She sighed, ruffling her hair. "Ah; I s'pose that's nosy of me! Heheheheee.." Her smile had returned, and she nodded, skipping a little ahead of Rain, her suspenders bounceing and her hair tossled more now by the heavy breeze.

Posted

"So, what do you need, Rain?" Esme asked, walking behind him, her hands behind her back.

Rain looked back at her in surprise, "Oh, nothing. I just thought... That you needed to get to safety before the Furani come and I thought I could at least show you the way seeing as you don't seem to be from round here. I don't think so at least." Rain rambled slightly, trying to totally cover up the fact that he simply wanted company. Esme nodded, it was difficult to tell what her reaction could have been, but it was no matter. She hadn't killed him yet, so it wasn't a huge mistake travelling with her. Kakariko was near now. "Anyway, what are you doing here, Esme? Anything in particular?" Rain asked, breaking the silence.